New England Fall Cruise 2022

Karma5

It's  unfortunate that these NE cruises have a ship with pools opened to the weather . I don't think that whoever decides what ships go where knows that we can have some really big snow storms in Oct...........................Good luck

I was happy to see that they are sending a different class of ship to Boston for the season.  I was even happier to see new ports!  Sydney, Nova Scotia and PEI are great additions to some of the itineraries.  Wish they still had a couple of sailings to Bermuda too, but maybe another year.

• Like 1

I remember the days when people said that Voyager class ships would never leave the Caribbean because they were not built for cooler weather.

You can't generalize just because a ship does not have an enclosed pool. There are pictures that can be found of Explorer sailing from N.J. in winter with plenty of snow and ice on the open weather decks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Heymarco said:

I would take Voyager class over Radiance class any day! So much more indoor space to enjoy. Maybe I don’t value the pool as much as others. 🤷‍♂️

I think it would depend on the itinerary.

Hopefully one day we'll have a Quantum class and an Oasis class ship seasonally homeport in Boston.

Quantum class - October thru April

Oasis class - May thru September

The area around the cruise port is undergoing extensive realestate development.  There are plans to redevelop the cruise terminal.  Dredging is also taking place.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

soremekun;  are those class ships too large for the Boston Port?

Boston is a deep water port and there are no bridges to be concerned about. The harbor itself is rather shallow but I believe the shipping channels are dredged to around 40 feet. Maybe other factors are involved.

10 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

soremekun;  are those class ships too large for the Boston Port?

Well, I did have the opportunity to go to the area around the port when both Anthem and Meraviglia were docked on the same day to take some pictures.  We've never had an Oasis class ship here.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2021 at 3:28 PM, reallyitsmema said:

I was happy to see that they are sending a different class of ship to Boston for the season.  I was even happier to see new ports!  Sydney, Nova Scotia and PEI are great additions to some of the itineraries.  Wish they still had a couple of sailings to Bermuda too, but maybe another year.

1 minute ago, Karma5 said:

They are sending a different ship to Boston in Sept and Oct  "22". However the pool areas are all opened to the outside. It gets really cold up here and may even snow at times in Oct.

Enjoy ...............

what time of year do you recommend cruising to New England and Canada?

3 minutes ago, Karma5 said:

They are sending a different ship to Boston in Sept and Oct  "22". However the pool areas are all opened to the outside. It gets really cold up here and may even snow at times in Oct.

Enjoy ...............

I live fifteen miles from the port, so am aware of our seasons.  We have also sailed many times from Boston in October and every time, there have been people in the hot tubs on the pool deck.  I am looking forward to having something other than a Radiance class ship.  We have sailed all in that class, some multiple times, and we prefer a larger ship with more food options and more activities.  If there is no other choice, we will sail a Radiance class ship again for itinerary and proximity to the port, but would choose driving to Bayonne for Anthem if all things were equal.

2 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

reallyitsmema;   what don't you like about Radiance Class ships?  I have a trip booked on Jewel and it will be my first time on a Radiance class ship

It isn't so much we don't like that class ship, we like the larger ships better.  Radiance class are smaller, narrower class ships that tend to feel more crowded at times.  A lot of the entertainment is in the Centrum and there is very limited seating in that area, so you end up standing behind the seating or at the railing on one of the decks above, looking down at the entertainment.  We enjoy the outdoor seating area in the Windjammer, especially at breakfast, pulling into a port.  The entertainment in the theater is fine, we just prefer what is offered on Oasis class ships and Quantum class ships.  People love Radiance class because of all the glass but a lot of that is in the elevator lobby, not going to hang there.

Like I said, we will sail that class if that is the only ship that does an itinerary that we want to do, but would choose a larger ship if we had a choice.

• Like 1

reallyitsmema;   thanks for your feedback.  I appreciate it;  we have been on all the other class ships; but have not been on a RC ship in a few years.   We have been sailing Princess our last three cruises; plus Norwegian.  Again thank for the info and have a nice day.

• Like 1

Early Oct. is good, remember to bring some winter clothes . Jackets , warm sweaters and the like.

I think this may be a good ship to go to the Caribbean in. I have been on this class and most of the ships RC has............................