Bombarded by Marketing's Emails?

Aplmac

I get at least two emails every day from Carnival and another one from RCL. I had sworn I wouldn't book another cruise until they started sailing again, but one of those emails enticed me with its sexy $99 deposit, ridiculously low price for an extended balcony, and $500 OBC. That's how I ended up with a B2B for April 2022. 😏

On 2/19/2021 at 7:16 PM, soccersharon said:

I have the opposite problem:  I don't receive any marketing emails.  

None.  Nada.  

Wondering if it's because I'm Canadian, with 4 cruises booked.

No clue 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Something's wrong ^

Look where I live -and I have no cruises booked

but then maybe that's your 'problem' - you have 4 cruises booked.

No need to reach out to you. Could that be it?

5 hours ago, Aplmac said:

Something's wrong ^

Look where I live -and I have no cruises booked

but then maybe that's your 'problem' - you have 4 cruises booked.

No need to reach out to you. Could that be it?

Maybe 😁  It would be nice to hear from them a little though 😉 

54 minutes ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I got three of that FOMO wi-fi email today. 🤣

Makes sense...you're either red or gold...that is their secondary marketing section.  With the blues of course being their primary.  I'm a platinum, so marketing to me has been in Carnival's rear view mirror.  It has to be true since I never received a RU1, RU2 or RU3 with the Cheers promo.

52 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Makes sense...you're either red or gold...that is their secondary marketing section.  With the blues of course being their primary.  I'm a platinum, so marketing to me has been in Carnival's rear view mirror.  It has to be true since I never received a RU1, RU2 or RU3 with the Cheers promo.

Yep, I'm solidly in the middle of gold territory. It will be another three or four years before I can make it to platinum and get ignored by CCL.  

On 2/10/2021 at 8:09 AM, Aplmac said:

We certainly agree on that last bit!

Yes, reduced deposit... now down to just $50 a person.

ANYthing to get some money rolling in!

The desperation is obvious.

I donated $250 and I don't even like carnival.

• Like 1

I am Platinum and I get emails several times a week. Most have my Personal Planner listed at the bottom by name with direct phone #. He must have a mailing list that is included. I am sure there is a lot of pressure on them to generate cash flow and convince people to roll over cruises after cancellation.

On 2/19/2021 at 6:16 PM, soccersharon said:

I have the opposite problem:  I don't receive any marketing emails.  None.  Nada.  Wondering if it's because I'm Canadian, with 4 cruises booked.  No clue 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

We're Canadian and I get them constantly from CCL and also Players Club (also seperate emails to both of us). It seems daily and can be more than once a day. If I click in and go look at any particular cruise to mock book for a price -  well - then they seem to just stalk me with targeted emails at that cruise for a bit as well.

I kinda like them right now ... nice break from Covid news and easy enough to delete. 

2 hours ago, rodndonna said:

We're Canadian and I get them constantly from CCL and also Players Club (also seperate emails to both of us). It seems daily and can be more than once a day. If I click in and go look at any particular cruise to mock book for a price -  well - then they seem to just stalk me with targeted emails at that cruise for a bit as well.

I kinda like them right now ... nice break from Covid news and easy enough to delete. 

Would rather get CCL emails too!

I usually book with my TA - wondering if that's why I don't receive any emails.  Regardless, just happy to have a few cruises to look forward to.  Be safe!

My wife gets a couple a week and she has mixed emotions.  Mostly she says they are good deals but there is nothing out there saying it will sail.  And some are way far out and she has 3 for this year in nov and dec thus far.  After all the cancellations she is a bit pessimistic.