Brilliance BEST INTERIOR CABIN?

Best cabins for least amount of motion are mid-ship on a lower deck. Other than that pick one that is a convenient location to elevators for access to areas you preferred. Also avoid those under pool area, eateries and bars, both under and over.😉

Edited by robtulipe
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Any input on the best interior cabin on the Brilliance of the Seas, or are they all basically the same, just different decks?

Member of CC since 2000 ! and you don't know about interior cabin's ? Maybe your still researching and Brilliance is your first cruise ? Just asking for myself ! 🤔

29 minutes ago, deepcman said:

Take a look at 3635 and 3639. These are the largest inside cabins on this class of ships. Probably twice the size of other insides and definately larger than a balcony cabin. 

We had one of these cabins and the size is delightful, yes, but there is a crew thoroughfare above the cabin and the non-stop sound of cards zipping back and forth was maddening when trying to sleep. Just FYI.

Had a Brilliance interior for a Super Bowl cruise one year.  No issues, pretty standard for this class and similar to interior on other classes.  I was in 8015.

There was a curtain rod where once there may have been a curtain to separate the bed area from the desk area but few interior I've stayed in have this so it meant nothing to me.  

I would book it again or accept a GTY for the right price but I sleep through anything so location doesn't matter to me.

14 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Member of CC since 2000 ! and you don't know about interior cabin's ? Maybe your still researching and Brilliance is your first cruise ? Just asking for myself ! 🤔

I’m very familiar with cruising and I’ve actually been on this ship once before. But I thought there were a couple of cabins that were larger. After CC changed their format, doing a specific search is cumbersome.  I was hoping someone would know which are larger or if there are any “secret” best interiors. 

If future cruises are going to follow the protocols of RCCL cruises out of Singapore that are sailing now, both inside and ocean view cabins will not be available.

This measure ie.most likely, in case of quarantine, passengers would have access to outside air and light.

Something to consider

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

If future cruises are going to follow the protocols of RCCL cruises out of Singapore that are sailing now, both inside and ocean view cabins will not be available.

This measure ie.most likely, in case of quarantine, passengers would have access to outside air and light.

Something to consider

That will not last forever.

23 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Any input on the best interior cabin on the Brilliance of the Seas, or are they all basically the same, just different decks?

I had 4561 in October of 2018. I liked this cabin a lot. It was convenient to everything. Walked on the ship and right to the cabin.. no elevators/stairs. Same thing with debarkation.. left the cabin and was off the ship in less than 60 seconds. Easy access to the main elevators, and entertainment that happens in the Centrum. I am a light sleeper and was worried about noise... I could not hear much at all from the room. 

I like deck 4 near the Centrum on Radiance--class ships, and haven't found them to be too noisy. We've tried to stay in 3635 on Brilliance and Jewel, but both cruises were cancelled. I was able to get 3635 on Brilliance for the Oct. 2022 6-night repo, so hope it isn't as noisy as others experienced.

3 hours ago, bouhunter said:

Just stay away from the Centrum where the noise is.  And maybe get something on a middle deck so it's only 2-3 floors up and down to where things are.

Lol I always ask for a higher deck, maybe a deck between me and pool. 

But then I got a PR on liberty, and my ta cant see why I'd pay extra for one. I've only had one once with my sister and we watched people and the parades and loved it. Next xmas might be no parades to watch, idk. I just booked the one. Btw starting next fall 2021, connecting pr is cheaper than a non connecting pr, they divided pr into 2 categories now. I'm probably the only fan of these cabins. 

2 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Something to consider

So what would they do with those booked now? .. though I did consider covid and booked a balcony for april ...which now I'm getting worried wouldnt go. Just in case we get quarantined..

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Lol I always ask for a higher deck, maybe a deck between me and pool. 

But then I got a PR on liberty, and my ta cant see why I'd pay extra for one. I've only had one once with my sister and we watched people and the parades and loved it. Next xmas might be no parades to watch, idk. I just booked the one. Btw starting next fall 2021, connecting pr is cheaper than a non connecting pr, they divided pr into 2 categories now. I'm probably the only fan of these cabins. 

The Brilliance doesn’t have a promenade. 

1 hour ago, NancyIL said:

I like deck 4 near the Centrum on Radiance--class ships, and haven't found them to be too noisy. We've tried to stay in 3635 on Brilliance and Jewel, but both cruises were cancelled. I was able to get 3635 on Brilliance for the Oct. 2022 6-night repo, so hope it isn't as noisy as others experienced.

Ah, no wonder I couldn’t get that cabin!  You got there before me! We’re on that same sailing. Are you thinking a TA will follow this?  That’s what we’re thinking 

21 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

The Brilliance doesn’t have a promenade. 

Wasnt saying it did. I said if just normal insides I ask for a higher deck.

Then I said I like PR, as in if it's a inside choice.

But I'd ask for a high deck, ask my ta. My answer stands

20 minutes ago, jerseygirl3 said:

Ah, no wonder I couldn’t get that cabin!  You got there before me! We’re on that same sailing. Are you thinking a TA will follow this?  That’s what we’re thinking 

I think a Transatlantic will follow, but I'm not sure whether we'll want to add 2 more weeks to the trip. A lot will depend on TA price and itinerary.

On 12/6/2020 at 9:17 AM, jerseygirl3 said:

Radiance Class ships are most enjoyed, in my humble and sincere opinion, by travelling up and down the main Centrum elevators, as most of the venues, events, shopping areas, getting off/on ship, access to the VCL and various dining venues, Schooner Bar, etc etc etc are mostly targeted from this main focal point of the ship. I stayed once in an interior cabin forward of the ship and hated both the location and using the forward elevators. I always try to stay close to the Centrum on the higher decks., or I've also stayed on both deck 3 and 4, both locations are brilliant as long as you're within say 5-10 cabins from the stairs/elevators. Super convenient.

Summary (my opinion): front interiors = 👎 

Central (deck 4) or slightly aft interiors (deck 3) = 👍

To answer firefly333’ s question- 

If RCCL has accepted bookings for interior and ocean view cabins, then,the cruise line is anticipating those cruises will sail with normal passenger load and availability for all  cabin categories. If policies change regarding the percentage of passengers allowed per sailing and/or cabin category availability, then, I would think, that the cruise line would offer passengers an opportunity to rebook another cruise or offer a refund .

It may also be that RCCL and other cruise lines as well, are booking cabins as usual with some forethought that the cruises may be cancelled,especially those slated for Spring 2021 given the  present Covid situation. 

5 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Something to consider

The sailing I’m inquiring about isn’t until October 2022. I’m thinking by then most (and I hope it’s a requirement) will be vaccinated by then and we can get back to normal. 

45 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I think a Transatlantic will follow, but I'm not sure whether we'll want to add 2 more weeks to the trip. A lot will depend on TA price and itinerary.

We feel the same. We may do a land trip to Florence if we don’t do a TA. 

Fall of 2022 is a reasonable time frame to expect cruises to resume. 

But, in the meantime, you may consider booking a balcony just in case cruise lines choose to limit cabin categories so that they fulfill sailing requirements of the CDC or other agencies.

If you are considering booking an interior cabin due to budgetary concerns, a guarantee balcony cabin may be an alternative choice for you.