Questions regarding the Jewel :0)

Kclovesken

Originally I did all kinds of research on the Bliss because that's what we were sailing on. We have since rescheduled for the Jewel and would love input on that ship. I realize it isn't anywhere near the Bliss but is it still a go to ship? Also what would your pick for a balcony room without a restaurant on top of your head be. Do you guys have any input on what to expect on that ship? 

Thanks so much for all the advice and input. ❤️❤️

My cruise is booked way out into 2022 but with the reschedules and minimal capacity she said they had I want to switch room early if possible.

6 minutes ago, Kclovesken said:

My cruise is booked way out into 2022 but with the reschedules and minimal capacity she said they had I want to switch room early if possible.

Where are you going?

The Jewel is a smaller and older ship, so you don't get all of the restaurants, bars, and entertainment you would get on the Bliss. She's been through a couple of dry docks with the latest branding and has a contemporary feel. We have sailed on the Jewel multiple times to Alaska and the Mexican Riviera (in the days before the big, megaships). 

image.png.c0a30e7a3465d5e36fde4a0b1d6d5236.png

image.png.09cb2af44715b3066b5caa6019e0780a.png

image.png.959bae53bf6baee563085395fc6d01e2.png

We like the Jewel class ships better than the big ships.  For us, too much to do on the big ones.  The Jewel class are just right for us.  But that decision will be based on each person's age, lifestyle, and what they are cruising for.  Here's a ship floor plan you can search and see what's above and below you.  You can slide the decks on top of each other.  

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/dragdeck.php?ship=Norwegian-Jewel

• Like 1

We love the Jewel and her sister Jewel-class ships.  They are a very comfortable size, with not too many people; easy to get around.  And they have some of the best public spaces I've encountered on any ship, including the Great Outdoors and the Spinnaker Lounge, as well as a real promenade deck.   If you are looking for an amusement park at sea, these are not the ships for you, so you have a personal decision to make.

In terms of a standard balcony cabin, Deck 10 is my favorite on these ships -- cabins above and below you.  Deck 9 should be fine as well.   As others have said, do check out the deck plans.

Enjoy whatever you decide!

enhance

(the Jewel at anchor in Cabo San Lucas; photo by turtles06)

• Like 2

We too enjoy the Jewel class ships as well as the Dawn (a pre-Jewel ship) Decks 8,9,10 are all cabins, deck 11 has mini suites and two bedroom suites. I agree with Turtles06 that 10 is my favorite deck - the garden cafe is two decks up and the MDRs are three decks down. Stay near the center of the ship and you will be equal distance from everything. 

I also love the Jewel class ships... proving my point 😉, I just cancelled the 2nd part of a 26 day cruise on the Jade.  It hurt me so much to do it but both cruises are too long in these circumstances, yes, JMO. 

I'm always looking for interesting itineraries on the smaller ships. I've cruise twice on the Jade already, also on the Pearl. Would jump at the chance to cruise on  any Jewel class ship.  

Stay safe all. 

• Like 1

I've never sailed on the Jewel or any of her sisters but I was very attracted (and was going to book) the Jewel's itinerary from Honolulu, HI to Papeete, Tahiti (calling at multiple Hawaiian and French Polynesian islands during the, I think I remember to be, 14 day cruise).

I agree with many, I think I would like the smaller Jewel class ships. Not as many passengers with very nice interior public spaces/venues & staterooms.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, farmersfight said:

I've never sailed on the Jewel or any of her sisters but I was very attracted (and was going to book) the Jewel's itinerary from Honolulu, HI to Papeete, Tahiti (calling at multiple Hawaiian and French Polynesian islands during the, I think I remember to be, 14 day cruise).

I agree with many, I think I would like the smaller Jewel class ships. Not as many passengers with very nice interior public spaces/venues & staterooms.

I do hope you get to sail that itinerary one day (it looks wonderful) and certainly that you get a chance to sail one of the Jewel-class ships.  I think you'd enjoy it. 

• Thanks 1

Awesome thanks for all the input. I am doing the mexican riviera. I liked the idea it sailed out of my hometown. I am not interested in the racetrack etc but wanted to make sure we still had the comfort. Sounds like a winner to me:0)

• Like 1

It was my first NCL cruise and if you like the mega ships better I wouldn't recommend it. I went because it was from NYC but I regret not flying to Miami and taking the Epic because that was the best cruise I was ever on.

I don't want to say anything bad about the ship itself but I am better suited for a mega ship with music venues, bowling, howl at the moon, etc. 

4 hours ago, farmersfight said:

We sailed on the Jewel from Honolulu to Papeete and then to Sydney on the Jewel.  Awesome cruise and enjoyed all the FP Islands.  Hope you get to sail on this itinerary someday.

• Thanks 1