Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

5 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Is that why one of the shore trips is a day out in Lisbon? Its showing as available to buy in my planner!! I was thinking, that is a long detour from Liverpool and Belfast!! 

I’ve noticed that too. Yes, Lisbon was one of the ports when it was an 11 night Canary Islands cruise. You’re right, it certainly would be quite a detour now! 😁

Hello. Looking at a UK Anthem cruise in October but confused by the PCR testing.  Understand its complimentary and see lots of you on here went to testing centres for these.  I live in Salisbury, Wiltshire, where would I have to travel to?

Also can you provide your own test and if so which companies are acceptable? Online chat has not been helpful just saying I'd get instructions but I'm a belt and braces man and like clarity!

Thanks.

15 minutes ago, Megabear2 said:

Hello. Looking at a UK Anthem cruise in October but confused by the PCR testing.  Understand its complimentary and see lots of you on here went to testing centres for these.  I live in Salisbury, Wiltshire, where would I have to travel to?

Also can you provide your own test and if so which companies are acceptable? Online chat has not been helpful just saying I'd get instructions but I'm a belt and braces man and like clarity!

Thanks.

This is where the eurofins sites are. You will get an email to book or rcl will give you obc of 140 us dollars to pay for your own., Boots etc. Three days before cruise.

https://www.eurofins.co.uk/pcr-testing-kits/eurofins-sample-return-points/

Other testing should be acceptable - we've just used Boots for a PCR test for a Celebrity cruise leaving tomorrow as we've no Eurofins testing sites near us. Ironically they send it off to be tested by Eurofins anyway!
Celebrity refund the test cost, looks like Royal will add onboard credit that is refundable if not used.

5 hours ago, Fenton1970 said:

We’re on the Anthem the 5th of September sailing and are just wondering whether there are still “formal” nights on board or whether it’s just smart casual?

I’ll be sailing on Anthem on Monday (6 nights), they have confirmed there will be 2 formal nights 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Thanks.

Try this site 

https://www.covid19testing.eu/en-gb/

since my cruise on 7th August, I notice Asda has been added as a testing site for where I live, so hopefully if they extend that across the UK more people will be close to a testing centre.

Edited by smokey01

2 hours ago, smokey01 said:

Try this site 

https://www.covid19testing.eu/en-gb/

since my cruise on 7th August, I notice Asda has been added as a testing site for where I live, so hopefully if they extend that across the UK more people will be close to a testing centre.

Pleased to see Asda has been added, from your link it looks like we will now have one in Cornwall which will suit us.

On 8/19/2021 at 11:56 AM, BigRoger said:

Ok so apologies upfront folks as this is a rant…. But why oh why could they not sort themselves out with this while they have been off sailing….. I know it’s a regular topic but @@@@@ chair hogs… RC have some very nice signs… ‘no reserving of chairs’….. they also have spotters ‘watching’…..

but we are on Anthem right now…. In the solarium…. Very nice sunny day and solarium is packed and constantly poor people looking for deck chairs…. 

well literally right next to us…. Family of 3 older people arrived at 9.45am…. Placed some towels and books and went…. No problem if just grabbing some breakfast and coming back reasonably soon…. But no 11.45am they came back….. they had been and done other activities…..

it’s just disgraceful…. Human beings have no @@@@@ shame and are just horribly selfish… the amount of people we saw who really wanted chairs this morning has been huge…. 

they’ve now gone in the pool/ jacuzzi.. wonder how long they stick around for…..

at one level I dont blame them (yes of course I do as they are @@@@) but if RC are not going to enforce their own rules then anarchy prevails…. The ‘watcher’ walked past every 15 mins and is actually stood permanently only 10 yards away…. He can see no one has used the chairs…. It’s just better for him to ignore it…..

again sorry it’s a rant but it’s just bad……. For everyone except the @@@@ family who got what they wanted

On Anthem in rainy Greenock, solarium, pool attendant removing towels from unoccupied  beds

• Like 4

21 hours ago, beardedladies said:

Other testing should be acceptable - we've just used Boots for a PCR test for a Celebrity cruise leaving tomorrow as we've no Eurofins testing sites near us. Ironically they send it off to be tested by Eurofins anyway!
Celebrity refund the test cost, looks like Royal will add onboard credit that is refundable if not used.

Can anyone advise a bit more about this and how we can ensure they will accept test from other places and will pay back? I can do a test 10mns drive away from home for £120 rather than over 1h in bad traffic for Eurofins. It means being able to go during my lunchtime rather than taking an afternoon off. I want to be absolutely sure I get the money back though!

1 hour ago, Cool1054 said:

There is a post on another website claiming they spoke with the Head of Windjammer. They said the Windjammer will be open for Dinner starting Monday 23rd. They also said 2,500 would be onboard. 

This was actually me who spoke to the head waiter in the windjammer lol!

So I can confirm that is indeed what he told me.

He said the dining rooms alone would not be able to cope with the increased number of guests. The dining rooms have been busy this cruise (I think we have somewhere between 1500 and 1700 guests onboard) but service has been impeccable.

He said the windjammer was opened for dinner a couple of cruises ago but with the numbers on board at that stage the overall food waste was just far too much - I suppose you have to prep a minimum amount to service the dining rooms and windjammer menus , regardless of numbers.

Not sure what the numbers are on future cruises so could not say whether the windjammer will be open for dinner on those- i would guess it will remain dependent on numbers each cruise.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, sowhat said:

On Anthem in rainy Greenock, solarium, pool attendant removing towels from unoccupied  beds

Are you having a good time? I'm looking at one in early Oct, its such a good price, especially with my fcc

7 minutes ago, sgmn said:

Are you having a good time? I'm looking at one in early Oct, its such a good price, especially with my fcc

We are currently on Anthem.

Having a fabulous cruise- one of our best - irrespective of weather.

Crew are amazing , food best ever , if I had the time I would book another in October myself.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

, if I had the time I would book another in October myself.

One of the joys of my newly acquired retirement status 😄

Glad you're having a good time.  With Anthem set up for cool weather cruising , the shows and yummy food it's a perfect ship for an  October round Britain cruise.

We're on Celebrity next Saturday,  our first Celebrity cruise so fingers crossed for good weather 

Edited by sgmn

36 minutes ago, Trixie21 said:

We are currently on Anthem.

Having a fabulous cruise- one of our best - irrespective of weather.

Crew are amazing , food best ever , if I had the time I would book another in October myself.

Hello, I’m glad you’re enjoying the cruise.   We follow in a few weeks.   RCI told me the outdoor pool is heated, are they correct?

Thank you.  

Guest BigRoger
1 hour ago, sowhat said:

Sod’s law prevails….. because it’s so miserable today we decided to have a morning reading in the cabin! Just ventured out for lunch and quiz’s!

just to echo posts from others…. The cruise has been awesome…. Very little difference from a ‘normal’ pre pandemic cruise… the staff have been fantastic and the entertainment totally brilliant (almost too much of it)….. 

we saw some members of the WWRY cast ‘in concert’ last night…. Fantastic stuff…. And the outfit and shoes of the lovely and incredible lady who plays scaramouche was truly something to behold…. 

3 hours ago, ententecordiale said:

The windjammer is indeed showing as open evenings on the app for the 5th Sept cruising.

It was showing as open in the evenings for my 7th august cruise prior to sailing but it wasn’t open. We had only 1100 on board though, do you know how many are on the 5th?