CB is in PE Today

Daniel A

Currently, she is at anchor off the coast of Fort Lauderdale. Hope she stays in the area and begins to do her "test" voyages soon.  We are ready and able to drive down the hours drive to be a part of getting this show on the road/sea.

Go to the link in post #1 and then scroll down to the area which shows other port cams and click on the one for Fort Lauderdale Hilton web cam.  This one pans from right to left and if you look at the furthest right portion of the pan, there are two ships at anchorage at the time of this writing.  The one on the left, or northern position, is the CB and if you zoom in you can definitely tell it's her and see Skywalkers on the aft of the ship. 

Edited by Grego
Updated information.
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Grego said:

Currently, she is at anchor off the coast of Fort Lauderdale. Hope she stays in the area and begins to do her "test" voyages soon.  We are ready and able to drive down the hours drive to be a part of getting this show on the road/sea.

Go to the link in post #1 and then scroll down to the area which shows other port cams and click on the one for Fort Lauderdale Hilton web cam.  This one pans from right to left and if you look at the furthest right portion of the pan, there are two ships at anchorage at the time of this writing.  The one on the left, or northern position, is the CB and if you zoom in you can definitely tell it's her and see Skywalkers on the aft of the ship. 

Stayed at the Hilton for a couple nights in December. Had the pleasure of watching the Celebrity Reflection hang out all day. Part pleasure and part pain. 

3 hours ago, Grego said:

I looked at it.  Such a sad, eerie sight to see. 😢 Better days are coming. 😉 

Edited by Daniel A

10 hours ago, rwilk1129 said:

We are booked on her for May 15 cruise. I know it is a long shot but I sure hope we get to sail her. It's been too long on land.

I don't think it is as long a shot as folk might say it is.  Princess is still banking on her sailing on time and is reading the ship and crew to go through protocol trials at sea.  Being the eternal optimist that I am and also have the same booking as you are, I am ready to be called to drive down the hour it takes me to be part of the preparations if need be.

Keep the faith and we'll see you on board the 15th.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Today is Sunday. Web cam shows 2 cruise ships in port. Pre-covid around 10+ ships in port on a Sunday. Sad. 

Seabourn Odyssey is the only cruise ship in there at the moment.  The other ships are tankers, container or dredgers.

The Caribbean Princess that was in port briefly a couple of days ago, anchored off the Fort Lauderdale coast yesterday is on her way to the Bahamas.........again.

11 minutes ago, Grego said:

Seabourn Odyssey is the only cruise ship in there at the moment.  The other ships are tankers, container or dredgers.

The Caribbean Princess that was in port briefly a couple of days ago, anchored off the Fort Lauderdale coast yesterday is on her way to the Bahamas.........again.

I just checked again, early this morning, NieuwStatendam was also there.  It's still there now.  

18 hours ago, Daniel A said:

I just checked again, early this morning, NieuwStatendam was also there.  It's still there now.  

Not sure what source you are looking at, but Marine Traffic site showed only the Odyssey there yesterday and still there today.  The Coral Princess has docked at terminal 2 to get provisions and most likely fuel.

I show Nieuw Statendam anchored off of Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas along with the Caribbean Princess, other Carnival ships, RCI and Celebrity ships as well.

Edited by Grego
Add information

17 hours ago, voljeep said:

is Princess Cay being used by the crew ?

It was early on so I would guess they still use it or the Carnival site since they can't go ashore in any of the ports at this stage.

25 minutes ago, Grego said:

Not sure what source you are looking at, but Marine Traffic site showed only the Odyssey there yesterday and still there today.  The Coral Princess has docked at terminal 2 to get provisions and most likely fuel.

I show Nieuw Statendam anchored off of Stirrup Cay in the Bahamas along with the Caribbean Princess, other Carnival ships, RCI and Celebrity ships as well.

Yes, this morning Coral is tied up where NieuwStatendam was on Sunday.  It was still showing in PE at the time I wrote my response.  I was watching the live camera at PTZ TV and she was showing on the live webcam.