Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

4 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

If you are going to watch the sailaway, the Viking Sky will also be visible on the first webcam after leaving Skarfabakki Pier 312 while leaving the harbor.

Thank you Heartgrove, for giving us the sailaway experience!  Links and which cams to watch - much appreciated!

• Like 4

Future reference for those like me that enjoy watching ships. On July 11, the Viking Sky will be at the Skarfabakki 312 position on the pier, the same as today. The Viking Jupiter will be arriving that morning scheduled for 08:00 to dock at Skarfabakki 315. That is the position just forward of the Viking Sky. Both ships should be visible on the webcam. Once Viking Sky vacates the position 312, the Viking Jupiter will move from position 315 to position 312.

Jack

July 17-24 cruise

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveSJ711 said:

This morning we received the Covid test that’s required no more than 72 hours before we fly home. We went to a facility in downtown Reykjavik, and the test was a breeze — no line, in and out, and a negative result for each of us. Now we can fly back to Seattle on Tuesday to endure the worst heat wave in the region’s history. We’ll miss Iceland’s cool temperatures!

Thanks for your posts. It has been great to tour vicariously with you 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DaveSJ711 said:

This morning we received the Covid test that’s required no more than 72 hours before we fly home. We went to a facility in downtown Reykjavik, and the test was a breeze — no line, in and out, and a negative result for each of us. Now we can fly back to Seattle on Tuesday to endure the worst heat wave in the region’s history. We’ll miss Iceland’s cool temperatures!

Dave & Linda,

Thank you both for your posts.  Have a save trip back to Seattle.   And remember if we are ever on a future cruise together we owe you both a drink (or two) for giving us a preview of some of what we might expect in Iceland in a little over a week from now.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Dukefan said:

Dave & Linda,

Thank you both for your posts.  Have a save trip back to Seattle.   And remember if we are ever on a future cruise together we owe you both a drink (or two) for giving us a preview of some of what we might expect in Iceland in a little over a week from now.

I agree with @Dukefan. Only difference is we leave tomorrow and arrive in Iceland on June 29th. Bags are packed and boarding passes printed. We are ready for a very long travel day!

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Nice! 🏳️‍🌈 but it’s missing a indigo!

They ran out of room — design flaw! Look how the six stripes take up the entire street, from the planter box on the left to the curb on the right. No space to add a seventh stripe. Clay, you should have hired yourself out as the architect!

• Haha 2

On 6/25/2021 at 7:11 AM, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'll try to contact the official U.S. government agency about this question, and/or post in another section of Cruise Critic.  But just in case  someone knows the answer to this question here,  I'll give it a shot.  We recently renewed our U.S. passports.  I was wondering if Global Entry and TSA pre-check information electronically transfers to the new passports or if we have to do something to make that happen.  Would anybody happen to know?  Thanks.

When did you mail your passport renewal and how long did it take for you to get your new one? 

I sent mine in 4/22 and it is still " in process." I'm trying to change it to "expedited" to be able to go on this cruise in August.  I called them on Friday at 5 pm with the "call back" option.  They called back at 1 am Saturday from an "unknown number" so i didn't pick up.  Calling again Monday morning. 

I have a cabin on 24 hour hold that I will reserve if I can get my renewal expedited.  

Passport renewals are now apparently taking longer than a couple months ago.  

On 5/24/2021 at 10:46 AM, JeriGail said:

Here's another photo from one of the UK cruisers that was posted on the other site.  Viking removed the furs from the couches.

Hi, Just wanted to give you an update on what we encountered for our very recent Bermuda cruise on the Orion.   Furs were present, blankets, etc.    🙂   

20210619_152044.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddysmom10 said:

When did you mail your passport renewal and how long did it take for you to get your new one? 

I sent mine in 4/22 and it is still " in process." I'm trying to change it to "expedited" to be able to go on this cruise in August.  I called them on Friday at 5 pm with the "call back" option.  They called back at 1 am Saturday from an "unknown number" so i didn't pick up.  Calling again Monday morning. 

I have a cabin on 24 hour hold that I will reserve if I can get my renewal expedited.  

Fyi - our renewals took slightly more than three months. I did not request expedited service. Sent in early November and received early February.

And, as someone else noted, we needed to update Global Entry with the new passport information.

6 hours ago, DaveSJ711 said:

Are you flying Icelandair?  If so how was the temperature on the plane during the flight? We are flying from Seattle on July 19th and am wondering if we can wear some fleece lined pants so we’ll be warm enough when we land at 6:15 am.

Thanks, Carolyn

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cfgrandma said:

Are you flying Icelandair?  If so how was the temperature on the plane during the flight? We are flying from Seattle on July 19th and am wondering if we can wear some fleece lined pants so we’ll be warm enough when we land at 6:15 am.

Thanks, Carolyn

We flew in on June 14. Temps on the plane (Icelandair) were very comfortable. Just my opinion, but you’ll be far too warm if you wear fleece lined pants. It was cold outside the airport when we landed, but Reykjavik has warmed up considerably since then. You’ll roast just getting on the plane in Seattle if present temps are any indication! We’ve been following the extreme weather conditions and hoping for a cool down by the time we land Tuesday night!

12 hours ago, Buddysmom10 said:

We are in same boat. Applied for expedited service 5/24. Has been “in process” since 6/1.  We have another trip planned next week that may have to be canceled. You might want to contact your US Senator. Have heard that they can help but so far they haven’t been able to speed up our renewal. We also checked out going to a passport office for immediate renewal but unfortunately all appointments are filled and they are only accepting new appointments for life and death emergencies.

16 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

Tomorrow Viking Sky will be in Isafjordur. The 1st cruise pier is directly behind the Icelandic Coast Guard ship but the second one is not visible. The address for the webcam at Isafjordur is:

https://www.snerpa.is/allt_hitt/vefmyndavelar/Isafjordur_-_Sundahofn/

I think I see the sun in this port so hope they save some beautiful weather for those of us arriving for cruise #2😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VI_Lounger said:

I think I see the sun in this port so hope they save some beautiful weather for those of us arriving for cruise #2😎

And #3!  Surprised we don’t see more folks milling about. I guess most are on official excursions. 

1057DCFA-C556-4A7F-A5AD-2BC2EB243D23.png

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

And #3!  Surprised we don’t see more folks milling about. I guess most are on official excursions. 

1057DCFA-C556-4A7F-A5AD-2BC2EB243D23.png

Clay, I hope that they leave some some sun for you and that you pay it forward to those of us following behind you 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bardstowntraveller said:

We are in same boat. Applied for expedited service 5/24. Has been “in process” since 6/1.  We have another trip planned next week that may have to be canceled. You might want to contact your US Senator. Have heard that they can help but so far they haven’t been able to speed up our renewal. We also checked out going to a passport office for immediate renewal but unfortunately all appointments are filled and they are only accepting new appointments for life and death emergencies.

Very frustrating. 

Edited by librarylady19

45 minutes ago, ValarieDennis said:

Clay, I hope that they leave some some sun for you and that you pay it forward to those of us following behind you 😉

Deal!  Though accuweather forecast isn’t looking as good today as it did a couple of weeks ago for either of us 😢

B78B099A-D2DA-487E-87F5-0E285DAA05B7.jpeg