Why don't I receive emails?

welwyngirl

15 minutes ago, welwyngirl said:

DH and I have done several Azamara cruises.  However, we don't ever receive the emails that other friends that have cruised with us get.  Does anybody know why this is please?

Lesley, it's a nightmare to get them. I do now, but didn't for ages and it was fixed and then I fell off the list again and had to be put back on. I would email loyalty@azamara.com and ask them to try and sort it for you. 

Phil 

12 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Lesley, it's a nightmare to get them. I do now, but didn't for ages and it was fixed and then I fell off the list again and had to be put back on. I would email loyalty@azamara.com and ask them to try and sort it for you. 

Phil 

I'm off again.  Wrote to "loyalty" last Monday with no response.  Get two physical mailings a day from the overrated Regent and Oceania but nothing from Azamara,.

1 hour ago, marinaro44 said:

I'm off again.  Wrote to "loyalty" last Monday with no response.  Get two physical mailings a day from the overrated Regent and Oceania but nothing from Azamara,.

It's so annoying. They discovered last time that someone or something had created a new profile for me that deleted my email preferences. Maybe when the IT separates it will sort out the issues!

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

This has been a problem for the last few years. I have lost count of the times I have tried to get on the email list. The thing is I used to receive them and then they stopped. I have checked my profile on Celebrity Captains Club site and all is in order and I receive emails from them. I emailed loyalty@azamara.com again on 23 January 2021 and am still waiting for a reply. 

7 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Thanks Phil.  I'll try that.

I don't get them too. I get many Silverseas emails. Recently started getting some Celebrity emails. Also, starting to get regular mail from cruise lines.  Until ships sail again safely, the emails are just a reminder of something that isn't open during the pandemic. We look forward to safer times. After being canceled, getting some refunds and fcc, rebooking, again and again, we are not booking again until after the pandemic.  We are done.

So happy that others have mentioned not receiving emails from Azamara because I too had the same problem.  It was so frustrating hearing from friends and reading Cruise Critic posts announcing important updates on various subjects.  After 19 sailings on my favorite cruise line, I finally wrote to the loyalty@azamara.com address.  I received a quick, standard reply offering the usual apologies and assuring me that the team would look into the matter.  About a week later they responded that both my husband and my loyalty accounts were updated and we would be receiving all future emails.  That was October 2020 and nothing to date has been received.

With all the recent Azamara news I sent another email this past Friday.  Once again received the now, heard it before, apologies.  I don't believe anything will change but my fingers remain crossed. 🤞

Pat

4 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

Response from the loyalty folks said I was "opted out" of Azamara emails.  Wonder who at Azamara does the "opting out?"  Certainly wasn't me.

Exactly my experience - they opted me in again and then somewhere in the last nine months I have been opted out of offers though I still get the loyalty emails

• Like 1

The last few posts led me to check my own Azamara account on their website.  After signing in, your Initials in the top right corner is a drop-down menu.  'Profile' has a further choice 'Offers & Communications' - and surprise! I was opted in for Royal but not for Celebrity or Azamara.  That's backward!  I fixed it, let's see if anything changes...

While you're there, it's probably also a good idea to click on 'My Loyalty' and verify that they have the same number for both Azamara and Celebrity and on 'Past Voyages' to make sure they have everything listed – so you will keep your points and status after the split.

4 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

The last few posts led me to check my own Azamara account on their website.  After signing in, your Initials in the top right corner is a drop-down menu.  'Profile' has a further choice 'Offers & Communications' - and surprise! I was opted in for Royal but not for Celebrity or Azamara.  That's backward!  I fixed it, let's see if anything changes...

I just checked mine and Azamara is the only one I’m opted in for. However, I only receive emails from Celebrity and all of a sudden from Royal in the past couple weeks.

Jszzbeau, trust me. There's more to it than that. I've been through it and Nicole who was the wonderful LCV Ambassador at the time eventually got to the bottom of it. Only for it to go wrong again and needimg sorting out once more, which Sandra at LCV duly did after some work. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Just now, excitedofharpenden said:

Jszzbeau, trust me. There's more to it than that. I've been through it and Nicole who was the wonderful LCV Ambassador at the time eventually got to the bottom of it. Only for it to go wrong again and needimg sorting out once more, which Sandra at LCV duly did after some work. 

Phil 

I know, Phil – but it feels good to feel like you're doing something.  Even if it's Whack-A-Mole...

19 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Phil 

Agree, its a much more fundamental system flaw and I was advised by Nicole when someone was suggesting playing around with the opt in settings on their profile that that potentially could cause more problems than it would solve.

I suggest do nothing but contact Azamara again as many have done and unfortunately have to do more often than once

25 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I know, Phil – but it feels good to feel like you're doing something.  Even if it's Whack-A-Mole...

Not sure what you mean with the comment, but I just was pointing out that it's not straightforward. It seems crazy. Both Annelies (Spikkel) and marinaro are both amongst the most cruised on Azamara. You'd think they'd have it right by now, but there is a system failure somewhere along the line. 

I had a flyer in my cabin year before last. It said something like "Have we got your contact details correct?  Please fill in the attached with your up to date email to ensure we keep you informed". Needless to say having spent two years trying to get it right, that went straight in the bin!

Phil 

On 2/6/2021 at 5:07 PM, tiggertom said:

This has been a problem for the last few years. I have lost count of the times I have tried to get on the email list. The thing is I used to receive them and then they stopped. I have checked my profile on Celebrity Captains Club site and all is in order and I receive emails from them. I emailed loyalty@azamara.com again on 23 January 2021 and am still waiting for a reply. 

Today I received an email from loyalty@azamara.com advising that my email has been opted in. I have checked my profile on the Azamara website and have both Azamara and Celebrity ticked for emails. So here’s hoping 🤞🏻

I do receive some emails from Azamara, but mainly those relating to the recent sale, but not upcoming cruises. I logged into my account today to see I still have points, but my cruising history has disappeared.  I just assumed that was because there is now a new owner?

Edit: All past cruises are back in now.  It must have taken time to download in the new system as it’s been two years since I last logged in.  Email settings correct too.

Edited by Port Power
  • Like 1