Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

15 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'll try to contact the official U.S. government agency about this question, and/or post in another section of Cruise Critic.  But just in case  someone knows the answer to this question here,  I'll give it a shot.  We recently renewed our U.S. passports.  I was wondering if Global Entry and TSA pre-check information electronically transfers to the new passports or if we have to do something to make that happen.  Would anybody happen to know?  Thanks.

I would think so as it's connected to your ss#

TSA PreCheck and Passport Renewal

If you do, you don't need to do anything when your passport is renewed. Your TSA PreCheck membership isn't tied to your passport number, so it will continue to be active no matter whether your passport is valid, cancelled, expired, or renewed.

Edited by FLORIDA FLOUNDER
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I'll try to contact the official U.S. government agency about this question, and/or post in another section of Cruise Critic.  But just in case  someone knows the answer to this question here,  I'll give it a shot.  We recently renewed our U.S. passports.  I was wondering if Global Entry and TSA pre-check information electronically transfers to the new passports or if we have to do something to make that happen.  Would anybody happen to know?  Thanks.

For Global Entry you need to update your passport information at the Trusted Traveler Website.  It is super easy.  https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov

• Like 4

A little more excited today as our luggage tags, cabin tags and person stickers (we are using Viking Air) for our cruise arrived this morning. I know a lot can happen in the next 6 weeks but its that old feeling I used to get when the tickets were once sent by post. On my first Cunard cruise many years ago (QE2) the tickets were sent in a Cunard wallet. Those days seem to be long gone with many cruise lines. Glad Viking marketing dept still thinks it's worthwhile to make people feel special.😀

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Doc who loves to travel said:

For Global Entry you need to update your passport information at the Trusted Traveler Website.  It is super easy.  https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov

I had trouble getting the website to accept my new information. It said I had to make an appointment to come in to have it done. As the closest office was three hours away, I called and a great CBP agent at the Charlotte airport told me to email her the new information and within an hour my new passport information was updated. 

Hope you won’t have the same issue but I know someone else on our rollcall did and was also able to resolve it over the phone rather than via an appointment. 

On 6/24/2021 at 5:53 AM, bardstowntraveller said:

You may also want to check out Squaremouth. We purchased a Covid policy through their website

I did check them out but their policies available to me covered Covid issues but not costs of quarantine…only the sunk costs (cruiseship which Viking says they will work with you to reimburse any unused time aboard) should I be quarantined. 

thanks anyway!

Edited by Clay Clayton

2 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

I had trouble getting the website to accept my new information. It said I had to make an appointment to come in to have it done. As the closest office was three hours away, I called and a great CBP agent at the Charlotte airport told me to email her the new information and within an hour my new passport information was updated. 

Hope you won’t have the same issue but I know someone else on our rollcall did and was also able to resolve it over the phone rather than via an appointment. 

Thank you to Doc for the reminder about Global Emtry and a new passport. It never crossed my mind to do that. Just updates ir now on the website without any issues. 

• Like 1

On 6/23/2021 at 9:40 PM, jeremybe said:

Same here -Paid approx $300 for insurance this week for our July 17 cruise - after speaking with a few different companies many do not cover quarantine at all - Trip interruption has to specifically state it . A few of the policies started that ‘if you are forced to quarantine’ you are covered - nothing about a covid test being required

But I couldn’t find any that covered the quarantine costs….only the costs of missed cruise days which Viking states they will work with us to cover.  

2 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Passport does not. See my response about the issue I had a couple of posts back. 

24 minutes ago, Queenie1603 said:

A little more excited today as our luggage tags, cabin tags and person stickers (we are using Viking Air) for our cruise arrived this morning. I know a lot can happen in the next 6 weeks but its that old feeling I used to get when the tickets were once sent by post. On my first Cunard cruise many years ago (QE2) the tickets were sent in a Cunard wallet. Those days seem to be long gone with many cruise lines. Glad Viking marketing dept still thinks it's worthwhile to make people feel special.😀

We're on the July 17 cruise, our own air - We have received absolutely nothing from Viking, other than the initial email confirmation from our booking- Are we missing something? Should we have received something?

Thanks!

1 minute ago, jeremybe said:

We're on the July 17 cruise, our own air - We have received absolutely nothing from Viking, other than the initial email confirmation from our booking- Are we missing something? Should we have received something?

Thanks!

I’d post this question on your roll call to see what other folks on your sailing have gotten. If they have, you might want to contact your travel agent as sometimes the package with tags goes to them. If you don’t have an agent then give Viking a call. 

10 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

But I couldn’t find any that covered the quarantine costs….only the costs of missed cruise days which Viking states they will work with us to cover.  

Thats really strange - The one I selected explicitly stated quarantine costs <I think> - This is all new so who really knows until they are tested -  We have Medjet which would cover medical - We only purchased the insurance for Quarantine/interruption

• Like 1

Just now, Clay Clayton said:

I’d post this question on your roll call to see what other folks on your sailing have gotten. If they have, you might want to contact your travel agent as sometimes the package with tags goes to them. If you don’t have an agent then give Viking a call. 

