New England Fall Cruise 2022

Karma5

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thanks...but looking for the 9 night...not interested in Bermuda.

Enjoy that cruise.

I know you prefer RC and looking for a Bayonne departure but just as an FYI Celebrity has released their September and October 2022 10 night and 12 night  NE/Canada cruises. But they leave out of Boston. We're doing the 12 night in September 2022. 

Edited by davekathy

12 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I know you prefer RC and looking for a Bayonne departure but just as an FYI Celebrity has released their September and October 2022 10 night and 12 night  NE/Canada cruises. But they leave out of Boston. We're doing the 12 night in September 2022. 

Yes....I'm very up on Celebrity even though I'm anxiously waiting for them to hopefully cancel my July 2021 British Isles....fingers crossed.

I did check out the prices for my preferred cabin category for the 12 night but "Yikes" I know I can do better with RCI with a possible L/S from my Oct 2021 option.

That looks like a great itinerary especially the overnight in Quebec. We spent 4 nights pre-cruise there on our RCI Snowbird itinerary Oct 2019...Enjoy !!!!

16 hours ago, Ashland said:

Thanks...but looking for the 9 night...not interested in Bermuda.

Enjoy that cruise.

I am on 9 night cruise;   it does not go to Bermuda.  So not sure which year and ship you may be looking at for 9 night cruise out of Cape Liberty.  

17 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Only the 5 night Bermuda cruises have been released. The 9 night Canada ones have not. 

image.png.535b086d69ad654536c076069fc5ee83.png

THIS IS 9 NIGHT OUR OF CAPE LIBERTY FOR 2022. I AM BOOKED 

Edited by AF-1

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are sailing in September.  You had said October.  There are no 9 night cruises in October when Ashland needs to travel. 

Yes you are correct;  Sep 29--8 Oct.  So I am sailing more in Oct than Sep

7 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I think  Ashland needs a sailing within 1 week of her October 2021 sailing, so needs the sailing in October of 2022.

My cruise departs on 29 Sep-8 Oct 2022.  So technically I am more into Oct than Sept.  But I understand what you are saying.

3 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Yes you are correct;  Sep 29--8 Oct.  So I am sailing more in Oct than Sep

Point is that there are no 9 day cruises departing in October which is what Ashland needs. There are 2 gaps in the itineraries that have not been released. 

Its departure date that matters not what moths the cruise May overlap. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

19 hours ago, Ashland said:

I'm waiting for the Oct 2022 9 night out of Cape Liberty schedule to open. I was scheduled on Freedom for Oct 2021.

I am booked on Adventure out of Cape Liberty.  29 Sep- 8 Oct 2022;  so technically I am sailing in Oct

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Point is that there are no 9 day cruises departing in October which is what Ashland needs. There are 2 gaps in the itineraries that have not been released. 

Yea, I understand you.   I left a reply to Ashland with my itinerary;  so she can see it does not leave in Oct, but ends up in first week of Oct.  Since there are only 30 days in sep, I sail two days in Sep and 7 in Oct.  All the best and have a fun Sunday

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You are sailing in September.  You had said October.  There are no 9 night cruises in October when Ashland needs to travel. 

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I think  Ashland needs a sailing within 1 week of her October 2021 sailing, so needs the sailing in October of 2022.

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I believe the start date of the cruises has to be with in + or - 7 days to use the L&S. So any October start date after October 5th put her out of luck.

My sail date is/was Oct 14, 2021...So yes I need approx mid October 2022. 

I have a great price that was booked on Dec 3, 2019 on the Panoramic Ocean view Suite for just the two of us and am trying to keep the price protection.

Thanks guys...waiting for the schedule to open :classic_unsure:

• Like 2

I have the September 30 sailing in 2021.  Since it’s 9 days and to Canada it had disappeared from the RC site.  We’re trying to figure out what to do so I was looking at Bayonne cruises, and our cruise now shows up for booking!  I didn’t try to put anything in, so I don’t know if it would actually have let me book.  Weird.

On 2/17/2021 at 9:44 PM, AF-1 said:

Hello,  Jimbo;  I see you spent ten nights on Jewel.  I have never been on a Radiance Class ship; we have Jewel booked for 12 night British Isles Cruise next year.  What can you tell me about this ship?   Thanks for your time.  

It wasn't Jewel but one thing I really enjoyed on Serenade was they opened up the helipad area at the front of the ship while sailing in and out of Venice and while sailing through the Strait of Messina.  I don't know if your itinerary has any especially scenic areas that you sail through where they might open this area up but we did find it had wonderful views.

stowite;  thanks for your feedback.  We go to England, Ireland, and Scotland.  Not sure about any super scenic ports.   Maybe the White Cliffs of Dover,  which our last stop before heading back to Amsterdam.  We shall see.  Have a nice day.

6 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Not sure about any super scenic ports.   Maybe the White Cliffs of Dover

Dover

Dover helipad.JPG

Guernsey

Guernsey top deck forward.JPG

Leaving Wales (from my very fave spot of the entire cruise... the Windjammer having dinner)

Wales WJ.JPG

Sailing in to Inverness

Inverness sail in.JPG

Leaving Invergordon, view from the VCL

Inverness from VCL.JPG

Edited by Hoopster95

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

hoopster95;  thank you for these outstanding pics.  They tell a lot about the ports we will be visiting. 

You're welcome. I wish to add that the ship means almost nothing on this trip... 3 years from now you will not remember your exact cabin number, what you ate for lunch on day 4 at the Windjammer, where you were walking on the ship at 7:30pm on day 6....

However you will remember exactly the amazing moments you experience on land... the few hours and Edinburgh Castle, Sailing the Lockness to visit Urquhart Castle, walking at night to the famous Temple Bar in Dublin, etc. Those are the pictures you have up your wall.... not your cabin or Windjammer lunch. Focus the majority of your energy and planning on the ports and experiences. You wont regret it.

Enjoy 🙂

• Like 3

On 2/21/2021 at 8:26 AM, Ourusualbeach said:

I am on the same cruise as Ashland  Oct. 2021 Freedom. If the cruise is canceled can we lift & shift to 2022 to the Adventure as the Freedom will not be in New Jersey?

Dick

21 minutes ago, red devil said:

I am on the same cruise as Ashland  Oct. 2021 Freedom. If the cruise is canceled can we lift & shift to 2022 to the Adventure as the Freedom will not be in New Jersey?

Dick

I would assume  that would be allowed as it is doing the same itinerary and it was one ship replacing another. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, red devil said:

Dick

I was booked on the Freedom 9/30/21 and have already shifted to Adventure 9/29/22 so yes it was allowed.