Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, jamie717 said:

My Sister in law received this offer and has been on only one previous cruise and only spent the cost of one soda delivered by room service!  Our last Panorama cruise we spent $1200.00 approx. on board!

Thanks for responding!

So even after spending $1200 onboard, the did NOT give U the offer?

And your sis in law spent less than $10 & got it??

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

If I were programming such an algorithm, I would target past-guests who have had a few drinks on their tabs, who don't have a current future booking, and who typically don't order Cheers!

Very intelligent and logical!

I only passed the 3rd filter, so I was eliminated.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, drsel said:

Thanks for responding!

So even after spending $1200 onboard, the did NOT give U the offer?

And your sis in law spent less than $10 & got it??

They did not extend the offer to us, I definitely think it's because we've booked and rebooked 3 cruises since COVID and they know I am HOOKED!  🤣  We've never bought the CHEERS package, but we do drink (300.00-400.00) between the two of us on a 7 day.  I would have taken advantage if offered but sadly, no offer for us.  Just a side note, I did a mock booking using my SIL's VIFP # and the exact same cruise and cabin category we had and that cruise total was just about $400.00 more!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jamie717 said:

They did not extend the offer to us, I definitely think it's because we've booked and rebooked 3 cruises since COVID and they know I am HOOKED!  🤣  We've never bought the CHEERS package, but we do drink (300.00-400.00) between the two of us on a 7 day.  I would have taken advantage if offered but sadly, no offer for us.  Just a side note, I did a mock booking using my SIL's VIFP # and the exact same cruise and cabin category we had and that cruise total was just about $400.00 more!

Yes, sadly U didn't pass the 2nd filter of ProgRock's 3 smart filters mentioned above.

Your lucky sis in law passed all 3 filters!

$200 more per person for a 7 night cruise is still a good deal. Thanks for the info.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Acc to ProgRock's 3 smart filters--

''If I were programming such an algorithm, I would target past-guests

1) who have had a few drinks on their tabs

2) who don't have a current future booking

3) who typically don't order Cheers!

 

All those who were left out, kindly check if you pass ALL 3 smart filters.  I certainly didn't

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

As you have said, you already have a future booking.  I see that is planned for August 2021.  Pushing it back a few weeks won't work if they aren't allowed to offer B2Bs in 2021.  Your current booking is "value enough" for them.

 

If I were programming such an algorithm, I would target past-guests who have had a few drinks on their tabs, who don't have a current future booking, and who typically don't order Cheers!

 

We buy Cheers every time.  We have two future bookings.  Carnival is probably very certain we're going to order Cheers for our next cruise.  So why extend the offer to me?

 

Add to that, the email / offer wouldn't necessarily go out to everyone who passes that initial filter.  They might randomly cut it back to 30% of the target group, to test for how positive the campaign succeeds.  Then offer it again, perhaps to a tweaked target group.

 

It is unfortunate (for me) I didn't get the offer, but I am not surprised.

I can see where you're coming from.....but, when Carnival is losing millions of dollars why on earth would you use a rifle approach instead of a shotgun approach?    If you offer it to everyone, more people will take advantage of the offer and thus the monies coming in will increase.  By using selective marketing, fewer monies come in.  But hey, they supposedly know what they're doing and hopefully I'll enjoy my last 3 cruises on Carnival.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carnival would most likely NOT offer RU2 to anyone who has paid for the Cheers package anytime in the past.

And its sad, because these generous patrons are being snubbed/ignored

Edited by drsel
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, drsel said:

Acc to ProgRock's 3 smart filters--

''If I were programming such an algorithm, I would target past-guests

1) who have had a few drinks on their tabs

2) who don't have a current future booking

3) who typically don't order Cheers!

 

All those who were left out, kindly check if you pass ALL 3 smart filters.  I certainly didn't

 

 

I pass 1 and 3.  Failed on 2 since I currently have 4 booked.  That may not last, depending on many factors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

 

I pass 1 and 3.  Failed on 2 since I currently have 4 booked.  That may not last, depending on many factors.

Congrats on your 5000th post & welcome to the 5000+ club !

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

 

I pass 1 and 3.  Failed on 2 since I currently have 4 booked.  That may not last, depending on many factors.

 

2 minutes ago, drsel said:

Congrats on your 5000th post & welcome to the 5000+ club !

Hey BMAS.....congrats.

Link to post
Share on other sites

 I received the "offer", but be careful what you wish for. I did two mock bookings for 7 day cruises, the first on Mardi Gras in June would be an additional $740.00 for the "free" CHEERS! The second on Magic in November would be an additional $840.00 for the "free" CHEERS!

 No where close to free, not really even discounted, so don't feel bad if you didn't get it. As for offers, we were one of the lucky people who got the free cruise from Carnival a few years ago. We both thought it was a scam or something, but our PVP finally called us and asked if we wanted to use it. 8 days on the Breeze, upgraded to a balcony, and added our daughter, with those upgrades, taxes and fees, all together we got the cruise for $750.00. Still looking for more offers like that, but they are LONG gone! 

