It’s official - More cancellations

mertziek

3 hours ago, eroller said:

I think with three promising vaccines on the near horizon, some cruise lines have changed their strategy. Instead of spending a fortune and ton of resources trying to meet current CDC requirements, which will be short lived, take a step back and wait for the vaccines.  Perhaps when they do start they will require every passenger to have a vaccine certification and will be able to forgo some of the harsh restrictions.

I agree.  That was most line's plan at he start of this when the No Sail Order was first put in place, it seems a pretty big gamble to continue that strategy.  I find it interesting NCL doesn't have Escape, Encore or Joy as attempting to meet the Conditional Sail Order.  Perhaps NCL only plans on starting with Gem, Jewel and POA in April and all the other ships are a plan B if the Order is dropped earlier?

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

Just got my letter (via email) and am sad/relieved.  I really wanted to go, have already had the "flu" and it was a birthday BUT safety is a great concern.  I don't think I am going to put anymore money down til I know a ship is going out with passengers.

I'm glad they didn't wait longer. Booked a back up vacay for January but speculative if that will happen either.

Then trying to decide whether to use the 30% discount (held with my CruiseNext certificates so no $$ to Norwegian out for me) or just not do anything. If I do go for the 30%, I'd have to pay the travel insurance within 30 days.

2 hours ago, gmasters said:

well, damn

just when I was starting to see light and the end of the tunnel. We will be booking another once again.

Will not stop cruising, camping, visiting friends, but the ones who are worried about daily life you are free to stay home

Im willing to get tested ONCE, haven't and dont plan on getting the SHOT

1 hour ago, Beer Belly said:

😞....I hope they just met the capacity restrictions and are still setting sail....I know, not likely. I wonder if they are offering anything extra for the cancelled cruises ?

What would "capacity" be?  More likely they want to hold on to the money as long as possible.  I only have the cruisenext certificates applied...but so far they've been giving 10% off  for a new booking.

20 minutes ago, GA Dave said:

I am VERY happy to know this.  I think that the selfish "refuseniks" will be denied a lot of things in the future....cruising just one of them.  Countries may deny entry, all inclusives may require them....gyms maybe.  Who knows...but the more the better.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

😞....I hope they just met the capacity restrictions and are still setting sail....I know, not likely. I wonder if they are offering anything extra for the cancelled cruises ?

Probaby the same as everyone now. A refund and 10% off a rebooking.  Perhaps someone on one of these cruises can tell us if they received a cancellation.

5 hours ago, Beer Belly said:

NCL canceled my March cruise and offered 10% towards future cruise

The actual 10% discount for a future cruise (along with number like a CND) actually appears in my online NCL account.

The 10% off is valid from Dec 02nd 2020 to Dec 31st, 2021

Stay well.

- WYB

Edited by WYB!

2 hours ago, WYB! said:

The actual 10% discount for a future cruise (along with number like a CND) actually appears in my online NCL account.

The 10% off is valid from Dec 02nd 2020 to Dec 31st, 2021

Stay well.

- WYB

Is it 10% off the cruise fare or 10% off everything in the reservation? Thanks

6 hours ago, pspercy said:

I've got two CruiseNext certs that need to be fully used by next April.

How am I supposed to do that now ?

Find a future cruise you want.  Call (before April) and explain that you would like to book the cruise and want the certificates extended to be good for that cruise. They will normally honor such a request.

22 hours ago, pandncruisers said:

We were booked on b2b out of San Juan with the 1st one leaving 03/28 and the2 one leaving 04/04.  The March one is on 'hold' and no balance due but the April one is still showing as a good cruise but I am assuming that one will be cancelled or changed anyway since it is the last cruise on the Epic scheduled out of San Juan for the spring.  I can't imagine that they will send the Epic there for only 1 week.  I guess it is wait and see what comes next.

We have b2b on the Epic for 3/20 and 3/27 booked for 2022 out of San Juan.  I received an email stating the 2nd one was canceled also but as I said this one is for 2022......not sure why they would cancel that one so far out unless they are heading to NY a week earlier.   

We are booked on the 3/1/20 5 day cruise on the Escape.  We both had Covid-19 in October and tested positive for the antibodies in November.  It looks like our cruise is still a go and we think we would be perfect candidates for the "trial" cruise.  

Edited by tmoe

59 minutes ago, tmoe said:

We are booked on the 3/1/20 5 day cruise on the Escape.  We both had Covid-19 in October and tested positive for the antibodies in November.  It looks like our cruise is still a go and we think we would be perfect candidates for the "trial" cruise.  

Something to consider - and of course things may change by then - but over on the RCI board member "not-enough-cruising" posted that the Royal Caribbean Quantum sailing that recently went out of Singapore had this info re positive tests (as in positive in past 180 days = no cruising):

This is from the policy for the Singapore Quantum sailing leaving today  

Guests who have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 in the past 180 days before embarking, or hold a positive serology certificate dated during this timeframe, will not be able to receive a PCR test, and are therefore unable to cruise.”

48 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

Something to consider - and of course things may change by then - but over on the RCI board member "not-enough-cruising" posted that the Royal Caribbean Quantum sailing that recently went out of Singapore had this info re positive tests (as in positive in past 180 days = no cruising):

This is from the policy for the Singapore Quantum sailing leaving today  

Guests who have tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 in the past 180 days before embarking, or hold a positive serology certificate dated during this timeframe, will not be able to receive a PCR test, and are therefore unable to cruise.”

Edited by tmoe
Thanks for the info. Everything is so fluid so we will wait to see wait NCL decides. We will certainly not make a final payment if no policies are in place, even with insurance.

We are scheduled on Breakaway out of NOLA on 4/4/21.  It is the last scheduled cruise out of there on that ship until fall.  Is NCL likely to send the ship to NOLA for just one week, from where ever it is now (Miami??), or should I assume ours will be cancelled, even if other ships are sailing in April.  Our final payment isn't due until February, so maybe I'll just wait and see, but would appreciate any thoughts.  No, I haven't called NCL to ask.  😃

After being told that our Europe cruise this past spring was cancelled, AND being told that 25 % extra "credit" would be applied to future cruises, I rebooked.  Norwegian sent many emails stating full refunds would be given for any reason guest would need to cancel future cruises.

THIS IS A LIE.  Because I rolled credits and the original $!6000 into 2 cuises (one which was also canceled)  I am now told I will only get credits.  NO REFUNDS.  

I am livid.  You are warned.