New to Regent

BNguy

Ah, thank you, @mj_holiday.  This sounds quite similar to the policy on Norwegian Cruise Line (which makes sense, since NCL and Regent share a parent company).  We went on a transatlantic on Norwegian in 2019  (yes, transatlantics are addictive) and they had the distilled water in recycled water containers in the cabins.  It was not bad (we got used to the taste readily enough), but it will never be our favorite water, either.  It certainly suited for taking medication at the start and end of the day, and if we needed a sip in the middle of the night, which is all we really needed it for.  OTOH, my DH really likes a few sparkling waters out of Italy and Germany.  We purchase them easily here in NY.  With any luck, I can let Regent know a couple of months ahead of time, and they can stock them for us.  My main vice is Diet Coke (not Coke Zero, darn it -- I am a child of the 80s).  That should be easy enough.

Hint on finding wines you like onboard is to go to the "Wines of the World" tasting the first sea day. It is usually about 10 in the morning (!) but is a good opportunity to taste some of what is always available and to talk to the sommeliers. As mentioned above, once they know your taste preferences, they can suggest (bring you) something you might like.

My travel buddy prefers rose, but dry in the French style. She tried all the ones in the lounges and couldn't quite find one she liked. She mentioned it to the sommelier in Sette Mari at the end of dinner  one evening, and by the time we returned to our cabin he had sent her a bottle to try. It was just right!

21 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

Regent ships normally have San Pellegrino available

San Pellegrino is one of the ones my husband likes (I like the non-sparkling sister brand, but I also like Fiji and Evian and pretty much all brands of spring water -- I am not fussy).  He loves Apollinaris, a German sparkling water, but that may be harder to find outside of NYC and Germany (although it is owned by Coca-Cola, so who knows?), and he can live without it for ten days.  He'll be fine.  

We are really cheap dates.  Give us a nice (nothing too recherché) meal, make it relatively easy to book excursions, give us lectures to attend and afternoon tea, and give us a comfortable bed at the end of the day, and we're happy as clams.

12 hours ago, ysolde said:

We are really cheap dates.  Give us a nice (nothing too recherché) meal, make it relatively easy to book excursions, give us lectures to attend and afternoon tea, and give us a comfortable bed at the end of the day, and we're happy as clams.

Prepare to be very happy clams (or any other mollusc).😎

• Like 1

I just did a price comparison for a Panama Canal cruise between a Celebrity Millennium S1 suite and a Regent Splendor Deluxe Veranda suite on the Celebrity board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2767547-will-prices-ever-come-down/?do=findComment&comment=60691215

Regent was actually cheaper with much more included! The Celebrity Millennium cruise for the S1 is priced at this moment at $619pp/pd.  The Regent Splendor is priced at $568pp/pd.

So I booked the Regent cruise today!  It looked like a no brainer to me. I selected the Deluxe Veranda because it was the only way I could get an aft facing cabin without booking a Master Suite. It will be a great view through the Canal.

• Like 2

On 1/10/2021 at 5:42 PM, BNguy said:

1.  Is there a list of the spirits you can order for your room or do you just put down what you want and if they have it, it appears?

Here's the bar menu my Regent Rep sent me.

He Also sent the Prime7, Chartreuse and Pacific Rim sample menus attached below in case you're interested.

Bar Menu 08.15.19.pdf EXP Chartreuse Example Menu Dinner.pdf EXP Pacific Rim Example Dinner Menu.pdf Prime7Menu.pdf

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Thanks to @ChucktownSteve whose comment I read on the Celebrity forum I am now contemplating splashing a rather lot of cash on a retirement cruise for my wife. Tahiti to Auckland then visiting our friends in NZ January 2022 is sounding good! 

You're welcome.  I put my money where my mouth is.  I had booked two Regent cruises; One Mariner Concierge and one Splendor Deluxe Veranda. However after doing further analyzing, I've decided to upgrade them both to Penthouse suites because some had suggested the Penthouse was worth the additional cost.  I now concur especially with the two category upgrade promotion.  My TA will be taking care of those Monday morning! 😁

My DW doesn't know. We've never sailed a suite before so I want to surprise her. You should have seen her expression on our first cruise together in the late 80's.  They had dumped our suitcases just inside the interior cabin and she thought, before this 10 day cruise is over we'll kill each other.  Fortunately I knew how to stow the baggage. lol  We're still married.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I had booked two Regent cruises; One Mariner Concierge and one Splendor Deluxe Veranda. However after doing further analyzing, I've decided to upgrade them both to Penthouse suites because some had suggested the Penthouse was worth the additional cost. 

