Expiration of cruisenext certificates

njpln

I’m not sure if this was covered anywhere, but we had bought cruisenext certificates in 2019 that will be expiring in 2023. Obviously, due to Covid, we’ve lost at least 15 months worth of cruising… Does anyone know if Norwegian will extend the expiration on the certificates?

They have NOT extended anything other than those expiring this year. If you have 2023 certificates, don't expect any extensions. 

February 10, 2021

Dear Valued Guests,

Our Guests First philosophy puts you at the heart of every decision, which is why during
these extraordinary times we are doing our part to provide you with peace of mind
however and whenever we can. 

As such, today, I am proud to announce an extension for all active Future Cruise Credits,
CruiseNext and CruiseFirst certificates that currently have an expiry date prior to
December 31, 2021. This extension now adjusts the ‘book by’ date for these credits and
certificates until December 31, 2021, all while remaining towards any sailings through
December 31, 2022 or original sailing date on your certificate, if later. Our hope is that
the extension of our ‘book by’ date will reassure and inspire you to transform your
destination daydreams into vacation reality.

It goes without saying that our first priority is always your health, safety, security and
well-being so I encourage you to read all about the good work we are doing at
www.ncl.com/book-with-confidence.

I hope you and your friends and family will join me very soon in exploring the world in the
safety and comfort of an amazing Norwegian Cruise Line ship.

If you have questions or would like to redeem your discount, please contact your Travel
Advisor, call us at (866) 234-7350 or visit us at www.ncl.com.

Until then,
Harry Sommer
President & CEO
Norwegian Cruise Line

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
56 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Yeah it is a real poor treatment of the most loyal customers to not extend the certificates for the same amount of time they were shut down and not available for redemption.

Actually it is REALLY poor treatment BUT one can always email crusienxt@ncl.com and request a one-time extension.

6 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Actually it is REALLY poor treatment BUT one can always email crusienxt@ncl.com and request a one-time extension.

I wonder how many people are in my boat.  Got canceled, got an extension, about to be canceled again.  Hopefully, NCL will make an exception from its "extend one time" rule.