Cancellations

cjmx

For all those May, and April booked, paid in full cruises did Royal have the e-check in open for you even though they cancelled your cruise soon after?

Reason, why i am asking, i have a large party booked for a june cruise leaving Bayonne in June, E-check in in now open,  I have paid inn Full, but why should i go thru all  the trouble of checking in all my whole party when they are just going to cancel it, anyways 

Or, if i am being optimistic, which i would like to be, should i see the E-check in being open as a good sign, yes....

3 minutes ago, cjmx said:

For all those May, and April booked, paid in full cruises did Royal have the e-check in open for you even though they cancelled your cruise soon after?

Reason, why i am asking, i have a large party booked for a june cruise leaving Bayonne in June, E-check in in now open,  I have paid inn Full, but why should i go thru all  the trouble of checking in all my whole party when they are just going to cancel it, anyways 

Or, if i am being optimistic, which i would like to be, should i see the E-check in being open as a good sign, yes....

Check in has been available for every one of my cancelled cruises. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Check in has been available for every one of my cancelled cruises. 

Not only has check in been available, on one of my earlier cancellations, the app would let me know what port we were in every day, and give me a schedule of events; looking at this while at work was really rubbing salt in an open wound!!🤣

• Like 1

We are booked on the 6/18 sailing out of Bayonne. Just read an article in Forbes Magazine that states that RCL will begin cruising 6/12 with fully vaccinated passengers over the age of 18 and covid negative for under the age of 18.  The RCL website does not state that, so who knows if it is true.  I am crossing my fingers, but I'm guessing it will probably still cancel.

9 minutes ago, TraditionalSiamese said:

We are booked on the 6/18 sailing out of Bayonne. Just read an article in Forbes Magazine that states that RCL will begin cruising 6/12 with fully vaccinated passengers over the age of 18 and covid negative for under the age of 18.  The RCL website does not state that, so who knows if it is true.  I am crossing my fingers, but I'm guessing it will probably still cancel.

That simply lists the first sailing date that is currently available to book.  The earlier June sailing (June 6) is unavailable as it is a Canada / NE cruise. They also had the date wrong as Oasis sails June 11 not 12. 

24 minutes ago, TraditionalSiamese said:

I imagine the 6/12 sailing posted in the Forbes article is the Adventure out of Nassau

• Like 1

i feel somewhat abused. they  took our down payments, excursion money and full payments and keep them afloat. They they cancel at the last minute---- just to great high demand and high prices for a last minute cruise .

i am all for supporting Royal, but i really feel scammed.  

I truly believe they know if they will be cruising in June!!!  Especially with the Adventure Out. I bet all June will be cancelled and a whole new group of ships with last minute bookings allowed will be avalble, while this whole time i have been attempting to show support, hmph...

6 minutes ago, cjmx said:

i feel somewhat abused. they  took our down payments, excursion money and full payments and keep them afloat. They they cancel at the last minute---- just to great high demand and high prices for a last minute cruise .

I truly believe they know if they will be cruising in June!!!  Especially with the Adventure Out. I bet all June will be cancelled and a whole new group of ships with last minute bookings allowed will be avalble, while this whole time i have been attempting to show support, hmph...

Get in line. 🤣

4 minutes ago, cjmx said:

I absolutely understand your frustration.  We look at it differently.  We booked a cruise during a global pandemic and booked it with hope but also knowing full well that cancellation was probable.  The price we paid was actually much lower than normal summer prices.  With the Lift and Shift option, we figure if it cancels and we shift it to next year, we will get a great deal. 

• Like 2

well, maybe when you booked, but the prices i paid were more than i typically paid, but i  was  okay with that  because I knew Royal was struggling.. I truly thought by the summer, or hoped cruising would be close.  Oasis is on its way to Freeport, they will probably start a new itinerary from there, thus deleting all bookings in June . 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TraditionalSiamese said:

I absolutely understand your frustration.  We look at it differently.  We booked a cruise during a global pandemic and booked it with hope but also knowing full well that cancellation was probable.  The price we paid was actually much lower than normal summer prices.  With the Lift and Shift option, we figure if it cancels and we shift it to next year, we will get a great deal. 

We did the same and ended up with some great deals, including two (one Royal, one Celebrity) four-nighters in a balcony for $700 total (per cruise).  One of them even has a drink package included.  One five-nighter for the same price, a six- and a seven- night for $1,000.  We do know that those days are more than likely over and we will be paying considerably more in the future.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cjmx said:

well, maybe when you booked, but the prices i paid were more than i typically paid, but i  was  okay with that  because I knew Royal was struggling.. I truly thought by the summer, or hoped cruising would be close.  Oasis is on its way to Freeport, they will probably start a new itinerary from there, thus deleting all bookings in June . 

It's disappointing for sure.  Where did you learn that Oasis is on the way to Freeport?  I'm stalking all things RCL and didn't see that info.

9 minutes ago, cjmx said:

Oasis will not be doing itineraries from Freeport, but the Adventure/Nassau announcement has confirmed (for me) that June cancellations are all but certain.

2 hours ago, cjmx said:

Your cruise is not happening. No way,no how. There would have been ni reason for royal to go through the hassle of scheduling  new cruises from Nassau if they were to restart in June in Bayonne. So although it's not officially cancelled,100%your cruise is cancelled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I used to do the check ins as soon as they were available.  After the first two or three cancellations, I got over it quickly.

Don’t feel bad, we are up to eight cancellations so far, and have run out of dates to shift any more to next year. No need for any more FCC’s so we’re just rolling the refunds forward to the next cruise on the list.

i just googled where is Oasis of the Seas and there is an active gps location for it. 

okay, yes your are right, but it was for a special graduation event and that week was the only week to celebrate.  If i know definitely it is cancelled i can then book a shore trip to somewhere .  I booked this in January so the prices were high! 

5 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Oasis will not be doing itineraries from Freeport, but the Adventure/Nassau announcement has confirmed (for me) that June cancellations are all but certain.

Thanks, I'm just hoping that my September 5th Oasis from Bayonne will be good to go.  Got 5+ months for things to improve.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cjmx said:

i just googled where is Oasis of the Seas and there is an active gps location for it. 

okay, yes your are right, but it was for a special graduation event and that week was the only week to celebrate.  If i know definitely it is cancelled i can then book a shore trip to somewhere .  I booked this in January so the prices were high! 

Congrats to your graduate!! That is exactly why we booked as well.  One graduating from HS and one from college.  It's disappointing, but we've had to postpone an incredible Paris/London trip celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, a 50th birthday celebration, and two other milestone birthday celebrations during this pandemic.  Can't wait until we can fully celebrate and if that means next summer, we will figure it out.  We just keep telling ourselves that this is a historical event, and while we didn't want to be a part of it, we are.  Just gotta keep hope alive!

• Like 1