Drink package and discount?

39august

39 minutes ago, 39august said:

I believe Pinnacles get a 40% discount on a drink package. Will someone please tell me what the basic cost of that package is? We have never bought one, so I don't know. And the web site is so hard to navigate.  TIA

The price can vary by ship and even sail date. 

• Like 1

The trend has been for short cruises to have the highest prices.  I've seen as high as $93 per person per day on board (pre-pandemic of course) plus 18% gratuity.

I guess they figure people can really pound down the drinks for a 3 day weekend booze cruise so they cover for that scenario with increased pricing.

For medium length cruises $63 to $78 on board was common.  

Oasis 7 night in December and Anthem 11 night in January 2020 were both $70 on board.

The Pinnacle 40% onboard discount used to be a sure way to get the best rate but cruise planner sales recently have equalled that.  Nonetheless if you are Pinnacle (assumed since you mentioned it) the onboard approach is generally safe and saves you from putting the money out now.  Recent email promos have claimed up to 45% discount but that deep discount didn't appear for any of my cruises.