Has Anyone Booked for 2021?

Beckett

I think I have come up with a plan.  There is a trip on QE at the end of July which goes Wednesday to Sunday.  I can book a few days in Bournemouth so I know I have a trip to look forward to.  If cruising starts then hopefully I will be able to book on QE and drive to Southampton from Bournemouth on the day.  If not, then I drive home, maybe stopping in a couple of places on the way.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, lindalulabel said:

Hi we are booked on a transatlantic from New York to Southampton in May. Ive been looking through CC and coming to conclusion its going to be cancelled. Not heard anything rom Cunard tho.

Which ship what date would be useful

Voyages departing onboard the Queen Mary 2 up to and including May 28, 2021 and onboard the Queen Elizabeth up to and including June 4, 2021 are now cancelled.

Departures on the Queen Victoria remain unaffected and are scheduled to resume May 17, 2021.

2 hours ago, lindalulabel said:

Hi we are booked on a transatlantic from New York to Southampton in May. Ive been looking through CC and coming to conclusion its going to be cancelled. Not heard anything rom Cunard tho.

Hi we have 14 day transatlantic cruise booked for 6th June noticed it’s no longer on sale but on hold have had not had any information from Cunard

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi we have 14 day transatlantic cruise booked for 6th June noticed it’s no longer on sale but on hold have had not had any information from Cunard

Bookings longer than eight days are ‘on hold’ according to Cunard’s web site. 
The current CDC guidance prohibits anything over eight days, to or from a US port through November first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aulanis said:

Dont understand the question  - the CDC rule affects ships only  to and from US ports.

Any ships   Any line.

We are doing QM2 westbound November 14th and on November 21st we are getting onboard Anthem of the Seas. Would that be allowed. Our travel agent has not been in contact saying there might be a problem.

8 hours ago, lindalulabel said:

Cunard will have cancelled most stuff to either may or june. 

Also have you been able to get your vaccinations yet?

Edited by ace2542

52 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

We are doing QM2 westbound November 14th and on November 21st we are getting onboard Anthem of the Seas. Would that be allowed. Our travel agent has not been in contact saying there might be a problem.

As I understand it The CDC rules are currently only up to 4 Nov 21  so  expect

no-one knows had it been before  4 Nov 21 and the QM2  leg is more than 7 days 

it would not (as it stands now) be allowed.   Similarly if the Anthem leg is more than 7 days

that would not be allowed.    Are these both TAs? 

21 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Yes that was  why I asked  @lindalulabel  for Ship & Date

44 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

As I understand it The CDC rules are currently only up to 4 Nov 21  so  expect

no-one knows had it been before  4 Nov 21 and the QM2  leg is more than 7 days 

it would not (as it stands now) be allowed.   Similarly if the Anthem leg is more than 7 days

that would not be allowed.    Are these both TAs? 

Yes that was  why I asked  @lindalulabel  for Ship & Date

No it is a 26 package 3 ships nyc stay that kind of thing promoted by a UK cruise agency. Westbound QM2 then Anthem to Bahamas and that private island they have then 5 nights nyc and then back home on QM2. Final payment date august. I am in Omskirk not too far from you actually and I am in the last vaccine group so the timetable for me is going to be very tight I think. Despite the fact my father 82 was vaccinated very quickly with both doses on time. If I can get the single shot Johnson and Johnson which should be approved for UK soon we might be ok at least on the vaccine situation. But if I am unable to get that it could be a big problem on two fronts.

Edited by ace2542

June 16. QM2 Eastbound. I think there’s a 50-50 chance she’ll sail and weighted even greater if the vaccines proceed here  in the US as planned. My friends in the U.K. & France have already gotten their first jab, 

so cross fingers!

If that doesn’t go we’ll move to the July 6 sail on QM2.

11 hours ago, ace2542 said:

No it is a 26 package 3 ships nyc stay that kind of thing promoted by a UK cruise agency.

Sounds an excellent package for these times - not a lot of ports to worry about.  We choose a

cruise based on destination  and like to make our own arrangements for tours and  there

is not a lot of known facts on that though  "bubble" tours seem the current plan.