IMO, a good choice to go for a Penthouse on Mariner; excellent value with the two category upgrade promotion.

The Penthouses on Mariner are much larger and better configured than the basic suites. Unless you have a need for a bath then try to secure a suite marked "shower only"; most find these preferable to those suites with the tub/shower combo

Mariner is one of our favourite ships, with excellent public areas (lounges, bars, restaurants, theatre & pool deck).

Hope you enjoy your cruises & if you are new to Regent don't forget the Ambassador Credit available if you get an existing Regent customer to provide a referral.

21 hours ago, hawkesbaynz said:

Thanks to @ChucktownSteve whose comment I read on the Celebrity forum I am now contemplating splashing a rather lot of cash on a retirement cruise for my wife. Tahiti to Auckland then visiting our friends in NZ January 2022 is sounding good! 

I've switched over to regent from celebrity.  We always stayed in a suite on X and enjoyed the perks onboard and luminae.  But the rest of Celebrity was kind of a let down especially the customer service and same itineraries over and over.  With the upgrade program it made it nice to book a PH at a D price and saved over 10k on our auckland to Bali cruise and was a great incentive to book two others

On 1/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, Grandmaanne7 said:

Am I correct in assuming that one does not receive a Seven Seas Society number until after one has cruised?

We now have three Regent cruises booked but have not sailed Regent yet.  However the second and third booking statements have Seven Seas Society numbers for us both. The first cruise booked, but will actually be the third sailing, has "First Time Guest."

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

We now have three Regent cruises booked but have not sailed Regent yet.  However the second and third booking statements have Seven Seas Society numbers for us both. The first cruise booked, but will actually be the third sailing, has "First Time Guest."

Are you getting the Discount" on the 2 cruises with Society numbers ?

I'm not booking online.  I call my Regent rep. I get good info and recommendations from him.  Then I transfer the bookings to my regular TA who gives us nice cash rebates.

They both get credit for the booking. He for taking the deposit and she for the commission on the sailing.  He really appreciates my support during these lean times.  -)

Edited by ChucktownSteve

24 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Not yet but once we've sailed, we'll ask for it to be applied to the subsequent sailings.

Has your Regent contact(or TA) told you approximately how much (or %) discount is for the Society members?

THANKS

1 hour ago, docmark said:

Has your Regent contact(or TA) told you approximately how much (or %) discount is for the Society members?

THANKS

No because I didn't ask that.  I didn't book the cruises for the discount since I felt the fare was a value to me considering what I've booked.  I know my TA is giving me about $1,500 cash back per cruise, my credit card is giving me 3% cash back and Regent is giving me top notch cruises.  Anything else I get will be gravy.  

All I know is I'm looking forward to the 43 booked days on board Regent through Jan '23.

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

---"No because I didn't ask that.  I didn't book the cruises for the discount since I felt the fare was a value to me considering what I've booked."

I have also booked 3 cruises with Regent, through 2022. However, a  relative who is booked on the first cruise with us, is reluctant to book more due to cost. I am trying to encourage him to do so, and may help if  I could find out approximate "society " discount.  Hopefully some of Regent "veterans' will chime in  .

2 hours ago, docmark said:

17 minutes ago, docmark said:

I am trying to encourage him to do so, and may help if  I could find out approximate "society " discount.

Seven Seas Society savings are only available on the specific voyages identified on the Regent website. These modest discounts are only available to SSS members i.e. for bookings made after completion of a guest's first Regent voyage. 

• Like 2

Our first Regent booking for October 2021 was cancelled by Regent, and we accepted the FCC in lieu of a refund.  This was back when they were offering Seven Seas Society credit if you took the FCC.  So we now have SSS numbers and credit for 10 nights even though (obviously) we have still not sailed with them.  We also got the "Seven Seas Society Savings" discount on a 2022 booking we made after the 2021 booking was cancelled.