Beverage Refreshment Package Sale

On 1/15/2021 at 12:02 PM, LB_NJ said:

Extremely good price on the full drink package of $40 per person.  Except that together we do not drink enough to justify us both getting the full package and they would not let us do one deluxe and one refreshment.

On 1/15/2021 at 4:53 PM, Tree_skier said:

I have done this on every Royal cruise I have been on.  You can't do it online but if you call they will gladly give it to you. Only one time was I even asked why.  

Mine worked ordering online, but I purchased it in separate transactions. Maybe it’s a glitch on my reservation? 

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 3:42 PM, ASolosailer said:

Thank you for the info. I usually sail of Princess or Royal. I want to try Holland. If you can give me any hints on finding lower single fares, I would appreciate it. 🙂

Celebrity Edge and Apex have solo cabins in both inside as well as balcony.  The newer builds on NCL also have solo cabins, but they are inside.

1 hour ago, DISFANS3 said:

Before we buy any package, going to make sure ship will sail??

The one positive to making cruise planner purchases ahead of time is the 125% CPC that you would receive.  Our end of August Oasis cruise is on life support, IMHO, and we have 1248 in purchases that would increase by 312 to 1560.

2 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

The one positive to making cruise planner purchases ahead of time is the 125% CPC that you would receive.  Our end of August Oasis cruise is on life support, IMHO, and we have 1248 in purchases that would increase by 312 to 1560.

The only problem with CPC is that if the line goes under you have to take a complete loss on the purchase.

52 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

The only problem with CPC is that if the line goes under you have to take a complete loss on the purchase.

And I will have 5  months of the new administration and CDC clowns in place to make an informed decision to either take the FCC/CPC or a refund when I get to the fork in the road.

5 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

And I will have 5  months of the new administration and CDC clowns in place to make an informed decision to either take the FCC/CPC or a refund when I get to the fork in the road.

It is the cruise lines that are not sailing.  The CDC does not cover sailing out of non-US ports.

My point is the instant a cruise line files for bankruptcy protection any FCC or CPC probably becomes worthless unless you have a travel insurance policy that covers it.  There is nothing you can do at that point except perhaps file a claim in bankruptcy court. 

If it is a reorganization and not a full liquidation there is chance that the cruise line might give you something for your trouble (generally if the other creditors agree) but no guarantee.

29 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

It is the cruise lines that are not sailing.  The CDC does not cover sailing out of non-US ports.

My point is the instant a cruise line files for bankruptcy protection any FCC or CPC probably becomes worthless unless you have a travel insurance policy that covers it.  There is nothing you can do at that point except perhaps file a claim in bankruptcy court. 

If it is a reorganization and not a full liquidation there is chance that the cruise line might give you something for your trouble (generally if the other creditors agree) but no guarantee.

And what makes you think they wouldnt just issue another million dollars of stock or bonds as they did in the past year? Dont book if you are this worried. 

Usually when a stock is going to declare bankruptcy the stock price is signalling this. The stock price has recovered some from the lows indicating bankruptcy is not imminent.  Also, you could watch insider selling on various sites. It doesnt just come out of the blue that I have seen.

Edited by firefly333

2 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

Fully aware of the geographic boundaries of the CDC.  My gut is telling me that at this point, Royal and Carnival will not be going bankrupt.  Five months from now when my final payment is due if we are still in the same position, then I will make the decision to either take the FCC/CPC or a full refund.  Conservatively, I think we'll be sailing towards the end of the year with 7 day cruises.