FCC help

kstom1

Canceled cruise for family of 4.  We had 2 adjoining rooms.  Also paid for dinners and wifi.  We received  6 different  FCC certificate numbers.

When I rebook, will I be able to use all 6?  And if we have 2 additional passengers with us (6 people in 2 cabins), will I be able to use that credit towards our 2 new people?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, kstom1 said:

Canceled cruise for family of 4.  We had 2 adjoining rooms.  Also paid for dinners and wifi.  We received  6 different  FCC certificate numbers.

When I rebook, will I be able to use all 6?  And if we have 2 additional passengers with us (6 people in 2 cabins), will I be able to use that credit towards our 2 new people?

Thanks

If only 4 you should have 4 fcc. Are you sure 2 arent obc from cancelled planner items.

They will work with a family to spread their fcc  but I doubt if you have 2 extra people who were not cancelled the fcc can be used for their cruisefare. 

Probably you need more information if 4 cancelled and you have 6 fccs

I also think what firefly said about 2 FCC being from OBC/planner items might be your scenario.

In addition, this info might help others...they are making an exception in the way that, if you originally had 3 or 4 people in a cabin, & you want to rebook a cruise, but all of the previous people can not sail, they will let you apply the total FCC towards a new sailing/cabin. We originally had 3 sailing in a cabin that was cancelled. My daughter can not join us on the new cruise we booked due to college schedule, but Royal allowed us to apply her FCC to our new sailing. (Hope that made sense.)

12 minutes ago, RCCLNYMETS41 said:

My daughter can not join us on the new cruise we booked due to college schedule, but Royal allowed us to apply her FCC to our new sailing. (Hope that made sense.)

They did the same thing for me.  I be.I eve that a long as the guest is under 21 they will allow this because even though they are an adult they cannot travel on their own. 

Hello,

Do you mind if I gate-crash this thread?

If RCI (there's no 'if' about it!) cancels a cruise that I booked on-board using NextCruise 'Book Later' to get savings or OBC on the cruise, can I transfer the OBC from that booking to a remaining cruise or have I lost it?

I have two cruises to which this applies and all I have paid is deposits - one has been FCC'ed the other is still sailing (maybe).

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet

17 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

If RCI (there's no 'if' about it!) cancels a cruise that I booked on-board using NextCruise 'Book Later' to get savings or OBC on the cruise, can I transfer the OBC from that booking to a remaining cruise or have I lost it?

I have two cruises to which this applies.

Regards,

Cublet

The OBC will not be transferred from a cancelled cruise to another cruise.

When I did a L&S for our March 2021 B2B cruises to March 2022 B2B cruises I was able to keep the OBCs I received (for future cruises) for the B2B March 2021cruises while onboard our March 2019 B2B Freedom cruise. I was surprised that was allowed. 

Edited by davekathy

19 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

I have two cruises to which this applies and all I have paid is deposits - one has been FCC'ed the other is still sailing (maybe).

Regards,

Cublet

You can transfer the Next Cruise OBC to a new booking.  

• Thanks 2

Hello,

So it's a tie with one vote each for 'keep' and 'lose'.

The casting vote goes to RCI who have told me in writing that the NextCruise OBC is lost - 'end of'. How far this individual is up the food chain to be able to make such a definitive statement I do not know but that's as far as I think I can go.

Regards,

Cublet

22 hours ago, davekathy said:

The OBC will not be transferred from a cancelled cruise to another cruise.

When I did a L&S for our March 2021 B2B cruises to March 2022 B2B cruises I was able to keep the OBCs I received (for future cruises) for the B2B March 2021cruises while onboard our March 2019 B2B Freedom cruise. I was surprised that was allowed. 

It depends on the OBC.

next cruise, deployment and compensatory OBC can be transferred.  Promotional cannot.

6. Whatwillhappentomyclient'sNextCruiseonboardcreditifhe/shechoosestocancel?

When choosing Cruise with Confidence, NextCruise onboard credits will be reallocated to your client’s future booking. Additionally, if your client has received onboard credit as a result of a redeployment, charter, or other goodwill gesture, it will also follow them to the new reservation. If your client chooses to cancel without opting for a Cruise with Confidence FCC or “Lift & Shift,” the NextCruise onboard credit will be forfeited.

3 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

So it's a tie with one vote each for 'keep' and 'lose'.

The casting vote goes to RCI who have told me in writing that the NextCruise OBC is lost - 'end of'. How far this individual is up the food chain to be able to make such a definitive statement I do not know but that's as far as I think I can go.

