New England Fall Cruise 2022

Karma5

27 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Radiance Class,  Not to big, not to small..............just Rightttttttttttttttttttt.

Our favorite class of ship.

Agree, 100% only Class been on last 10yrs. Love the longer/Repo's on them. Will be missed some day when they are gone...

11 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, 100% only Class been on last 10yrs. Love the longer/Repo's on them. Will be missed some day when they are gone...

Agreed indeed !!

15 Night Hawaii Circle Cruise

Serenade of the Seas

10 Nights Bermuda And Caribbean R/T Bos

Jewel of the Seas

14 Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise

Radiance of the Seas

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

Radiance Class,  Not to big, not to small..............just Rightttttttttttttttttttt.

Our favorite class of ship.

I've only been on Radiance class once ... Radiance of the Seas "maiden" voyage (March 26 to 29, 2001 - Miami to Nassau to Miami).  Booked her again for May 2021 Alaska, but that's not happening.  She will be celebrating her 20th in warm layup.  😟

Booked Jewel for Aug 2021 TA, but L&S to Voyager Sep 2022.

27 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

I've only been on Radiance class once ... Radiance of the Seas "maiden" voyage (March 26 to 29, 2001 - Miami to Nassau to Miami).  Booked her again for May 2021 Alaska, but that's not happening.  She will be celebrating her 20th in warm layup.  😟

Booked Jewel for Aug 2021 TA, but L&S to Voyager Sep 2022.

We've been on the Radiance class several times...usually Alaska and once San Juan but one of our most memorable on board this class was our 12 night Scandinavia/Russia.

I would love to see a new build for this class but we know that's not going to happen.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Karma5 said:

Early Oct. is good, remember to bring some winter clothes . Jackets , warm sweaters and the like.

I think this may be a good ship to go to the Caribbean in. I have been on this class and most of the ships RC has............................

They should also bring some shorts and warm weather clothes too as October is sometimes very warm.  

7 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Agreed indeed !!

15 Night Hawaii Circle Cruise

Serenade of the Seas

10 Nights Bermuda And Caribbean R/T Bos

Jewel of the Seas

14 Night Eastbound Panama Canal Cruise

Radiance of the Seas

Hello,  Jimbo;  I see you spent ten nights on Jewel.  I have never been on a Radiance Class ship; we have Jewel booked for 12 night British Isles Cruise next year.  What can you tell me about this ship?   Thanks for your time.  

Edited by AF-1

10 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Hello,  Jimbo;  I see you spent ten nights on Jewel.  I have never been on a Radiance Class ship; we have Jewel booked for 12 night British Isles Cruise next year.  What can you tell me about this ship?   Thanks for your time.  

It was a very long time ago, so can't give you much detail about the current venues now. But the things that do still stick out about that cruise was the balcony cabin we had. We were on the front side of one the hump areas, not knowing any better at the time, that balcony caught alot of smoke from people smoking on their balcony and we didn't really care for that.

Another thing about that cruise that happen is just about every stop for the itinerary was changed once we boarded after day 2 because because of bad weather and the  narrow channel getting Jewel into Bermuda, we had to skip that port which was suppose to be an overnight in Bermuda. Really disappointing.

So that made us getting to all the other ports on the wrong days, thus all of our personal excursions were booked by us were on the wrong days we were there. Made for a hassle trying to rebook things while on the ship using the internet.

On the return back to Boston though we did get to stop in Bermuda for about 6 or 7 hours, but wasn't  an overnight.

Nice class of ship though, alot less people makes it overall a better cruise in our opinion. Just seems like you get better overall service around the ship. We found the Crew much more friendly when they are taking care of less people compared to the larger ships which sometimes the crew seems overwelmed with.

Edited by Jimbo

24 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

It was a very long time ago, so can't give you much detail about the current venues now. But the things that do still stick out about that cruise was the balcony cabin we had. We were on the front side of one the hump areas, not knowing any better at the time, that balcony caught alot of smoke from people smoking on their balcony and we didn't really care for that.

Another thing about that cruise that happen is just about every stop for the itinerary was changed once we boarded after day 2 because because of bad weather and the  narrow channel getting Jewel into Bermuda, we had to skip that port which was suppose to be an overnight in Bermuda. Really disappointing.

So that made us getting to all the other ports on the wrong days, thus all of our personal excursions were booked by us were on the wrong days we were there. Made for a hassle trying to rebook things while on the ship using the internet.

On the return back to Boston though we did get to stop in Bermuda for about 6 or 7 hours, but wasn't  an overnight.

Nice class of ship though, alot less people makes it overall a better cruise in our opinion. Just seems like you get better overall service around the ship. We found the Crew much more friendly when they are taking care of less people compared to the larger ships which sometimes the crew seems overwelmed with.

Six hours in Bermuda would be very disappointing.

17 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I have never been on a Radiance Class ship; we have Jewel booked for 12 night British Isles Cruise next year.  

12 nights British Isles on Brilliance 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2560648-brilliance-british-isles-june-19-july-22018-review-wlots-of-photos/

Very few differences between Jewel & Brilliance

Radiance Class is the perfect ship for port intensive itineraries, especially British Isles/Europe/ Med.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Hoopster95 said:

Very few differences between Jewel & Brilliance

Radiance Class is the perfect ship for port intensive itineraries, especially British Isles/Europe/ Med.

I agree that R class is great for port intensive itineraries as you don't have to deal with as many people getting on and off the ship. On sea days, however, I think the pool area is too small for the number of people aboard. And I still prefer the Promenade of the V/F/O clasd ships over the R class centrum.

• Like 1

Ocean Boy;  although Jewel will be my first Radiance Class ship next year;  I agree with you; I much prefer the promenade on the larger ships.  But if we want to do British Isles Jewel is only ship doing this itinerary.  We will have a good time

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Ocean Boy;  although Jewel will be my first Radiance Class ship next year;  I agree with you; I much prefer the promenade on the larger ships.  But if we want to do British Isles Jewel is only ship doing this itinerary.  We will have a good time

You certainly will have a great time. We had an awesome cruise on Serenade with a port intensive southern Caribbean route.

7 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Thanks Ocean Boy;  yes we are looking forward to cruising again and look forward to British Isles, especially Liverpool.  

One other nice thing about Serenade and Jewel is they have doors on the cabin showers like V/F/O ships. Radiance and Brilliance have shower curtains. It may not mean much to some but it does to me!😄

• Like 2

On 2/17/2021 at 3:12 PM, Ashland said:

We've been on the Radiance class several times...usually Alaska and once San Juan but one of our most memorable on board this class was our 12 night Scandinavia/Russia.

I would love to see a new build for this class but we know that's not going to happen.

Yes!  Definitely agree. Serenade is our favorite.  Been on her and sister ships several times.  Just the right amount of people, activities, etc etc.  Perfect.  The day this class disappears will be very sad.  I would love to see a new build for this size / class.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soremekun said:

My TA just moved me from October 2021 on Jewel to October 2022 on Voyager.  Bigger and amplified ship, I'll take it. Only downside is, no double points.

I'm waiting for the Oct 2022 9 night out of Cape Liberty schedule to open. I was scheduled on Freedom for Oct 2021.

Edited by Ashland