C & A Specialty Dining Benefit

12 hours ago, dswallow said:

I tried that on Freedom of the Seas at Giovanni's. They were nice enough there to bring me a wedge salad from Chops to replace it. I know tastes differ, but that just made me think I was chewing slimy oily tasteless almost-cooked fat. I forget what main dish I ordered, but a couple bites into it, and I simply left, never to return. I'm gonna miss not having a Sabor when going on Adventure of the Seas in June, though that's probably a good thing because 21 dinners at Sabor would not be good for my clothes packing. But I figured I'll just do Chops and Johnny Rockets while seeing how they worked the main dining room and Windjammer during the first cruise and then decide what to do for my 2nd and 3rd sailings. 🙂

So Royal is allowing you to have a B2B2B this June?

15 hours ago, dswallow said:

I tried that on Freedom of the Seas at Giovanni's. They were nice enough there to bring me a wedge salad from Chops to replace it. I know tastes differ, but that just made me think I was chewing slimy oily tasteless almost-cooked fat. I forget what main dish I ordered, but a couple bites into it, and I simply left, never to return. I'm gonna miss not having a Sabor when going on Adventure of the Seas in June, though that's probably a good thing because 21 dinners at Sabor would not be good for my clothes packing. But I figured I'll just do Chops and Johnny Rockets while seeing how they worked the main dining room and Windjammer during the first cruise and then decide what to do for my 2nd and 3rd sailings. 🙂

Got to get it extra crispy, if not it shows up like fatty flabby greasy  bacon.  Wash it down with a wedge salad and finish with the large ribeye.  Asparagus and Mac & cheese ... It is heat attack heaven.. And try to save room for the mud pie...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Kraft is comfort food. Nice and orange

http://www.goodeatsfanpage.com/abfp/abarticles/macarticle.htm

Andy Ozment, 21, a computer student at Georgia Tech - was brave enough to submit the One and Only Mac and Cheese Recipe.

Here it is: "Buy 1 box Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (It's the cheesiest!). Follow stovetop directions on the box. Add salt. The salt is the key."

The judges agreed. They ranked Ozment's dish a respectable No. 8.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Thanks 1

On 4/7/2021 at 8:15 PM, imola said:

Sounds like you know this ship.  We are booked to sail on the Liberty come July.  Have not been on her before.  Can you share the must see and do on this ship.   Thanks

"Only" been on Liberty 9 times so still a newbie (there are many that are in the 50-100+ range). Only thing I can say is that the Liberty is consistently inconsistent. What is great one week may be terrible the next (and vice-versa) even on a B2B.

Bring a baggy for when they have the white chocolate cranberry cookies (especially if you have kids). For some reason these tend to be better on Liberty than some of the other RCL ships I have been on. Been on some Liberty cruises where they had them 6 of the 7 days (either at the buffer or at Sorento's) and other cruises where it was only 2. Same with the soft oatmeal cookies which only occasionally show up (maybe once a trip versus he hockey-puck oatmeal cookies that are always out).

Even if you eat at a specialty restaurant, make sure to cruise through Windjammer as well. At least once a trip you will go "what the heck is that doing in Windjammer?". Some of the best rack-of-lamb I ever had on Liberty was in the Windjammer (and it was not the night it was served in Main dining). For what-ever reason, the quality of food is definitely dependent on which main Chef is on that trip (the Jamaican Chef is consistently good. The French and Indian one from the last 3 years, not so much). Finding out who the main Chef is is pretty much the first thing we do when we get on the ship.

Ice show varies from decent to good depending on the performers. You have to see it at least once regardless. The "in the air" is a do not miss just for 2 acts: the samba dancers and the aerialists. The rest of the acts in "in the air" are ho-hum. There have been 2 different couples for the samba dance and they have both been amazing. The aerialist from the Ukraine is world-class (my wife follows her on Facebook).

I absolutely hated Saturday Night Fever the 2 times I saw it but others (who are into the 70's) actually enjoyed it. Strictly a preference thing.  

Make sure to bring long thick socks and pants to go ice-skating. It used to be "just show up" but the last few cruises they started making you get a ticket before-hand. Who knows what it will be now. 

Enjoy your trip.

On 4/7/2021 at 8:15 PM, imola said:

Sounds like you know this ship.  We are booked to sail on the Liberty come July.  Have not been on her before.  Can you share the must see and do on this ship.   Thanks

Double-post.....

Edited by RockHoundTX
Dupe

On 4/9/2021 at 2:06 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Got to get it extra crispy, if not it shows up like fatty flabby greasy  bacon.  Wash it down with a wedge salad and finish with the large ribeye.  Asparagus and Mac & cheese ... It is heat attack heaven.. And try to save room for the mud pie...

Correct as it is essentially a slab of bacon which is high in fat content which gives it its flavor when cooked extra crispy.  Love bacon.