Anthem UK cruises in the summer?

4 hours ago, gavvy said:

How accurate is the ship plan on Royal Caribbean's site?  I have been allocated a room on the 13th floor and according to the map it looks to have a slightly bigger balcony than a standard balcony room, it is showing as a standard room though.

Also is the 13th deck bad?  It seems very high up and looks like the room is under a hot tub!

We were allocated deck 13 but I didn’t like the overhang so I moved to another deck on a same category cabin. 

Those of you who had people in your travel party who had to get the antigen test at port, was the "resigtration" for that just the QR code that came from the trustone email address (and has a link to go into eurofins and book your pcr test)?   You didn't have to scheduel a certian time or anything?

(the rockstar agent who just spent nearly two hours on the phone with me thinks that is it, and it seems like it might well be, and PHEW if it is, but I would like

to hear from someone familiar with the UK cruises to confirm.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, *Fudge* said:

We were allocated deck 13 but I didn’t like the overhang so I moved to another deck on a same category cabin. 

I called and they said it was £300 to move. Think I will stay where I am. 

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not usually other than the large overhang from above. If an exact category cabin is available, you may consider moving to a lower deck.

Because I had a Guarantee room they won't let me change unless I change to a normal room and that will cost a few hundred. So I think I will give royal up a go or just put up with what I've got. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gavvy said:

Because I had a Guarantee room they won't let me change unless I change to a normal room and that will cost a few hundred. 

Call back (perhaps a couple of times) and don't mention the GTY booking - once assigned, moving cabins to another in the same exact category should be doable.

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Call back (perhaps a couple of times) and don't mention the GTY booking - once assigned, moving cabins to another in the same exact category should be doable.

OK thanks. Problem was it took Me 90 mins to get through... May call again tomorrow. 

Am not too worried. October in UK is not normally sitting out door weather anyway so the balcony may not get much use

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

It isn't allowed for UK bookings unfortunately unlike when booked in other countries

50 minutes ago, ukrccl_a said:

It isn't allowed for UK bookings unfortunately unlike when booked in other countries

Ah that be why then.

I m not too bothered really, I have given royal up a go for a large balcony room, but if that don't win then I will accept what I paid for!

I don't see me spending much time in the room anyway and it is mid ship location so that's not too bad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gavvy said:

I called and they said it was £300 to move. Think I will stay where I am. 

I contacted RC after they assigned cabin number, I did book direct with them and I’m in the U.K.  They let me change to a cabin of the same category with no extra charge.  I did a dummy booking to see what cabins we available.  Maybe I was just lucky  👍🏻 

Edited by *Fudge*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, *Fudge* said:

Does anyone know if the solarium bistro is open in the evenings now? My cruise planner is allowing me to book in the evening.

Certainly on the 3 Cruises we have been on her in July and August it was not open, it allowed us to book on the Royal App but had a phone call to the cabin 24hrs before and said it was not opening due to the reduced guest capacity, we are on again on Sunday for another B2B but not expecting it to be open.

Someone on the ship at the moment reported that Izumi had reopened after it closed two weeks ago and the Bistro definitely wasn’t open for lunch or dinner.

Hard to tell but the 9th Oct sailing may be a busy one, interior has sold out and the prices have jumped a bit overnight.

Not sure if that is reliable guide but it figures the sailing I am on will be busy haha

54 minutes ago, ententecordiale said:

Is main dinning the only option for the evening? We're really not keen on service table, and there's so much activities we want to do at that time, we'd much prefer picking something up quickly but not all too unhealthy!

Sadly very little. You have the cafe at two 70, think it shuts at 5pm. The cafe next to pizza shop has a couple of sandwiches all night.   You can get some sandwiches or a salad in two70 and put in your room cooler. Other then that its the old pizza or the pub for bar bites. Or room service. 

8 hours ago, gavvy said:

Hard to tell but the 9th Oct sailing may be a busy one, interior has sold out and the prices have jumped a bit overnight.

Not sure if that is reliable guide but it figures the sailing I am on will be busy haha

We’re on that sailing too. I think it will be busier as a lot of the pax, like us, will be ones that were booked on the original cruise on that date which was an 11 nighter to the Canaries. We’ll be fighting for sunbeds in the solarium unless a miracle occurs and we get some good weather lol. 

58 minutes ago, CaroleC said:

We’re on that sailing too. I think it will be busier as a lot of the pax, like us, will be ones that were booked on the original cruise on that date which was an 11 nighter to the Canaries. We’ll be fighting for sunbeds in the solarium unless a miracle occurs and we get some good weather lol. 

We were scheduled on this cruise and cancelled as our TA was cancelled by Royal.   The app still says we're sailing and I haven't gotten all my money refunded.   Royal does confirm that they have us as cancelled.   So when looking at available cabins ours still shows as unavailable.   If there are others like us it would give a false sense of how many passengers on board and cabins actually available. 

We are vegetarian and restricted on fish types as well which is why we love the Windjammer for dinner.

Does anyone know if there is just one vegetarian option for dinner in the MDR and if that is not suitable will they manage to produce something else (such as an omelette or similar).?

2 minutes ago, steveso said:

We are vegetarian and restricted on fish types as well which is why we love the Windjammer for dinner.

Does anyone know if there is just one vegetarian option for dinner in the MDR and if that is not suitable will they manage to produce something else (such as an omelette or similar).?

There is always a vegetarian option plus ask for the Vegan menu.  Dh does and it changes daily.  I've chosen items from it and I'm not a vegetarian.