Tipping Perfect Day Cabana Attenant

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

So disappointed that folks rather post whore in a food thread than a tipping thread.

Biker, who just doesn't get the appeal of that thread.

I'm going to post whore now by saying I can't believe how that thread keeps going on and on.  Celebrity has a dress code thread running that I posted on.  Times are tough on the CC. Let the games begin.

5 hours ago, bonniew88 said:

We'll be a group of six in a cabana on Perfect Day.  We have the beverage packages with gratuities included.  At the end of the day, what is an appropriate gratuity to give to our cabana attendant?

I would say 10% of the cost of the Cabana.

• Like 2

My data point would be from renting two Columbus Cove Cabanas in Labadee  couple years ago.     There were 10 of us and we wanted to spread out so we got two cabanas.     It worked out perfect.    How much to tip the cabin attendant is going to be totally dependent on how much you use them.     They can be there a lot for you or not there much because you don't want to be bothered.   

For us, we made sure our attendant knew we'd want him there for drinks and making sure we had the loungers and peace and quiet we wanted.    There is a public area that abuts Columbus Cove.    There was a lot of traffic trying to set up on the private cabana part of the beach, which is roped off.     We felt like we aid for a less dense area.  We wouldn't have minded a few folks overlapping but if everyone that wanted in the area got in, it would have been very crowded.   So, in the end our attendant did a very nice job taking care of us.   Always there when we wanted drinks refreshed, clearing food plates, finding a couple extra loungers, and keeping the area quiet.   I each couple threw at least a $20 each into a tip pile, a few tipped more.  SO the tip was ~$120 for the day.   Paid $420 for 2 cabanas that day, so it  worked out to a little over 25%.  Now  the folks in our gang are classic over tippers, so consider that too.

cabana 1.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The 100 page downgraded food thread where apparently it is sport to engage in discussions with a delusional poster.

I think a lot of people are putting her on ignore and making it our own thread. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We prefer not to have the cabin attendant come in twice a day and there are some days we don’t have him come in at all. We do have him get us ice everyday. We still do auto grats and tip extra at the end. 

If you don’t use the cabin attendant all the time do you still tip? 

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

We prefer not to have the cabin attendant come in twice a day and there are some days we don’t have him come in at all. We do have him get us ice everyday. We still do auto grats and tip extra at the end. 

A bit confused....I thought this was about tipping a cabana "attenant"....:classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zdad59 said:

My data point would be from renting two Columbus Cove Cabanas in Labadee  couple years ago.     There were 10 of us and we wanted to spread out so we got two cabanas.     It worked out perfect.    How much to tip the cabin attendant is going to be totally dependent on how much you use them.     They can be there a lot for you or not there much because you don't want to be bothered.   

For us, we made sure our attendant knew we'd want him there for drinks and making sure we had the loungers and peace and quiet we wanted.    There is a public area that abuts Columbus Cove.    There was a lot of traffic trying to set up on the private cabana part of the beach, which is roped off.     We felt like we aid for a less dense area.  We wouldn't have minded a few folks overlapping but if everyone that wanted in the area got in, it would have been very crowded.   So, in the end our attendant did a very nice job taking care of us.   Always there when we wanted drinks refreshed, clearing food plates, finding a couple extra loungers, and keeping the area quiet.   I each couple threw at least a $20 each into a tip pile, a few tipped more.  SO the tip was ~$120 for the day.   Paid $420 for 2 cabanas that day, so it  worked out to a little over 25%.  Now  the folks in our gang are classic over tippers, so consider that too.

cabana 1.jpg

Hmmm...Expecting your cabana attendant to assure you have peace and quiet and monitor the traffic....interesting request....from the looks of it he did a good job for approx $12.00pp.

27 minutes ago, Ashland said:

A bit confused....I thought this was about tipping a cabana "attenant"....:classic_unsure::classic_wink:

I figured since the question seemed to be answered that we could continue with the tipping thread. You know, for old times sake. 🤣. There doesn’t seem like there’s much else going on and we need to keep CC alive. I didn’t mean for it to be a thread where people got pissy with each other. Besides, with no cruising there really is very little to talk about regarding tipping so I doubt it would go very far anyway. 🥂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

cabana to cabin ??? You cannot un USE the cabin attendant , the deck supervisor and even HD do random inspection's .You are making problems for them unless you are on a honeymoon . Whom would not want a cleaned room ? With chania virius you may not have a choice and room must be cleaned twice a day :classic_rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Hogbay said:

cabana to cabin ??? You cannot un USE the cabin attendant , the deck supervisor and even HD do random inspection's .You are making problems for them unless you are on a honeymoon . Whom would not want a cleaned room ? With chania virius you may not have a choice and room must be cleaned twice a day :classic_rolleyes:

This is about the most ridiculous statement that I have ever read. You can keep the do not disturb sign on the door all week and never see the attendant if you so choose. Some people do not want turn down service. The room gets cleaned and made up in the morning not at night.   

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Hmmm...Expecting your cabana attendant to assure you have peace and quiet and monitor the traffic....interesting request....from the looks of it he did a good job for approx $12.00pp.

At Columbus Cove, monitoring the border between the public beach and the Cabana area is part of the job description, not a request. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hogbay said:

Sorry, but incorrect. On a 7 day itinerary the cabin attendant will be in our room, on average, maybe twice. DW and I have no need for them daily (or twice daily) doesn’t seem to cause any problems.