Beverage Refreshment Package Sale

Just bought the refreshment package for $20 (+18% gratuity) for Dec 11 sailing.

I think the sale may only be for cruises this year.  At least that was the little note in fine print at the end of the email.

Extremely good price on the full drink package of $40 per person.  Except that together we do not drink enough to justify us both getting the full package and they would not let us do one deluxe and one refreshment.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ASolosailer said:

Which ship and which sailing. I just check my Allure said date and it is still 30.00

neither of my 2022 sailings have the lower price either (Harmony and Symphony).  I always check when I see sales are going on, but right now the 'deals' are only for the 2021 sailings. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Refreshment pkg 20 for dec 12.

Yeah I saw that today.  I get DBP but DW gets the RP...  I haven't booked it yet.  With things so up in the air still I'm a little more hesitant to book things like excursions and drink packages.  Really I shouldn't be hesitant because once indications of a resumption of cruising is clear I think all prices might start creeping up and the sales will be less significant.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LB_NJ said:

they would not let us do one deluxe and one refreshment.

I have done this on every Royal cruise I have been on.  You can't do it online but if you call they will gladly give it to you. Only one time was I even asked why.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah I saw that today.  I get DBP but DW gets the RP...  I haven't booked it yet.  With things so up in the air still I'm a little more hesitant to book things like excursions and drink packages.  Really I shouldn't be hesitant because once indications of a resumption of cruising is clear I think all prices might start creeping up and the sales will be less significant.  

Maybe watch israel. 20% of their population has been vaccinated and the group 2 weeks past their 2nd shot is 33% less likely to get covid. ..though I would have hoped even higher. Israel is ahead of other countries. 

You can get a full refund if you buy it and it doesnt go. I think this is about bottom.

Giovanni s is $34.xx though you probably get buy one get one free. That's all I saw new i didnt see black friday for us.

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe watch israel. 20% of their population has been vaccinated and the group 2 weeks past their 2nd shot is 33% less likely to get covid. ..though I would have hoped even higher. Israel is ahead of other countries. 

You can get a full refund if you buy it and it doesnt go. I think this is about bottom.

Giovanni s is $34.xx though you probably get buy one get one free. That's all I saw new i didnt see black friday for us.

Yeah I should probably start nailing down the good prices.  I doubt my Alaska at the end of August is going to happen.  Might as well start planning for this one.

15 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Yeah I should probably start nailing down the good prices.  I doubt my Alaska at the end of August is going to happen.  Might as well start planning for this one.

Port pass has actually gone up a few bucks. It was 42 or 43, now it 45.99. First come first served on lounge chairs. 3 drinks, margarita, pina colas and another and water and soda, and can wander around but if you sit out on those lounge chairs you might want to save for each other, idk if we still will have to stick with rcl. 

20210115_191412517.jpeg

16 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Port pass has actually gone up a few bucks. It was 42 or 43, now it 45.99. First come first served on lounge chairs. 3 drinks, margarita, pina colas and another and water and soda, and can wander around but if you sit out on those lounge chairs you might want to save for each other, idk if we still will have to stick with rcl. 

20210115_191412517.jpeg

That looks like a pretty good deal.  I usually head over to Lost Mayan Kingdom for Zip-lining and waterslides.  If we are still restricted to Royal excursions I wonder if upon returning from our excursion we would be permitted to wander the port area shopping.  That is where I get my discounted meds.  

3 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

That looks like a pretty good deal.  I usually head over to Lost Mayan Kingdom for Zip-lining and waterslides.  If we are still restricted to Royal excursions I wonder if upon returning from our excursion we would be permitted to wander the port area shopping.  That is where I get my discounted meds.  

Idk I always get my sleep drugs in Belize and this one doesnt go there. I've only found them in Belize the ones I like.

Port pass, sounds like you can wander around the port to me. Who knows next xmas.

19 minutes ago, LB_NJ said:

I did call, the rep said no.

Call until you get a rep that knows policy....what you want is absolutely allowed with a phone call. It's too bad that this option isn't available online.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2021 at 3:57 PM, firefly333 said:

Idk there is a good way of finding good solo rates, but 6 of my 8 rcl bookings are at less than 200%, the last 2 are at double. My hump balcony coming up april 25th is my best balcony price, I think 884 including taxes and fees, I hate to lose it but already have a b2b march to april 2022 so cant lift and shift it without cancelling my corner aft. 

I went thru several last night and agree the deals right now not great. For instance sept 19 2022 alaska out of seattle 903 inside before taxes, the price pp is 619, so it's obviously less than 200%. I got 5 or 6 more I wrote down, 4 and 5 days, but I'm kinda booked up and cant book more without cancelling something.  

I also watch prices pretty closely. 

Sorry, I know this completely side tracking this thread, but how is your Father doing? 

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

20210115_191412517.jpeg

Our last cruise there jan 2020 had 3 ships at port and we had no trouble with getting lounge chair.   Imo your better off just buying your own food and drink than you paying for port pass.  

If you buy their drink at something like $10 per margarita you get free lounge chair.  

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I hear ya.  I have an alaska sailing booked for end of June and I was confident we would all be sailing when i booked last year, now i really doubt that one will happen.  And it was an awesome deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sorry, I know this completely side tracking this thread, but how is your Father doing? 

So so, good days and bad. A good day he gets out of bed and eats something and watches some sports, but he is so frail. We ask ourselves what we will do if he gets to where he cant get out of bed at all by himself. He was having a bad day last monday for the scheduled covid vaccine. It probably would have been too much for him on a good day.

I have seen some great prices on meds I just wasn't sure if I trusted them.

I have used them for several years.  I have never had a problem. I'm not a dr. or healthcare professional so I make no recommendations. I now have healthcare through Kaiser Permanente and it includes drug coverage but old habits die hard. Previously, I didn't have health insurance so I was on my own for drugs and DW had a few drugs that she would use, two regularly and another prescribed from time to time that were quite expensive.  As well as Costa Maya, I had a pharmacy in Ensenada that I would drive to whenever I was working in San Diego County and had a free day. I'm sure some of our resident dr's here on CC might think I was nuts but it worked for us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our last cruise there jan 2020 had 3 ships at port and we had no trouble with getting lounge chair.   Imo your better off just buying your own food and drink than you paying for port pass.  

If you buy their drink at something like $10 per margarita you get free lounge chair.  

You are assuming by dec we can get off the ship without buying a rcl excursion.

Of course it's cheaper to walk off for free ... if its allowed in 2021...though tbh I was more interested in the tours of the tequila and feeding the birds than sitting in a lounge chair.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

So so, good days and bad. A good day he gets out of bed and eats something and watches some sports, but he is so frail. We ask ourselves what we will do if he gets to where he cant get out of bed at all by himself. He was having a bad day last monday for the scheduled covid vaccine. It probably would have been too much for him on a good day.

It is difficult to see parents get frail like that.  I know you are doing everything you can to help.  Hang in there.

• Thanks 1