Cruise Restrictions - What will new restrictions be? When will cruisers be given official news of what restrictions are?

thymcruisers

DW is a teacher, but for some reason I don't think they have the same priority for getting the vaccination here in NY State as they seem to from reading some of these posts as they do in some other states.

• Like 1

On 1/1/2021 at 7:36 PM, Djptcp said:

I also hope that vaccination proof will be a requirement for cruising. DH and I are getting our first round in the next few days and the second shot in 28 days after that. We are hoping we will be given something in writing that we an use as proof of vaccination that we can show the cruise lines. We have a Holland America cruise booked for April 2021, but are not confident at all it will sail. But, hopeful that our Dec. 2021 Holland, Jan. 2022 Carnival, and Feb. 2022 Holland cruises will all sail. Get vaccinated!

As a Covid survivor I do not want to be REQUIRED to inject anything else into my body. 

• Like 4

On 12/28/2020 at 1:01 PM, thymcruisers said:

We have cruise March 27 (Vista out of Galveston) and here we are 90 days out, and not sure IF we will be cruising and WHAT new restrictions will be.  All sorts of rumors about mask wearing, only cruise sponsored shore excursions allowed, Covid tests, age requirements, health issues,  etc., are going around.  I'm hoping that Carnival will post their restrictions SOON so we can make a decision (without penalty) about our upcoming cruise - will restrictions be too much for us and will we be allowed to cancel or postpone without penalties?  We rebooked at a great rate and currently have $1200 OBC - hate to give that up, too!!

At this time, we don't know if we should count on a cruise or plan something different for a spring vacation!!

Thanks for any input!

If past efforts are any indication of future results Carnival will wait to the very last minute to give any information so they can continue to rake in those final payments.

On 1/2/2021 at 8:25 AM, ontheweb said:

DW is a teacher, but for some reason I don't think they have the same priority for getting the vaccination here in NY State as they seem to from reading some of these posts as they do in some other states.

My wife works in a medical clinic and she got the first shot on Saturday here in North Carolina.

1 hour ago, RollTide73 said:

As a Covid survivor I do not want to be REQUIRED to inject anything else into my body. 

The good news is that cruising isn't mandatory! Plenty of other ways to vacation if they make vaccines mandatory (which they have every right to do). I also believe that the mandatory efforts will cease after four or five years or so (but not until then). Once everyone has the option and the vaccines are plentiful globally (including destination countries), it will probably be optional and up to the individual and also the repercussions/expenses of choosing to forgo vaccinations. You'll need your own trip insurance (probably at a much higher price) and have to sign a waiver that you'll be responsible/liable for any care/costs associated should you become ill or need to be left behind. The requirement won't need to be there after the vaccine is plentiful because the vast majority will be vaccinated and those that want to gamble with chance will only be putting themselves at risk. Until that time, expect mandatory vaccines as a certainty in order to cruise.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RollTide73 said:

Then more than likely you have taken your last cruise for awhile since more than likely the vaccine will be a requirement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skridge said:

My wife works in a medical clinic and she got the first shot on Saturday here in North Carolina.

This is good news.  I had a routine appointment with my doctor today and was thrilled to find all employees in the office have received the first round of vaccinations.  This is in south central Texas.

• Like 1

One angle I haven't heard talked about is with regards to children. Many travel as a family and none of the current vaccines have been approved for children under 16. Clinical trials are underway but this may throw a wrench into many folks plans (myself included) to return to sailing. I'm hoping one gets approved soon for children. Also hope the cruise lines will offer full refunds for those who cannot/will-not get a vaccine. Seems only fair and they can add it to the cruise contract going forward.   

we are cruising end of this year. our children will be almost 21 and 19 at time of sailing.  DH and I are both teachers so we will get vaccine within the next few weeks. not sure about my kids. I will take it one day at a time.  I am sure my TA will have suggestions for us 

On 1/2/2021 at 8:25 AM, ontheweb said:

It seems the vaccine roll-out is hitting some bumps in the road here in NY.  But with 20 million people to potentially vaccinate I think they will eventually figure this out.  My teacher friends (retired teacher here) are mixed on if they will take the vaccine when offered.  I, on the other hand, will definitely take it, as will the rest of my family, as we would like to safely get back to traveling/cruising asap.

14 minutes ago, pe4all said:

It seems the vaccine roll-out is hitting some bumps in the road here in NY.  But with 20 million people to potentially vaccinate I think they will eventually figure this out.  My teacher friends (retired teacher here) are mixed on if they will take the vaccine when offered.  I, on the other hand, will definitely take it, as will the rest of my family, as we would like to safely get back to traveling/cruising asap.

DW who is over 65 and teaches art in an elementary school says she is in the second priority. I'm over 70 and retired, and have no idea when I am prioritized. Hopefully, we will eventually get our shots.