If that is the case we may have to put Greenland on hold for a while.

Hope it works out for you, more and more vaccine outlets seem to be coming on line

Pharmacies and Large Stores. We live 3 minutes walk from the hospital  - maybe at

some point they will have a list for locals to get the jab at short notice. Our son works

there and  they get a few NTUs  which they try to fill with staff  but some still gets wasted.

I am an over 70 but wife is in over 65 group. We should get jabs in time but in any case

I dont think our trip will come off so no worries. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Which ship what date would be useful

Voyages departing onboard the Queen Mary 2 up to and including May 28, 2021 and onboard the Queen Elizabeth up to and including June 4, 2021 are now cancelled.

Departures on the Queen Victoria remain unaffected and are scheduled to resume May 17, 2021.

Ok thanks,... Queen Mary 2, May 14th,  😟

14 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Also have you been able to get your vaccinations yet?

Hubby has had his first one, because he works for the out of hours doctors. God knows when I will get mine. 😉😞

@lindalulabel

OK  you need to take a careful look at the Cunard website.  I dont like the way they say "on hold"

"extended its pause"   to me it looks like your cruise is cancelled 😞

see here

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/contact-us/travel-health-advisories?otprrf=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2F

If you read down that after Palethorpe it says how does it affect me .......

And there is also Questions & answers.

If you booked through a TA   you may need to go via them.

You need to decide if you want  FCCs    Future cruise credit    125% of what you paid

or your cash back 100%  IF you do nothing you WILL get 125% FCC

IF you want cash you MUST fill in the online form.

Ypu have until some date in April to decide  -  you have time to  see what might be

available and maybe you can see a cruise you would like to book with the FCC.

From the number of times they say dont contact us I doubt if you will get anything

from Cunard until maybe they allot the FCCs.

There is a roll call for your cruise but no-one has mentioned cancellation yet.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2745817-qm2-14th-may-2021/?tab=comments#comment-59822033

There only a few people there but one is from Northampton  - may ask if they have heard anything.

Good Luck!     

I don't know if this was a good idea or not, but I have used the credit from May to book QE in July.  I only got a credit for what I had paid so nothing to lose. Apart from the disappointment of having yet another cruise cancelled, which hopefully will not happen.

• Like 2

My FCCs run out 12/31/21 apparently:

"You have until December 31, 2021 to redeem your FCC and we have amended the terms to enable you to use it against any voyage on sale at the time you make your booking."

So will wait a while. Can't see the logic of booking during peek COVID, lock downs, and travel bans. Would like to have a better idea just what I would be getting into.  Post COVID cruising may or may not resemble the current model. I certainly don't see the ships dedensifying the passengers for very long and still being able to fully staff venues and make a profit. The current booking system seems to assume pre and post COVID cruising will be roughly the same.

• Like 1

I have FCCs with 125% on which I will save for a 2022 trip (or two).  The one I used was from May this year which only has 100% of what i paid so I will not be out of pocket if it's cancelled.

Although the UK and US seems to be doing not too badly at getting the vaccine out, other countries are far behind so the choices of where to go could be limited.

44 minutes ago, Lanky Lad said:

I have FCCs with 125% on which I will save for a 2022 trip (or two).  The one I used was from May this year which only has 100% of what i paid so I will not be out of pocket if it's cancelled.

Although the UK and US seems to be doing not too badly at getting the vaccine out, other countries are far behind so the choices of where to go could be limited.

To enter the US now, the new rules are a covid test before arrival, and a quarantine after (similar rules to Canada's);  who knows how long those requirements will last.  We have a QM2 crossing booked for July, and although I would accept having to have a covid test before leaving Canada, and even another one before boarding the ship, I don't like the idea of having to quarantine in NY.  I hope that having a covid "passport" will be enough by then.

Canada is being slow with the vaccine, but plans for BC were announced yesterday, and it sounds like all the seniors, anyway, will have their vaccinations before the summer.  I know the tourist industry is desperate for all those cruise ships to visit!