Carnival shareholder Credit needs to be approved by the board of directors for cruses after July 31st

TequilaJane

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Thank you for submitting your shareholder brokerage statement. The shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through July 31, 2021. In order to apply your onboard credit on your reservation444444 , you will need to submit a current statement after February 28, 2021 and for reservation 444444, a current statement after February 28, 2022 when the new shareholder benefits are released.

Please fax, mail or email the shareholder statement and be sure to blacken out your account number.

Email: Shareholders@carnival.com

If you chose to email, you do so at your own risk and with the knowledge that email is inherently an insecure method of communication.

Fax to: 305-406-6102

Carnival Cruise Lines
Attn: Guest Administration MSM2-200
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Best regards,

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

Dear Deborah,

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit. 

Credit in the amount of $100.00 per reservation XXXXX and XXXXX has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account. 

Please note this will not appear on your cruise manager however it will reflect on your revised guest confirmation listed under the Itemized Charges as On Board Credits.

We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us.

Best Regards,

Mauricio
Carnival Cruise Line
3655 NW 87 Avenue
Miami, FL 33178

I applied at the beginning of the month for my July 3rd, 2021 cruise. That is the only one I listed on my statement. When I got my email back, they informed my that they also applied the OBC to my March 2022 cruise. I did not even request that, or provide my booking number, because I knew I had to wait until after July 31st. I did check and the OBC is on my cruise for this year and next year.

It is bizarre that they are not even being consistent with that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, highcorral25 said:

I have a 6 Night in November 2021, and a 7 Night in Feb 2022.  I own CCL stock (200 shares).  Will I get the $50 OBC for each of these cruises?

Your 6 night should get you $50 and your 7 night should get you $100.  For future reference,  a 14 night is worth $250.

1 hour ago, ChC said:

Since CCL sold more shares last year, it is possible and reasonable that the required number of shares holding would raise from 100 to 250. Pure personal speculation.

But it is more likely that they will just do what they do every year and routinely pass the stockholder's OBC as it is.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

It would surprise me at all if it wasn’t renewed this year based on the current environment. 

I think it already has been, unchanged. The Annual Report should be published in the next few weeks.

On 1/29/2021 at 6:24 AM, ChC said:

Since CCL sold more shares last year, it is possible and reasonable that the required number of shares holding would raise from 100 to 250. Pure personal speculation.

Do you have any further word on this stock #. I'm holding 160 would like to stay with that  but 90 more

is still affordable.  Your thoughts 

1 hour ago, J&DMCG said:

Do you have any further word on this stock #. I'm holding 160 would like to stay with that  but 90 more

is still affordable.  Your thoughts 

My thoughts are sell the 60 until they reinstate the dividend in a few years. Most Carnival stock is held by institutions that don't get the benefit anyway

26 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

My thoughts are sell the 60 until they reinstate the dividend in a few years. Most Carnival stock is held by institutions that don't get the benefit anyway

26 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

I understand your thinking but I bough at single digits in March and there hovering around the $20's

If it gos back to its pre COVID value it will pay my next up=grade 🙂

2 minutes ago, J&DMCG said:

I understand your thinking but I bough at single digits in March and there hovering around the $20's

If it gos back to its pre COVID value it will pay my next up=grade 🙂

Then I would hold. If it goes to 0 you haven't lost much. It will be years before it could go to pre-Covid days with all the debt they have taken on. OTOH, someone could pull a Gamestop on them.

27 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

Then I would hold. If it goes to 0 you haven't lost much. It will be years before it could go to pre-Covid days with all the debt they have taken on. OTOH, someone could pull a Gamestop on them.

I just posted something on my facebook about Warren Buffets ownership of the rail line that carries oil from Canada to the US. With the pipeline stopped that stock will go back up---wonder if  anyone shorted that.  I should "HUNT.  ' that down 

On 1/29/2021 at 11:49 AM, BlerkOne said:

I think it already has been, unchanged. The Annual Report should be published in the next few weeks.

I think it is approved by the board at the shareholder's meeting, which is later than the annual report filing. Probably late April or May.

18 hours ago, Denverdonkeys said:

I think it is approved by the board at the shareholder's meeting, which is later than the annual report filing. Probably late April or May.

I believe they generally meet in April.

On 1/29/2021 at 3:24 AM, ChC said:

The total number of shares has no nexus to the shareholder benefit. A few companies offer benefits to investors who hold at least what Wall St. considers a "lot" or 100 shares. They are not really interested in "Georges" who buy a single share receiving anything of value. 

My thinking is that the benefit will remain the same. The benefit is not intended to be motivation to book a cruise, rather offered as a thank you for investing in the corporation. Carnival's offer is one of the best but I enjoy others. IHG offers a special website with much deeper discounts on hotel rooms than Expedia, Ford offers factory "X" pricing for one lot shareholders who have owned them for at least 6 months, one vehicle per year, IBM has a special online pricing for laptops at 25% off, & Kimberly Clark offer a box chuck full of Kleenex and Scott products for about $20 with coupon to get more products cheaper. The toilet paper came in handy this last year. 

I would not invest in any stock to get a shareholder perk, but if it makes economic sense why not?