Regards,

Cublet

You were told wrong.  Call again.  I have moved next cruise OBC many times.

see my post above for the details as they have posted in the FAQ’s

• Like 1

Hello,

For the avoidance of doubt, here are the facts:

I purchased a NextCruise 'Book Later' reservation on board for £150. £150 is the standard UK deposit for 1 passenger. I used it later on land to make a definite reservation on an itinerary within two months that entitled me to $200 OBC (the range of possible OBC was $25 to $600 depending on cruise length and type of accommodation). Nothing more was paid by me as the BL reservation cost = Deposit Cost. I was due to sail in October 2020.

Sometime last year RCI cancelled the October sailing and before I had to make final payment. I did nothing but sit back waiting for a FCC for the deposit to be issued.

Typical of RCI to make a balls-up, they refunded to my credit card £13.70 and have issued a FCC for £171.00 - no doubt the split between the two was something to do with tide times in Miami as I can think of no other reason.

Confirming the paragraph above, I was told by RCI  last week, the OBC was lost "as per our terms and conditions".

I have the Book Later reservation certificate and the 'fine print' T&Cs on the bottom do not cover the circumstance we find ourselves in these days.

There used to be an insurance company's advert here that ran "Don't make a drama out of a crisis" - I think RCI trying desperately to do so, and not just any old drama but a drama in thirteen acts.

Regards,

Cublet

57 minutes ago, cublet said:

Confirming the paragraph above, I was told by RCI  last week, the OBC was lost "as per our terms and conditions".

I'm pretty sure you have to move a booking to keep the OBC - when you did nothing,  the OBC was lost. The OBC is tied to the booking, not the FCC.

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

For the avoidance of doubt, here are the facts:

I purchased a NextCruise 'Book Later' reservation on board for £150. £150 is the standard UK deposit for 1 passenger. I used it later on land to make a definite reservation on an itinerary within two months that entitled me to $200 OBC (the range of possible OBC was $25 to $600 depending on cruise length and type of accommodation). Nothing more was paid by me as the BL reservation cost = Deposit Cost. I was due to sail in October 2020.

Sometime last year RCI cancelled the October sailing and before I had to make final payment. I did nothing but sit back waiting for a FCC for the deposit to be issued.

Typical of RCI to make a balls-up, they refunded to my credit card £13.70 and have issued a FCC for £171.00 - no doubt the split between the two was something to do with tide times in Miami as I can think of no other reason.

I have the Book Later reservation certificate and the 'fine print' T&Cs on the bottom do not cover the circumstance we find ourselves in these days.

There used to be an insurance company's advert here that ran "Don't make a drama out of a crisis" - I think RCI trying desperately to do so, and not just any old drama but a drama in thirteen acts.

Regards,

Cublet

Sorry that you have experienced this but I have had the OBC moved for clients several times and  the terms from the FAQ’s that I posted earlier support this. 

while what you posted is usually true they have made allowances for this under the CWC and now allow the next cruise OBC to be moved. 

in rereading this it appears that you don’t have another reservation which is needed in order to move the OBC.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You do not have to move the booking.  The OBC can be moved to a different reservation.

Right, it has to be moved, sounds like the poster doesn't have a new booking to which to apply the FCC to.

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Right, it has to be moved, sounds like the poster doesn't have a new booking to which to apply the FCC to.

Sorry, thought you said that the OBC was tied to the booking and the booking had to be moved as in the specific booking.  I was just staying that you and move the OBC to a different booking.   

37 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Sorry, thought you said that the OBC was tied to the booking and the booking had to be moved as in the specific booking.  I was just staying that you and move the OBC to a different booking.   

Hello,

I've got 12 bookings outstanding - 10 in 2021 and 2 (so far) in 2022. The 2022 bookings have been made since the booking with the OBC was cancelled by RCI.

Should I, or my TA, have said at the time the new 2022 bookings were made "and by the way, I want to transfer the OBC from a Next Cruise booking to this new booking"?

Regards,

Cublet

6 minutes ago, cublet said:

Should I, or my TA, have said at the time the new 2022 bookings were made "and by the way, I want to transfer the OBC from a Next Cruise booking to this new booking"?

Yes.

not sure who you would call in the  UK but in the US you would call post cruise guest relations. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hello,

Many thanks for your assistance.

Unfortunately we seem to have no-one left in the UK with a brain cell and my TA's last contact with RCI was routed to Kansas.

Would I stand a chance getting the OBC if I make another booking and ask for it to be transferred?

Regards,

Cublet

Edited by cublet

6 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Many thanks for your assistance.

Unfortunately we seem to have no-one left in the UK with a brain cell and my TA's last contact with RCI was routed to Kansas.

Would I stand a chance getting the OBC if I make another booking and ask for it to be transferred?

Regards,

Cublet

Making a new booking won’t  make a difference. 

post cruise # 800.256.6649 if you can get your TA to call.