Extending FCC sail by date

JJG99

Our FCC from a cruise cancelled by Princess in March 2020, says that we have to apply it and sail by 1st May 2022. We are wanting to book a couple of Princess cruises from the 2022-2023 Australia/NZ itineraries being released on Tuesday for Elite members. The cruises we are interested in are for September and October 2022.

Has anyone tried to/or had success at extending the sail by date, and if so how did you do it??

Thanks for your insight, in advance.

Jenny

32 minutes ago, JJG99 said:

Our FCC from a cruise cancelled by Princess in March 2020, says that we have to apply it and sail by 1st May 2022. We are wanting to book a couple of Princess cruises from the 2022-2023 Australia/NZ itineraries being released on Tuesday for Elite members. The cruises we are interested in are for September and October 2022.

Has anyone tried to/or had success at extending the sail by date, and if so how did you do it??

Thanks for your insight, in advance.

Jenny

In a Princess webinar yesterday the subject of extending FCCs was discussed. Their answer was that extensions are considered on a case by case basis. They said to contact them through your booking source or if booked directly to call them. They seemed willing to extend the book & sail by date to that of the 2/24/21 pause...12/31/22.

So contact them with your reasonable request & hopefully they’ll grant your extension.

We were very disappointed when our September 2020 cruise around Australia in 30 days was canceled & hope to have another opportunity sometime in the future. 🤞

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Anyone had any experience with Celebrity extending FCC? We have a purchased FCC deposit that expires in may 21 and obviously will not be using it by then.

Call them and ask. My friends did and had theirs extended 

15 hours ago, gmjc2 said:

Thanks for the advise. I hate calling these guys and waiting on the hold only to be told I am not sure if we can do that. But i guess I will take a deep breath and give it a try.

Ask your question on the Celebrity Cruise Critic forum.

UPDATE

Spoke to Princess Australia and our sail by date was pushed back to 31st December 2022.

I have been able to booked 2 extended cruises (35n and 28n) on the 2022-2023 Coral Princess Aust./NZ launch and was able to apply the FCC's as the deposit on both cruises- so no actual cash was tied up.

A win/win outcome!!

Thanks for your advise,

Jenny

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Astro Flyer said:

From today’s Princess webinar...all FCCs will have a 12/31/22 book & sail by date. It will take a few weeks to update all of the FCCs which were scheduled to expire on 5/1/22. 👍

6D6376A9-8070-4988-84E7-CA9C0B80FDBB.png

Thank you for sharing!

I just listened to the Princess webinar and was very happy about this news.  They did say that it may take until mid-April to see the new dates so don't worry if you still see the May dates for a while in the CP.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tak8 said:

My PVP was able to move my date.  With all the cancellations, I think Princess will be flexible for a while. 

They have been flexible with individual extension requests however soon the 5/1/22 date will be extended for all passengers until 12/31/22.