Cape Liberty - Bayonne

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Just looking for Bayonne sailings in June 2022 to celebrate another milestone Anniversary with our children and grandchildren. Was very happy to see the Quantum, which would make our grandchildren very happy, is sailing a 7 night itinerary. 

48 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Are you sure you're looking at the right port?  Don't see Quantum or Anthem sailing out of Cape Liberty in June 2022.  Oasis and Adventure are there.

Anthem is in Bayonne from January of 2022 through May 2 when she does her TA to London.  Quantum is down under and then going to Alaska for the summer of 2022.

Well...our cruise is scheduled for May 9, 2021  and RC took our final payment.  When we booked this cruise last year was hoping by now Cruising would be back to "normal"...and all the kinks would be worked out from COVID...didn't want to be the trial run. But the latest notification on RC website is cruises will resume May 1, 2021.....to be honest as much as I was looking forward to it...not so much now. But by everything I've read on here doesn't look like it might happen?

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

Just looking for Bayonne sailings in June 2022 to celebrate another milestone Anniversary with our children and grandchildren. Was very happy to see the Quantum, which would make our grandchildren very happy, is sailing a 7 night itinerary. 

Quantum is sailing 7 night itineraries from Seattle in June 2022

10 minutes ago, sailset said:

Well...our cruise is scheduled for May 9, 2021  and RC took our final payment.  When we booked this cruise last year was hoping by now Cruising would be back to "normal"...and all the kinks would be worked out from COVID...didn't want to be the trial run. But the latest notification on RC website is cruises will resume May 1, 2021.....to be honest as much as I was looking forward to it...not so much now. But by everything I've read on here doesn't look like it might happen?going to happen. 

Your cruise in May is not going to happen. 

Royal will say cruises will resume on a certain date until they announce a new date for cruises to resume exactly as they have been doing every month since last year. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Anthem is in Bayonne from January of 2022 through May 2 when she does her TA to London.  Quantum is down under and then going to Alaska for the summer of 2022.

You are correct. Typed Quantum instead of Oasis. Probably because I'm not thrilled about going on Oasis but our Grandchildren will be very HAPP!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

I seriously doubt any cruise to/from Bayonne will come/go in 2021.  You just have to look at what is currently going on in the tri-state area.  

Hoping to sail Anthem in November.  14 day B2B and able to stay in the same accessible cabin on deck 3 — our favorite.  I would like to think there will be a sense of normalcy in our lives by then.  Katherine

28 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Hoping to sail Anthem in November.  14 day B2B and able to stay in the same accessible cabin on deck 3 — our favorite.  I would like to think there will be a sense of normalcy in our lives by then.  Katherine

I hope you're right!!  

1 hour ago, Lady Hudson said:

Back in March of 2020, I thought the same for our cruises in October of 2020, and the ones in the Spring of 2021.  Now I'm worried about Europe and the Fall 2021 TA's.    I'm crossing my fingers for the Spring of 2022, maybe, but AUS/NZ/Hawaii will be open by then.  Who knows.  

As long as the CDC Framework holds, Bayonne and Manhattan (and Galveston and New Orleans and Baltimore...) will be lower priority ports for the Cruise Lines to get restarted.  They already tipped their hand on this, and it makes sense. They are focused on ports with larger #s of ships coming and going first. This is because of the extensive arrangements required for transportation, quarantine and medical services in each port.

13 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Why are you not thrilled to go on the Amplified Oasis?

Because the thought of a ship that can carry 5400 passengers is not something my husband and I would ever choose. Our 50th Anniversary Family cruise on the 4100 Passenger Anthem was even too much!! 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Why are you not thrilled to go on the Amplified Oasis?

What does "amplified" refer to relative to a cruise ship? I have to agree with Loracpin2....while I think it'd be interesting to at least try a ship of that size, I'm not encouraged enough to actually book a cruise on one (though we might at some point especially if it goes out of Bayonne since we don't have to fly there). After being on a ship with only approx. 930 guests back in '19, I'm leaning more in that direction for future trips.  We've never been on something even close to the size of the Anthem. Biggest ship we ever did was the Adventure. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

8 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

What does "amplified" refer to relative to a cruise ship?

In November of 2019, the Oasis came out of her "Amplification".  She underwent a 165 million dollar renovation from stem to stern.  She was about 10 years old at the time.  Here's a YouTube video about it.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hqCWDBH50I

Edited by SNJCruisers

21 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Oh gosh....so does every cruise line come up with their own term for 'renovated'?  The Celebrity Summit was "revolutionized"....

In fact, the Summit was "Solsticized", which is a reference to the first S Class ship in their fleet, the Solstice.  The S Class consists of 5 ships that came out between 2008 and 2012 and then were renovated between 2016 and 2020.  The Millennium Class, or M Class, of which the Summit is a member consists of 4 ships that came out back in 2000-2002 and were renovated between 2017 and 2019.  The reason that Celebrity called the M Class upgrades "Solsticizing" is because they implemented some of the features of the newer S Class ships into the older M Class ships.

Edited by SNJCruisers

2 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

What does "amplified" refer to relative to a cruise ship? I have to agree with Loracpin2....while I think it'd be interesting to at least try a ship of that size, I'm not encouraged enough to actually book a cruise on one (though we might at some point especially if it goes out of Bayonne since we don't have to fly there). After being on a ship with only approx. 930 guests back in '19, I'm leaning more in that direction for future trips.  We've never been on something even close to the size of the Anthem. Biggest ship we ever did was the Adventure. 

Amplified is a marketing term. What it means on Royal Caribbean is taking away public space with more cabins and adding more extra fee dining venues. Plus some new carpeting in public areas and USB ports in the cabins. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Amplified is a marekting term. What it means on Royal Caribbean is taking away public space with more cabins and adding more extra fee dining venues. Plus some new carpeting in public areas and USB ports in the cabins. 

You forgot to mention one of biggest additions during the amplification....water slides and a revamped kids water area.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You forgot to mention one of biggest additions during the amplification....water slides and a revamped kids water area.

Thanks for the reminder that I only have 1.5 years* to lose weight, so I can go on all the slides.  🙃

* based on my current bookings on ships that have slides.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Auntiemomo said:

I seriously doubt any cruise to/from Bayonne will come/go in 2021.  You just have to look at what is currently going on in the tri-state area.  

I live in the tri-state area.    what is going on?   Our covid numbers are way down after the holidays.   We have everything open in PA and NJ  just somethings with limited capacity (NY I'm not sure about).    But Cape Liberty is in NJ.

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Thanks for the reminder that I only have 1.5 years* to lose weight, so I can go on all the slides.  🙃

* based on my current bookings on ships that have slides.

So, what is the poundage # that still allows you to slide?

56 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I live in the tri-state area.    what is going on?   Our covid numbers are way down after the holidays.   We have everything open in PA and NJ  just somethings with limited capacity (NY I'm not sure about).    But Cape Liberty is in NJ.

I compare NJ to Canada -- the same mentality -- nothing regarding cruising will open up in 2021.  Florida is a different case.  They will probably be the first to open up.