SS deck 11 aft S class?

39august

Do these sky suites have any covering over the balconies, please? And which side on deck 11 has the window washing equipment? I've seen a picture somewhere that makes me think it is on the starboard side. But that could be wrong of course. 

There is window washing equipment on both sides.  I believe they are located towards the front of the ship around 1554 on the Starboard side.  Not sure what the comparable cabin would be on the Port side.

The S1 corner aft suites on S class could possibly have the spider on the side of your suite on deck 11.  You need to do the research because they can also move them.  For example, I was assured that on Equinox  the spider was not located  on deck 11, but deck 12 at this time.  Who knows for sure if this is the truth, as It is always different on S class ships when referring to Is corner aft suites.  On E class, the spider is not an issue.  I  have been in most of these aft suites, but not in the last couple of years, but both corner aft S1 suites will have the spider on the same deck. there will be some overhang, but again, it depends on the direction of the ship, as the sun changes continually.  If I am misunderstanding what you are asking, I apologize.

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

Remember Reflection has one more deck that other S class ships.

I believe you are incorrect on Reflection having an extra deck.  I believe all the "S" class ships have 16 decks.  Actually, 15 because they skip 13.

What Reflection does have differently is the extra Sky Suites, that started out Aqua Class Suites, on deck 12.  And, the Reflection Suite and five Signature suites on deck 14.

Also, the pools are on deck 14 on Reflection, and they are on deck 12 on the other "S" class ships.  So, the decks are a little different on Reflection.  😊

Edited by Texed

5 minutes ago, Texed said:

I believe you are incorrect on Reflection having an extra deck.  I believe all the "S" class ships have 16 decks.  Actually, 15 because they skip 13.

What Reflection does have differently is the extra Sky Suites, that started out Aqua Class Suites, on deck 12.  And, the Reflection Suite and five Signature suites on deck 14.

Also, the pools are on deck 14 on Reflection, and they are on deck 12 on the other "S" class ships.  So, the decks are a little different on Reflection.  😊

Yes you are right, my mistake.

46 minutes ago, 39august said:

I was inquiring about the aft facing sky suites on deck 11, not the corner suites. So the answer is we don't know as these can be moved around? And how about any cover over the aft facing sky suites?

The aft facing SS2 ‘s on deck 11 have very little cover.  The window washing equipment doesn’t park on the aft so no obstruction.

1 hour ago, Texed said:

No problem at all.  I just did not want it to confuse someone.  🙂

I guess this is a matter of perspective.  On Sil, Ecl and Equinox I climb one flight of stairs from AQ to get to the Spa Cafe.  On Reflex I climb two sets of stairs.  Never been on Solstice, but assume she's like Eq.

4 hours ago, 39august said:

I was inquiring about the aft facing sky suites on deck 11, not the corner suites. So the answer is we don't know as these can be moved around? And how about any cover over the aft facing sky suites?

If you want covering in the aft facing sky suites (S2), you have to get one of the aft suites on Deck 12, underneath the O/V Cafe outside seating.  The rest of the decks below have limited shade or covering from the elements.  🍷

1 hour ago, marieps said:

I guess this is a matter of perspective.  On Sil, Ecl and Equinox I climb one flight of stairs from AQ to get to the Spa Cafe.  On Reflex I climb two sets of stairs.  Never been on Solstice, but assume she's like Eq.

There are some AQ on Deck 12, but most are on Deck 11.  Solstice is the same as Equinox.

To answer the OP, if you want an aft Suite with protection from the sun and elements, Deck 12 under the O/V Cafe is your best bet. 🍷

• Thanks 1

We found the S1's much too sunny- also soot was a big problem as you couldn't leave anything to dry on your balcony.  We found the closet smaller in the S1 then in the S2's.  Didn't like to pole next to the bed as I walked into it at night when using the bathroom.  Perhaps reflective tape might help on the pole.  Also couldn't enjoy breakfast on the much too sunny balcony.

And we also had the window washing equipment parked outside our side window

Edited by Cruise a holic

Wino, I can always count on you for accurate cabin information.  Too bad only the S2's on deck 12 have a covering over the balcony. We like to have total cover as we can sit out during any weather if we wish and do not have to sit out in the sun all the time. Guess we will stick to those side facing S2's.