Norway Extends Cruise Restrictions to 1 May 2021

Tigrou

1 hour ago, Tigrou said:

Norway has extended cruise restrictions, to be reassessed by 1 May 2021.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24331-norway-extends-cruise-restrictions-to-may-1-for-reassessment.html

Currently Silhouette's first scheduled cruise is a Norway itinerary, due to leave Southampton on 8 May 2021.

The cruise is not happening.

We’ve already decided we won’t be taking a foreign holiday this year regardless, my wife has just turned 50 and probably won’t get the vaccine until May and in our view there are still just too many unknowns. We are not interested in paying out large sums of money only to see restrictions in place. We’re having two holidays in the UK and hope to cruise next February on our lift and shifted Asia holiday. My brother in law and extended family moved their Florida holiday from last July to this but again don’t really trust travelling to the US should there be any potential problems, the costs of medical care in the US should you be seriously ill are crazy.

The UK government has also again stated they won’t be issuing vaccine passports which I’m sure Doctors surgeries will be delighted to hear when come summer patients are queuing up for a letter to allow them to travel abroad.

3 hours ago, yorky said:

The UK government has also again stated they won’t be issuing vaccine passports which I’m sure Doctors surgeries will be delighted to hear when come summer patients are queuing up for a letter to allow them to travel abroad.

That was my thought, the surgeries charge quite a bit for such a letter! At least, our does, they do not write them for free, and quite rightly too.

11 hours ago, jelayne said:

Until the silhouette heads to Europe I wouldn’t be making final payment if I had a cruise booked for this spring/summer.  

That is our thinking.  The 3 sailings we have before the end of the year in Europe all have the ships positioned there.  

2 hours ago, downsmead said:

That was my thought, the surgeries charge quite a bit for such a letter! At least, our does, they do not write them for free, and quite rightly too.

My practice does not charge but you do have to make an appointment to speak with a doctor or Practice Nurse first.

On 2/6/2021 at 6:16 PM, Tigrou said:

Norway has extended cruise restrictions, to be reassessed by 1 May 2021.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/24331-norway-extends-cruise-restrictions-to-may-1-for-reassessment.html

Currently Silhouette's first scheduled cruise is a Norway itinerary, due to leave Southampton on 8 May 2021.

We had this cruise booked and we did a lift and shift.