Wait List Questions

ohmark

Currently on an O waitlist for Marina.  Have a guaranteed concierge cabin; on a wait list for a Penthouse 1.

Questions:

1.  What kind of order does O go to on the waitlist, when there is a cancellation. Earliest date, or what?

2.  Can specific suites be waitlisted or just a class?

3. When there is a cancellation, will the availability suddenly show on O's website or, instead, will O go to the waitlist, without the availability even showing up on the website.

4. Must you have a reservation for a cabin, before being waitlisted for a higher cabin?

5.  Any advice on clearing the waitlist?

Thanks

in the past  you had to have a deposit  to be on the priority waitlist

if you have deposited on a lower cabin class  just keep checking  to see if any PH suites come available  or ask your TA to watch for you & call ASAP  when you see an opening

You can always ask for a specific cabin but hat might lower your chances of getting a PH

I have only waitlisted once   when we were doing a B2B & wanted the same cabin 

my TA came through somehow  for us

I have waitlisted higher level suites several times.  I put deposit money down and each time the suite category cleared. 

I currently have a waitlist for a July 2022 cruise to Iceland.  I suspect I won't hear about it until final payment time, but you never know.  I did clear from #2 spot on the list to #1 spot last December. 

I'm willing to move my deposit elsewhere if something better comes up 

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I have only waitlisted once   when we were doing a B2B & wanted the same cabin 

my TA came through somehow  for us

Imagine that.😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, ohmark said:

Currently on an O waitlist for Marina.  Have a guaranteed concierge cabin; on a wait list for a Penthouse 1.

Questions:

1.  What kind of order does O go to on the waitlist, when there is a cancellation. Earliest date, or what?

2.  Can specific suites be waitlisted or just a class?

3. When there is a cancellation, will the availability suddenly show on O's website or, instead, will O go to the waitlist, without the availability even showing up on the website.

4. Must you have a reservation for a cabin, before being waitlisted for a higher cabin?

5.  Any advice on clearing the waitlist?

Thanks

There are two types of waitlist:

- "waitlist" (without any deposit payment)

- "priority waitlist" (with deposit payment)

As you have already booked on concierge and paid for deposit, you are on "priority waitlist".

1. If the following guests are on the waitlist queue

(A) On waitlist since January, no deposit

(B) On waitlist since February, with deposit so it is priority

(C) On waitlist since March, with deposit so it is priority

The order will be (B) > (C) > (A).

2. Do you mean a specific suite number?

3. I think it is "O go to the waitlist, without the availability even showing up on the website", but don't know if there's any exceptional cases.

4. Not necessary. As mentioned above, this is a (non-priority) waitlist, but you will have smaller chance, because all other priority waitlist guests will be in front of you.

5. If you are on "priority waitlist", O can let you know your position. If you are on non-priority waitlist, you will not be informed about your position.

18 minutes ago, travelbug2225 said:

If you are on the waitlist when the price is $2000 but then the price go up to $2500. Will you pay the new price or original price?  

One pays the price in effect when they clear waitlist.

One exception possibly being have a best price guarantee from an on board booking. Not certain that guarantee applies in this case.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

One pays the price in effect when they clear waitlist.

One exception possibly being have a best price guarantee from an on board booking. Not certain that guarantee applies in this case.

Thank you. Good to know. I thought you get original price when you first waitlist for. 

Also, only so many guarantees for each class. You can waitlist a bunch of specific cabins. A bigger deposit makes no difference. I would book directly with an O agent to get the best attention. They have sales meetings daily. .I have found mass market big agencies have a poor attiutde towards O . I have a feeling O in house may be difficult to deal with  .Beware of booking air with O. 2 disasterous experiences.

Am i the only one who thinks that cruise lines will not be able to sail with full occupancy when they restart? Is Oceania selling all their cabins or are they holding some back on the basis that they may be restricted to the number of pax that can board when they resume?  If they are selling all their cabins only to find out later that they will only be allowed to have 60% occupancy when they restart, never mind the "wait list" who will be on the "goodbye, it was nice to know you list".

1 hour ago, gerryuk said:

Am i the only one who thinks that cruise lines will not be able to sail with full occupancy when they restart? Is Oceania selling all their cabins or are they holding some back on the basis that they may be restricted to the number of pax that can board when they resume?  If they are selling all their cabins only to find out later that they will only be allowed to have 60% occupancy when they restart, never mind the "wait list" who will be on the "goodbye, it was nice to know you list".

According to FDR   a few months ago they will not be sailing full capacity for the first month or so  depending on the situation at that time

Not sure he mentioned a percentage or not  maybe  60%  but  it will depend on many approvals from Countries  that the ships may embark from & visiting

It is still early days  in the grand scheme of the  vaccine/virus

We just got out of lockdown a few weeks ago  & now back  into it again

will it ever end??