Whom else is still scheduled to cruise in January?

helenb

We are booked on Meraviglia on January 9. We really want to go, but understand that the situation is 'precarious' right now. Our airfare is Southwest, meaning that we can easily adjust things last minute, so we're holding on until MSC gives us confirmation one way or the other.

Anyone else in the same boat? (pun intended)  Waiting on word from MSC regarding January cruises? Let's use this thread to pool our information!

We are scheduled on Meraviglia Jan 16th and 23rd. B2B.

Today received credit card statement which shows a credit from MSC of $198, dated November 19.

Deposit for 16th sailing was 2 x $98 and 23rd was 1 x $98.

Don't know how that credit amount fits in.

gary

3 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Ncl just cancelled through the end of February- msc typically follows w their announcements in a day or two.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/23978-norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-cancels-all-january-and-february-cruises.html

Royal have also cancelled through to the end of Feb.  I'd expect MSC to also be doing so shortly too. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Royal have also cancelled through to the end of Feb.  I'd expect MSC to also be doing so shortly too. 

Did you happen to notice where Royal stated that they 'hope' to begin the testing sailings required by the CDC in January? "Hope", as in, we aren't sure we will be ready by January to start the mandatory trials :(. Unfortunately, we've got a long way to go.

Final payment due today (12/2/2020) for  our January 31 Seaside.  So they've collected all payments for January and will probably cancel all January cruises tomorrow?🥴 

Scheduled for February 28 on Seaside, our final is due Dec. 31 so waiting til then and they'll probably cancel all of February😥 on January 1 if not sooner.

My January 4th on Royal Caribbean was cancelled so in expectations of MSC to follow suit I called them today. Have a 7 day on Seaside booked for end of January. I was hoping to move that booking to an April or May cruise. Or even just cancel and shift the money paid to a March cruise we already booked. I was told not cancelled yet but expecting it to be in next couple days. I was unable to cancel or move cruise without a penalty. Really don't want any more FCC and refunds seem to take so long. So we wait.....

5 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Did you happen to notice where Royal stated that they 'hope' to begin the testing sailings required by the CDC in January? "Hope", as in, we aren't sure we will be ready by January to start the mandatory trials :(. Unfortunately, we've got a long way to go.

It wasn't mentioned in the report I read, sorry, only related to the cancellations. 

We are due to cruise in February Im pretty sure even those will be cancelled we have a problem though even if they are , We booked our own flights to Miami from Heathrow London UK and as We are from the UK currently we are not allowed to Enter the USA if this ban stays in place we will lose the cost of our flights , we were hoping to do a Land based US holiday if the cruise was cancelled so our fingers are crossed for us once again being allowed to enter the USA but how likely will that be by February????

2 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

We are due to cruise in February Im pretty sure even those will be cancelled we have a problem though even if they are , We booked our own flights to Miami from Heathrow London UK and as We are from the UK currently we are not allowed to Enter the USA if this ban stays in place we will lose the cost of our flights , we were hoping to do a Land based US holiday if the cruise was cancelled so our fingers are crossed for us once again being allowed to enter the USA but how likely will that be by February????

Unfortunately I don’t think you’ve any chance.

3 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

Unfortunately I don't think you'll be travelling. If the FCO restrictions are still in place preventing you going to the USA your flights should be covered under your travel insurance though. 

3 hours ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Unfortunately I don't think you'll be travelling. If the FCO restrictions are still in place preventing you going to the USA your flights should be covered under your travel insurance though. 

no unfortunately the flights were booked in April  so the travel insurance wont cover anything booked after March 17th when the Pandemic was announced we at the time of booking them never thought the pandemic would be as devastating as it has been. 

Unfortunately we booked Delta flights and they only seem to be doing flights from the UK to the USA , if we had booked another airline we could have just changed the flights to somewhere European now I wish we had just stuck with BA🙁

4 hours ago, glittergal1 said:

no unfortunately the flights were booked in April  so the travel insurance wont cover anything booked after March 17th when the Pandemic was announced we at the time of booking them never thought the pandemic would be as devastating as it has been. 

Unfortunately we booked Delta flights and they only seem to be doing flights from the UK to the USA , if we had booked another airline we could have just changed the flights to somewhere European now I wish we had just stuck with BA🙁

GG1 ... Just had a look at the details of our claim from AXA regarding flights, we were due to fly with AirTransat from Machester to Vancouver in May this year, Princess cancelled the cruise so we have no option but to cancel the flights because the ship was being moved to Seattle for 2021. We did however book  in January this year for the May cruise, even though I had cancelled our flights we lost £500 on the cancellation fee, I asked Princess about refunding it but they said ask your Insurance. AXA eventually told me that I would have to wait until 28 days prior to the cruise date to see what the FCO advice was re traveling, the advice as you know did not change and AXA told me they would pay out my claim under the Travel Disruption part of the policy, in the end I was £40 out of pocket which was the policy excess.

It might be worth challenging your Insurance to see if you have the Travel Disruption Cover.

1 hour ago, sidari said:

GG1 ... Just had a look at the details of our claim from AXA regarding flights, we were due to fly with AirTransat from Machester to Vancouver in May this year, Princess cancelled the cruise so we have no option but to cancel the flights because the ship was being moved to Seattle for 2021. We did however book  in January this year for the May cruise, even though I had cancelled our flights we lost £500 on the cancellation fee, I asked Princess about refunding it but they said ask your Insurance. AXA eventually told me that I would have to wait until 28 days prior to the cruise date to see what the FCO advice was re traveling, the advice as you know did not change and AXA told me they would pay out my claim under the Travel Disruption part of the policy, in the end I was £40 out of pocket which was the policy excess.

It might be worth challenging your Insurance to see if you have the Travel Disruption Cover.

Admiral are adamant that anything you booked after the pandemic was announced would not be covered , they were very quick at sending emails out to tell customers of this 

31 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

Admiral are adamant that anything you booked after the pandemic was announced would not be covered , they were very quick at sending emails out to tell customers of this 

Not Good at all.