Dress to Impress and fancy dress/Theme nights

ann141

On a lighter note it would be good to see some of those Radley shoes, sparkly handbags and perhaps for the gentleman some fancy bow ties and jackets as well as some more embarrasing outfits.My hubby has a collection of unusual bow ties and outrageous tropical shirts!

Masquerade Ball on QM2 (A more effective way of hiding wrinkles than expensive face cream!)

Tropical night on Azura

P1000954.JPG

DSC03328.JPG

• Like 13

5 hours ago, ann141 said:

On a lighter note it would be good to see some of those Radley shoes, sparkly handbags and perhaps for the gentleman some fancy bow ties and jackets as well as some more embarrasing outfits.My hubby has a collection of unusual bow ties and outrageous tropical shirts!

Masquerade Ball on QM2 (A more effective way of hiding wrinkles than expensive face cream!)

Tropical night on Azura

P1000954.JPG

DSC03328.JPG

5 hours ago, ann141 said:

Tropical night on Azura

P1000954.JPG

DSC03328.JPG

Yes Ann, let's lighten up and refresh some lovely memories.

I took my grandaughter on her first cruise when she was 7 - on Azura which we love. On Tropical Night some of the passengers put their garlands around her neck as they were rushing from the restaurant to catch the early show. She ended up in double figures with those garlands and insisted on bringing them all home! I must try and find a photo to upload.

You both look fab by the way - oh to be on Azura again

Best wishes.

Jane

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Beckett said:

Yes Ann, let's lighten up and refresh some lovely memories.

I took my grandaughter on her first cruise when she was 7 - on Azura which we love. On Tropical Night some of the passengers put their garlands around her neck as they were rushing from the restaurant to catch the early show. She ended up in double figures with those garlands and insisted on bringing them all home! I must try and find a photo to upload.

You both look fab by the way - oh to be on Azura again

Best wishes.

Jane

IMG_20160510_173423.jpg

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Lovely photos.Which ship were you on?

It was Oceana, she was pulled from the Middle east 2019 because of the troubles in the gulf, some astounding deals,  35 nights to Caribbean and Panama canal, £1300 for an inside with 120pp OBC. Would have cost us that to stay at home. It was pretty much the same cruise and ship we did in 2017 when we retired at double the price and tips to pay.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

It was Oceana, she was pulled from the Middle east 2019 because of the troubles in the gulf, some astounding deals,  35 nights to Caribbean and Panama canal, £1300 for an inside with 120pp OBC. Would have cost us that to stay at home. It was pretty much the same cruise and ship we did in 2017 when we retired at double the price and tips to pay.

We got a similar good deal on Oceana at that time for last January but unfortunately had to cancel due to last minute health problems.We should be on Ventura now on a 35 night cruise to The Caribbean and US.Hopefully next year!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We got a similar good deal on Oceana at that time for last January but unfortunately had to cancel due to last minute health problems.We should be on Ventura now on a 35 night cruise to The Caribbean and US.Hopefully next year!

We did Caribbean and US early 2019 on Ventura, fab cruise great itinerary and are booked for 35 night Caribbean in Jan 2022. What a way to get away from our winter.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We did Caribbean and US early 2019 on Ventura, fab cruise great itinerary and are booked for 35 night Caribbean in Jan 2022. What a way to get away from our winter.

Thats what I am missing most now- the chance to escape the winter gloom.We did the 28 night Caribbean in Jan 2019 and may book the 35 night one on Ventura in Feb 2022 but will wait until nearer the time.The joys of retirement!

• Like 5

When someone is wearing the same dress.... (P and O trip in St Lucia) Dress £10 from Tesco!!

Personally it doesn't bother me too much if someone has the same dress as me - maybe because I am a twin and used to wearing similar clothes as my sister as a child? The only time I felt awkward was when a woman in front of me in a queue in an M and S cafe looked horrified because she was wearing the same bright green coat as me.The queue moved very slowly and I wished that the coat had been a more muted colour and not so standout!

Second photo is of a 'Pirates of the Caribbean' trip in St Vincent

DSC09614.JPG

DSC09406.JPG

Edited by ann141
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

It's lovely to see everyone's glamorous photos and be able to put names to faces. Here's a photo of me and my hubby Phil on Azura five years ago in one of those awkward poses the photographers ask you to do. Since the first lockdown I have now gone 'Au natural" and have short grey hair and wider hips 🤣🤣 but you get the gist.

28BAB96C-45FF-4740-A6EF-D1CC15703557.jpeg

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

It's lovely to see everyone's glamorous photos and be able to put names to faces. Here's a photo of me and my hubby Phil on Azura five years ago in one of those awkward poses the photographers ask you to do. Since the first lockdown I have now gone 'Au natural" and have short grey hair and wider hips 🤣🤣 but you get the gist.

28BAB96C-45FF-4740-A6EF-D1CC15703557.jpeg

Nice photo.

5 minutes ago, ann141 said:

When we first thought about trying a cruise the one thing that put us off was having to dress up.Now I look forward to the Formal nights just to see peoples outfits!

I agree Ann, we are fairly new to cruising having only been on two cruises but loved both of them and would like to go on many more in the future. I was unsure about the formal nights before our first cruise but thoroughly enjoyed them and when we get the chance to cruise again will definitely want to increase the glitzy wardrobe 😀

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

What about these for snazzy shoes?

image.thumb.png.e3e879e24dacd0c36cb70c210835a114.png

Great shoes! Although my hubby has got some snazzy bow ties he refuses to wear anything other than his standard black shoes  in the evening

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Great shoes! Although my hubby has got some snazzy bow ties he refuses to wear anything other than his standard black shoes  in the evening

I used be the same many years ago, I remember saying to the gaffer that she would never get me dressed like a penguin, how things change.

• Like 2