Slamming Door Radiance Class

HicksRA

I’ve booked GS cabin 1552 on Serenade which is the first cabin forward from the hump. It’s been a long time since I’ve been on Radiance class and I’m wondering if there’s a door at the hallway entrance that is closed at night. If so, it’ll be right where my room is and I know from experience that those doors get slammed continuously at night with people coming and going. 
If so, I will try to change cabins but there’s only one other available at present. 
Will a slamming door be a problem?  

Cabins right off the hump on Radiance class can be very noisy.  Music from the Centrum travels up.  We have found that whether the doors get shut are hit or miss.  After having one one time (cabin 8088) we always booked one at least 5 cabins down the hall

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, HicksRA said:

I’ve booked GS cabin 1552 on Serenade which is the first cabin forward from the hump. It’s been a long time since I’ve been on Radiance class and I’m wondering if there’s a door at the hallway entrance that is closed at night. If so, it’ll be right where my room is and I know from experience that those doors get slammed continuously at night with people coming and going. 
If so, I will try to change cabins but there’s only one other available at present. 
Will a slamming door be a problem?  

We have #1054 & 1052 booked on Serenade (Alaska Sept 2022)....I usually book as far aft as I can on this class but no choice for this cruise as I got a great deal on this 2bdrm/2bth for extended family cruising with us...We'll just have to manage.

39 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We have #1054 & 1052 booked on Serenade (Alaska Sept 2022)....I usually book as far aft as I can on this class but no choice for this cruise as I got a great deal on this 2bdrm/2bth for extended family cruising with us...We'll just have to manage.

I have 1054 on Serenade booked for my May 21 Alaska cruise but I'm sure I'm not going to get to worry about it.  Sure it won't sail.

Edited by RFerrington

7 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Had 1054 all to myself on a Boston-TPA 13nite Repo. Scored it 5+ yrs ago when Royal did an Oops for few hrs on Suite prices. Cheaper for me then a reg Balcony! Yes Centrum noise little loud with BOOM BOOM and loud Singers, even with Doors closed though noise ended 10:30ish. With long Hall in the room only really heard in Master Bedroom.

We’ve never been bothered by noise in cabins on or near the hump.  Honestly, I don’t think we’ve ever even noticed sounds of the door closing.   Perhaps it would be more of an issue if you go to bed really early.

On 2/3/2021 at 1:04 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Had 1054 all to myself on a Boston-TPA 13nite Repo. Scored it 5+ yrs ago when Royal did an Oops for few hrs on Suite prices. Cheaper for me then a reg Balcony! Yes Centrum noise little loud with BOOM BOOM and loud Singers, even with Doors closed though noise ended 10:30ish. With long Hall in the room only really heard in Master Bedroom.

Parents and small kids in that cabin...they can sleep through anything :classic_wink:

• Like 1