Deck guarantee.

janecambridge

We have been offered a guarantee cabin, something we wouldn’t normally accept.But this is for the cabin, B4 on a particular deck.There are only 2 of those cabins on that deck.Does this mean it would be on of them or could we be put on another deck? Thank you.

36 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

We have been offered a guarantee cabin, something we wouldn’t normally accept.But this is for the cabin, B4 on a particular deck.There are only 2 of those cabins on that deck.Does this mean it would be on of them or could we be put on another deck? Thank you.

Could you clarify? Guarantees don't usually specify the deck (at least in my experience). Is it possible you had already booked a guarantee and are being offered a choice of 2 cabins on the specified deck?

If that's what's happening...grab the cabin you like immediately.

2 hours ago, janecambridge said:

It is through an agent with block bookings.

We have not booked a guarantee this time or ever. I have never heard of anyone who had been given a deck guarantee. 

If that is the case, it is the caribe deck, and I assume you are speaking about a Grand Class ship, then there are only two B4 cabins. Have the T.A. assign you one.

Twice when booking within a month of the cruise date  I have been given a deck guarantee for a balcony  once forward and once aft. Both times I was assigned a midship balcony on the same deck as the guarantee. Both were decks with cabins above and below. The second time was in 2019.

10 hours ago, skynight said:

If that is the case, it is the caribe deck, and I assume you are speaking about a Grand Class ship, then there are only two B4 cabins. Have the T.A. assign you one.

I assume it is a GTY because both are already booked. Thus the TA cannot assign one.

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Then I am totally puzzled. If there are only two B4 cabins on deck 10 and both are already booked then how could you be promised one? 

does "booked" mean the TA has a hold on those specific cabins, and just not 'assigned' them yet ?

13 minutes ago, janecambridge said:

That’s why I’m asking if this has happened before. Seems odd to me. There are balcony cabins I definitely don’t want and would therefore not book guarantee. 😱

Comments here are only speculation of the discussion between you and the TA. You have to speak with them. We always use a TA. We select cabins that we like and our TA has always come through.

I think this discussion has gone in circles and off the beam a bit.  Princess can elect to sell any category of cabin they choose for marketing purposes.  If all cabins of that category have been assigned, then you are in line for something in a higher category.  Of course, should any of the booked assigned cabins become available, they can be assigned to any GTY reservation in the System. 

Although you may be looking at cabins on a particular deck in the Princess website, or click on a particular deck plan and then pick a guarantee, you are not guaranteeing that particular deck - you are only GTY in a cabin category.

The only thing you know is that Princess can assign you nothing lower in category.  You will eventually be assigned a cabin in the GTY category or higher.  Just be aware that some of the cabins that Princess deems better than your chosen category may not be desirable to you personally.

Once you have been assigned a cabin in a category, you are able to contact Princess (or via TA if using one) and you can change to any other cabin in the same category if there are others unassigned.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, voljeep said:

does "booked" mean the TA has a hold on those specific cabins, and just not 'assigned' them yet ?

A TA can not hold a specific cabin without guest names followed by deposit .

Guarantee's or for a specific category or better to be assigned by the cruise line .

I was a TA for many years , booking only cruises . Never heard of a Deck Guarantee ?

• Thanks 1

After days of my agent trying to confirm that she was originally told a deck was included in the guarantee,.Princess has come back and said no deck is guaranteed.Which I knew but my agent was told it was.When my agent told me the good news, I asked them to reconfirm as I have never heard of a deck guarantee before.I came on here to find out if this was a new thing.Thank you for your feedback.

The deck was dolphin and an aft luxury balcony.What is left is not good enough, corner cabin with smaller balcony and a beam.I don't want that.I don't want cabin over Club fusion either.Im not paying good money for a cabin that isn't as goods others.Now looking at Caribe balcony cabin as have big balconies.                

Hope it hasn't wasted your time.Thanks.