Bombarded by Marketing's Emails?

Aplmac

4 hours ago, jetsfan58 said:

We get both email and USPS mail. I still enjoy reading what's coming and the progress being made. Hopefully this amped up marketing blitz will not add to the price of cruising. Somebody's gotta pay for the paper and postage being sent out 

We also get both, and from several different cruise lines.

22 hours ago, 19cruiser59 said:

Its funny, I have signed my email up in multiple areas

at one time or another -and I never get any emails!  🤔

They're just "Not that into you.." - lol

Every email from Carnival carries this dire warning

about how your cruise could be cut short, etc.

but this time I actually read it, down to the end!

It is not pleasant! and if people actually read it

they'd think twice before actually booking a cruise!

Cruising caveat!.JPG

1 hour ago, Aplmac said:

Every email from Carnival carries this dire warning

about how your cruise could be cut short, etc.

but this time I actually read it, down to the end!

It is not pleasant! and if people actually read it

they'd think twice before actually booking a cruise!

Cruising caveat!.JPG

Seems the equivalent of the warnings on packs of cigarettes.

• Haha 1

I get at least one a day, also. Sometimes two . . . most are for free CHEERS (I'm not much of a drinker anymore) or Australian cruises . . . nothing out of the West Coast, although I'm booked on the PANORAMA November. I don't mind . . . easy to delete them.

Has anyone else noticed that most if not all of these "great offers" are all reduced deposits meaning they are non refundable deposits.  You decide you want to cancel and they keep your money.  No thanks.

I keep getting offers for cruises with free WiFi.  I must be slow but what in the world does FOMO mean?

1 hour ago, RWolver672 said:

Has anyone else noticed that most if not all of these "great offers" are all reduced deposits meaning they are non refundable deposits.  You decide you want to cancel and they keep your money.  No thanks.

I keep getting offers for cruises with free WiFi.  I must be slow but what in the world does FOMO mean?

I also had no idea of what that acronym meant, so I checked with my friend google. It is fear of missing out (of the fun).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So many travel related emails in my inbox . . . cruise lines and airlines.  Carnival is the only one that also calls us.  They leave lovely voice mail messages, and, sometimes, I pick up and let the rep know that we aren't ready to book, yet.

I have posted on CC before that a $25 deposit is what we are willing to gamble.  Sorry, Carnival, but $50 per person deposit is still too much for cruises that might never happen.  We will just wait to book for now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MississippiMom said:

I have posted on CC before that a $25 deposit is what we are willing to gamble.  Sorry, Carnival, but $50 per person deposit is still too much for cruises that might never happen.  We will just wait to book for now.

Let's assume you're a family of 4.  You're willing to possibly roll the dice for 100.00 on a pessimistic cruise in your opinion, but not 200.00.  You have the right to be seriously conservative and not risk that extra hundred bucks, but if a hundred bucks for four people is what is holding you back, you would be better off just taking land based vacations for the next five years until cruising comes back to where it was previously. 

I get a kick out of them. Sometimes I actually open them and find out all the restrictions and conditions, sometimes it's old hat and something that's offered ANYTIME. Easy to delete. Interesting to know that they have such an interest in this cheap cruiser - - a beer a day, no ship tours EVER, seldom gamble, and cheapest inside cabin, etc. :-)

Edited by glrounds
  • Haha 1