Just booked Mardis Gras - April 2022! Thinking positive thoughts!

SRQbeachgirl

I just couldn't stand not having a cruise booked any longer. Even though it's 410 days out - the longest I've ever waited for any cruise - I needed something to look forward to. Got an extended balcony midship, deck 14. Looking forward to exploring this beautiful new ship. It will be the first vacation with just my hubby and I, since the kiddo somehow grew up and became a college graduate when I wasn't looking. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, SRQbeachgirl said:

I just couldn't stand not having a cruise booked any longer. Even though it's 410 days out - the longest I've ever waited for any cruise - I needed something to look forward to. Got an extended balcony midship, deck 14. Looking forward to exploring this beautiful new ship. It will be the first vacation with just my hubby and I, since the kiddo somehow grew up and became a college graduate when I wasn't looking. 

Good choice, I also decided to roll my Mardi Gras cruise over to 2022, late 2022.😀

Edited by mouche
  • Like 2

Well, I doubled down today and went all in, turning our 7-day April 2022 cruise into a back-to-back for two weeks on the Mardi Gras - April 2nd (Western Caribbean) and April 9th (Eastern) sailings. First time B2B for us and we are so excited. Now to just keep our fingers crossed.

After having both of our cruises scheduled for this year (May & Oct.), decided to push everything to 2022.  Maybe by next March & November things will be different.  At this point just shuffling around funds and transferring, but will not put anymore new money into any cruises at this point.  Trying to figure out how best to use up over 10K in gift cards with Princess from a cancelled Alaskan cruise from last year.  Glad we didn't re-book that one for this year, as Alaska seems to be a no-go once again for 2021.  This will be the 3rd try for the Mardi Gras, by the time we get to sail on her she won't be a new ship any longer, lol.

Booked for August 2021 a few months ago. DH said, not likely it will happen but yes, let's give it a shot. 

I still think it's possible, though it is disheartening to have no apparent movement toward the all-important CDC test cruises or even solid guidelines for the lines to follow.  My problem is we have a teen too young for any of the currently approved vaxx and I am worried we'll have to bail as a result of one member of the party being unable to meet requirements.

• 1 month later...