Tipping Perfect Day Cabana Attenant

3 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Maybe you need to read my post again and comprehend it. This does NOT create more work for them. I don't care what their SOP is. If I feel I don't need their services then I won't have them in the room. Got it???

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I don't care ..... just saying what is the fact are. have a supervisor come and chec up on you and have to write a report up for the HD ...... 

3 hours ago, Hogbay said:

I don't care ..... just saying what is the fact are. have a supervisor come and chec up on you and have to write a report up for the HD ...... 

If you read my comment you would know I was referring to the cabin attendant that has less work to do since that's who I was referring to. I really don't understand why you are having a hard time comprehending that. If you don’t see it I don't know how else I can make it easier to understand. I won't try to explain it again. Have a nice day. 🍻

• Like 1

On 1/5/2021 at 8:49 AM, Joseph2017China said:

Remember all tipping threads are an opportunity to brag on how much to tip.....So I'll throw out the opposite....if tips are included, I will not tip extra......

I am going to one up you and say that I will remove any auto-added gratuities, as well as forego the “recommended” tipping by the cruise line, and tip as I feel appropriate, if at all. 😜

• 1 year later...
On 1/5/2021 at 4:44 AM, Hogbay said:

cabana to cabin ??? You cannot un USE the cabin attendant , the deck supervisor and even HD do random inspection's .You are making problems for them unless you are on a honeymoon . Whom would not want a cleaned room ? With chania virius you may not have a choice and room must be cleaned twice a day :classic_rolleyes:

When we first meet our cabin steward, we tell them that we’ll never want morning cabin service.  I also say I’ll put a l note and the do not disturb sign on the door every night before I go to bed as a reminder.  (If you just put up

the do not disturb sign, they have to keep checking your door to see if you’ve removed the do not disturb sign.  My note let’s them know they can cross our cabin off their list every morning.)

Every cabin steward has been happy to accommodate this.  They especially appreciate it on turn around day when we’re doing a B2B.

On 1/4/2021 at 2:26 PM, bonniew88 said:

We'll be a group of six in a cabana on Perfect Day.  We have the beverage packages with gratuities included.  At the end of the day, what is an appropriate gratuity to give to our cabana attendant?

When we signed up for the cabana they added 18% for gratuity. We don’t cruise until March, but we thought this was for the attendant. It added like $200 to the already pretty high price for the cabana.

5 hours ago, D4 said:

When we first meet our cabin steward, we tell them that we’ll never want morning cabin service.  I also say I’ll put a l note and the do not disturb sign on the door every night before I go to bed as a reminder.  (If you just put up

the do not disturb sign, they have to keep checking your door to see if you’ve removed the do not disturb sign.  My note let’s them know they can cross our cabin off their list every morning.)

Every cabin steward has been happy to accommodate this.  They especially appreciate it on turn around day when we’re doing a B2B.

That's fantastic as if everyone knows what your requirements are not just cabin steward but deck supervisor. A do not disturb sign can be removed at any time a notification that service is not required might mean someone can finish work a bit early,not having to wait around to there end of shift . This thred is years old .

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, tserface said:

When we signed up for the cabana they added 18% for gratuity. We don’t cruise until March, but we thought this was for the attendant. It added like $200 to the already pretty high price for the cabana.

It is for the attendant.  I was going to get the perfect day pass which was $178 per person but in cart it was over $200.  When I called RCCL they verified it was gratuities for staff.  We decided to go for free to the steerage class chairs in Coco Cay and tip accordingly if needed at all.  Coco Cay is already outrageously priced.  I dont think a lobster sandwich plus hummus and an infinity pool works for me at those prices plus tips.  I've done day passes all over much cheaper with gym and massages plus water sports included.  So personally Id wait to see if service was what you wanted or got then do 10% of price without gratuities included (but don't take gratuities off)  If you only see them 1x, let them have their 18% and call it a day.

Edited by jean87510
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jean87510 said:

It is for the attendant.  I was going to get the perfect day pass which was $178 per person but in cart it was over $200.  When I called RCCL they verified it was gratuities for staff.  We decided to go for free to the steerage class chairs in Coco Cay and tip accordingly if needed at all.  Coco Cay is already outrageously priced.  I dont think a lobster sandwich plus hummus and an infinity pool works for me at those prices plus tips.  I've done day passes all over much cheaper with gym and massages plus water sports included.  So personally Id wait to see if service was what you wanted or got then do 10% of price without gratuities included (but don't take gratuities off)  If you only see them 1x, let them have their 18% and call it a day.

Of course that would mean we’d be paying 28% gratuity and that seem very high to me.  The cabana is already $1200, gratuity is over $200, so another $120 as you’re suggesting seems over the top.  I may tip the attendant more for helping, but $320 seems like a lot for restocking water or or getting us towels if we need them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tserface said:

Of course that would mean we’d be paying 28% gratuity and that seem very high to me.  The cabana is already $1200, gratuity is over $200, so another $120 as you’re suggesting seems over the top.  I may tip the attendant more for helping, but $320 seems like a lot for restocking water or or getting us towels if we need them.

agreed