CHEERS.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drsel said:

Acc to ProgRock's 3 smart filters--

''If I were programming such an algorithm, I would target past-guests

1) who have had a few drinks on their tabs

2) who don't have a current future booking

3) who typically don't order Cheers!

 

All those who were left out, kindly check if you pass ALL 3 smart filters.  I certainly didn't

 

I passed all 3 filters, and I did get the offer. But personally for me, I could care less if I got the offer or not. I only noticed it because people were talking about it, and I had to look in my trash mail. I cruise for itineraries and not perks. 99% of the time I do deletes without even reading the emails. If I had a dollar for every email from a cruise line, offering me something, I would be a millionaire. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cruisinpips said:

 I received the "offer", but be careful what you wish for. I did two mock bookings for 7 day cruises, the first on Mardi Gras in June would be an additional $740.00 for the "free" CHEERS! The second on Magic in November would be an additional $840.00 for the "free" CHEERS!

 No where close to free, not really even discounted, so don't feel bad if you didn't get it. As for offers, we were one of the lucky people who got the free cruise from Carnival a few years ago. We both thought it was a scam or something, but our PVP finally called us and asked if we wanted to use it. 8 days on the Breeze, upgraded to a balcony, and added our daughter, with those upgrades, taxes and fees, all together we got the cruise for $750.00. Still looking for more offers like that, but they are LONG gone! 

CHEERS.png

 

This is exactly what I was going to say - I read on the Book that the price is significantly higher with the "free" Cheers than without.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cruisinpips said:

 I received the "offer", but be careful what you wish for. I did two mock bookings for 7 day cruises, the first on Mardi Gras in June would be an additional $740.00 for the "free" CHEERS! The second on Magic in November would be an additional $840.00 for the "free" CHEERS!

 No where close to free, not really even discounted, so don't feel bad if you didn't get it. As for offers, we were one of the lucky people who got the free cruise from Carnival a few years ago. We both thought it was a scam or something, but our PVP finally called us and asked if we wanted to use it. 8 days on the Breeze, upgraded to a balcony, and added our daughter, with those upgrades, taxes and fees, all together we got the cruise for $750.00. Still looking for more offers like that, but they are LONG gone! 

CHEERS.png

The code on the deal you got was RU9.  The code that other people mentioned  was RU2.  The price difference mentioned was also only about 200 pp.  Paying 200 for a program worth almost 3 times that is a steal.  740 or 840 for 2 people like you mentioned is 370 or 420 for Cheers,  which is also discounted,  but obviously less of a discount than paying only 200.

Bottom line....it is discounted and I will feel bad that we did not receive the RU2 code in my offers box.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We've been Diamond since the beginning.  We have never purchased Cheers but have a few drinks.   We gamble a little but have never received a free or discounted cruise.  We do have cruises booked for next year.  We have never received a free upgrade or even an upsell.  Apparently we are not on the right lists.  Oh well, at least we are still cruising - well maybe.  Looking forward to the Mardi Gras inaugural. If that happens. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, hurricane0226 said:

Just booked the Mardi Gras for July with free drinks anywhere, and 500 Casino cash, and 

400obc, it was with a fvo offer,  hopefully it sails though, still have the March 13 cruise

scheduled. 

 

Congrats on booking your casino promotion, which has nothing to do with the "free Cheers" promotion this thread is about.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

We got free drinks in the casino but didn’t get offered the Cheers program. Kind of a pain to have to go to the casino, and it says while you are playing. Not sure how well they enforce that. Anyone know?

Most of the time you cannot walk up to the casino bar and be served comped drinks. You can always tag the waiter in the casino, tell them you are sitting here at the machine. Put your card in the machine and pretend to play. Wait for your drink, and take it with you. The reason to put your card in the machine is because the waiter will push a button to get your folio number.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moviela said:

Most of the time you cannot walk up to the casino bar and be served comped drinks. You can always tag the waiter in the casino, tell them you are sitting here at the machine. Put your card in the machine and pretend to play. Wait for your drink, and take it with you. The reason to put your card in the machine is because the waiter will push a button to get your folio number.

Ah, ok. We don’t play that much so not a great perk. Thank you!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kona_wahine said:

We got free drinks in the casino but didn’t get offered the Cheers program. Kind of a pain to have to go to the casino, and it says while you are playing. Not sure how well they enforce that. Anyone know?

 

27 minutes ago, kona_wahine said:

Ah, ok. We don’t play that much so not a great perk. Thank you!

If you don't play that much, then why on God's green earth are you worthy of a Drinks On Us card for the casino?  

I know they are given out to spur people to gamble more, but if you don't  at least have some sort of a baseline when it comes to playing in the casino, it makes no sense.

Must be given out by the brother of the marketing genius in charge of algorithms. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Moviela said:

Most of the time you cannot walk up to the casino bar and be served comped drinks. You can always tag the waiter in the casino, tell them you are sitting here at the machine. Put your card in the machine and pretend to play. Wait for your drink, and take it with you. The reason to put your card in the machine is because the waiter will push a button to get your folio number.

so can anyone put his cabin card in a slot machine, pretend to play and ask the waiter for a drink ?

Don't you need  "drinks on us" printed on your card for that?

Edited by drsel
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...