Laundry now free for everyone !!

phillipahain

My understanding is that the free laundry was a result of the need to close the self-serve laundry rooms for hygienic reasons.  I prefer to do my own laundry and would a book cabin convenient to the laundry rooms.  Now I have no choice but to hand it over to be done by Regent staff.

Unless you book Concierge or above you only get free internet for one device.  For us that is not enough so we always go with a higher category to get the four device service.  Once we get higher in their Loyalty Program we will get internet for four devices regardless of our cabin category.

My complaint (strictly a first world problem I know) is that you get the same loyalty points whether you book a basic balcony or a Regent suite.  Other cruise lines will reward more points the higher up the cabin category you book.  

Edited by FengShui@Sea

I agree that I o not wish to send out my socks and underwear.  I have eleven months time to hope that things return to normal with the self service laundry, if not I will pack a small container of detergent and do them by hand a little each day.

3 hours ago, phillipahain said:

Much prefer to do my own laundry any day especially the smalls as Ship laundrys always wreck the elastic ....anyone know if the self service option is a permanant removal 

I have had Regent do my laundry on every cruise since our first one. I have not had a problem with the elastics being ruined.  The only things i do in my cabin are my bras and sockettes. I always bring along some laundry soap and clothes pins to do those and hang them in the bathtub. 

I think the self-serve laundries will re-open once the main threat of covid has passed.   They were well used facilities and I think Regent will re-open them as soon as they can do so safely. 

4 hours ago, phillipahain said:

So bit by bit all the beanies we have long earnt as loyal patrons and days cruised are given away to all? 

Yes they have extended the benefits to others but i think it will either be temporary or we will get something else to take its place. They did give eveyone that earned free laundry with a booked cruise $100 per suite to compensate for the 'lost' earned benefit. 

• Like 1

If I recall correctly, Regent had a pre-pandemic experiment of free laundry for all on some Med cruises. Such experiments are what Regent (FKA Radisson) has done prior to establishment of perks. We were on a cruise on the old Diamond, which was the first "open bar" cruise and an initial experiment for what would become policy. We hope that included laundry will become permanent. But we also hope that Platinum SSS members will get other perks of equal or higher value to compensate them for what was a benefit of this status. Some lines offer "percent off" on cruise fare for those with many past cruises. That would be aropriate here.

The included (aka 'free') valet laundry service for all was introduced by Regent last year and was discussed at length on the following thread:

My opinion about the benefit and the associated "compensation" for SSS members has not changed since my post #83 on that previous thread.

Edited by flossie009
  • Thanks 1

Going slightly of topic, we will change levels within the seven seas society (from gold to diamond and if Covid permits) just after half way through a grand cruise and was wondering when the additional benefits kicks in, is it the start of the cruise, after you reached 200 night or the section of the cruise after you reached the milestone. Really only worried about the additional phone time as it will be around Christmas period and we will want to speak to the kids / grandkids so the additional time will be handy.

26 minutes ago, charltonkerry said:

Going slightly of topic, we will change levels within the seven seas society (from gold to diamond and if Covid permits) just after half way through a grand cruise and was wondering when the additional benefits kicks in, is it the start of the cruise, after you reached 200 night or the section of the cruise after you reached the milestone. Really only worried about the additional phone time as it will be around Christmas period and we will want to speak to the kids / grandkids so the additional time will be handy.

The switch to platinum will occur at the beginning of the cruise. Hope this helps.

Dave

8 hours ago, DaveFr said:

The switch to platinum will occur at the beginning of the cruise. Hope this helps.

Dave

Thank you, that’s great, just got to hope that covid allows us to cruise, oh send pay for it 😀. It’s a fabulous cruise Istanbul to Auckland, I will be able to pop in to see my brother for the first time in years, it’s both our retirement present, my 70th birthday, and our 45th wedding anniversary present, so it’s a very special trip.

1 hour ago, charltonkerry said:

Thank you, that’s great, just got to hope that covid allows us to cruise, oh send pay for it 😀. It’s a fabulous cruise Istanbul to Auckland, I will be able to pop in to see my brother for the first time in years, it’s both our retirement present, my 70th birthday, and our 45th wedding anniversary present, so it’s a very special trip.

Sounds like a great cruise. In the past Regent has always given us new phone time on each segment of a multi-segment cruise. If that is still the case, you should get a new nine hour block of phone time at the beginning of each of the four segments of your grand voyage.

Dave

Edited by DaveFr

On 2/26/2021 at 4:52 AM, FengShui@Sea said:

My understanding is that the free laundry was a result of the need to close the self-serve laundry rooms for hygienic reasons.  I prefer to do my own laundry and would a book cabin convenient to the laundry rooms.  Now I have no choice but to hand it over to be done by Regent staff.

Unless you book Concierge or above you only get free internet for one device.  For us that is not enough so we always go with a higher category to get the four device service.  Once we get higher in their Loyalty Program we will get internet for four devices regardless of our cabin category.

My complaint (strictly a first world problem I know) is that you get the same loyalty points whether you book a basic balcony or a Regent suite.  Other cruise lines will reward more points the higher up the cabin category you book.  

My complaint (strictly a first world problem I know) is that you get the same loyalty points whether you book a basic balcony or a Regent suite---I agree with you 100%, points should be based on your spending.  Just like air and hotels---the more you spend the greater the points.

46 minutes ago, etual324 said:

Will the Ironing board and Iron be available ??

If they are closing the guest laundry room, there would be no access to ironing facilities either.  Their goal is to prohibit gathering in that small area.

6 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

I would imagine they would bring you one if you needed it.

Probably not...irons are considered a fire hazard.  The laundry rooms had no flammable items; suites have all sorts of soft goods that could quickly burn.  Also, bringing your own iron onboard is prohibited for the same reason.