Thanks! Will do!

1 minute ago, jeremybe said:

Thats really strange - The one I selected explicitly stated quarantine costs <I think> - This is all new so who really knows until they are tested -  We have Medjet which would cover medical - We only purchased the insurance for Quarantine/interruption

They had ones we could buy that included quarantine as a covered reason for a trip to be interrupted but when Inread what was covered if interrupted, it appeared to me to only be prepaid costs. I may have read it wrong.  However, the cost for the two of us was getting pretty high so even if it said we will pay for a suite at the Four Seasons, I don’t know that we would purchase it. 😂. Hope we won’t regret it later!  

1 hour ago, Doc who loves to travel said:

Thanks for the heads up! We have just renewed our passports and I didn't even think about updating our Global Entry!

Domestic Restrictions in Iceland to Be Lifted Tomorrow  July 25, 2021

Vala Hafstað

All domestic COVID-19 restrictions will be lifted in Iceland, starting tomorrow, mbl.is reports. This was announced by the government of Iceland at a press conference, held at 11 am this morning. This will be the first time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic that no domestic restrictions apply.

At the press conference, it was furthermore announced that beginning July 1, travelers who arrive in Iceland and are able to present valid certificates of prior COVID-19 infection or of COVID-19 vaccination with vaccines approved by the European Medicines Evaluation Agency and/or by the World Health Organization, will no longer be tested for the coronavirus at the border. Starting July 1, children born 2005 or later will no longer be tested for COVID-19 at the border.

Travelers who cannot present certificates of vaccination or prior infection will have to present negative results of a PCR test, be tested at the border, spend five days in quarantine, and then be tested a second time.

The new rules at the border will be in effect until August 15.

At present, about 87 percent of Icelanders, aged 16 and older, have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine, while 60 percent are fully vaccinated.

At the press conference, Minister of Health Svandís Svavarsdóttir stated that Iceland is the first among Nordic countries to lift domestic restrictions, and possibly the first European state to do so. “Enjoy the summer, and thank you for this joint fight,” she added.

This means there will be no more mandatory use of masks, no social distancing rule, and no limits on the number of people allowed to gather. Fitness centers, swimming pools, stores, restaurants, night clubs and bars will be able to operate without restrictions.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

We use the InsureMyTrip website to research trip insurance.  It allows you to compare several options.  They say they have a tool for Covid coverage, but I don't think it's there yet. 

I had to read the Trip Interruption portion of the certificate of each policy to see if quarantine was specifically covered when you're not actually sick.  They do not all cover that.  Actually, the paragraph that covers this in ours looks like it was tacked on at the end of a long list.

That website also has a number to call to speak to an insurance agent who can help with questions.  I did this to verify I had a good option selected, and was glad I did.  The agent also reminded me that the policies vary by your state of residence, so a policy that works for one of us may not work for others.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Dukefan said:

Vala Hafstað

All domestic COVID-19 restrictions will be lifted in Iceland, starting tomorrow, mbl.is reports. This was announced by the government of Iceland at a press conference, held at 11 am this morning. This will be the first time since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic that no domestic restrictions apply.

At the press conference, it was furthermore announced that beginning July 1, travelers who arrive in Iceland and are able to present valid certificates of prior COVID-19 infection or of COVID-19 vaccination with vaccines approved by the European Medicines Evaluation Agency and/or by the World Health Organization, will no longer be tested for the coronavirus at the border. Starting July 1, children born 2005 or later will no longer be tested for COVID-19 at the border.

Travelers who cannot present certificates of vaccination or prior infection will have to present negative results of a PCR test, be tested at the border, spend five days in quarantine, and then be tested a second time.

At present, about 87 percent of Icelanders, aged 16 and older, have received at least one dose of COVID-19 vaccine, while 60 percent are fully vaccinated.

At the press conference, Minister of Health Svandís Svavarsdóttir stated that Iceland is the first among Nordic countries to lift domestic restrictions, and possibly the first European state to do so. “Enjoy the summer, and thank you for this joint fight,” she added.

This means there will be no more mandatory use of masks, no social distancing rule, and no limits on the number of people allowed to gather. Fitness centers, swimming pools, stores, restaurants, night clubs and bars will be able to operate without restrictions.

Wondering if this will have any implications for contract tracing and the related quarantining requirements? 

1 hour ago, jeremybe said:

Thanks!

Yes, you should have and it would be nice to receive it but, to set your mind at easy, there is nothing in the package that you must have in order to board the ship.

The red leather luggage tags and the round red stickers for the Viking transfer are nice to have but not required for anything.

The transfer agents at the airport will have blank embarkation luggage tags that you can write your name and cabin number on before you hand your bags over to to them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

For Global Entry, go online and update your passport number. It does not automatically transfer. TSA pre-check is included with Global Entry, so as long as you update the Global Entry info, TSA pre-check will work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jeremybe said:

Thanks!

We are on the 17th cruise also and have not received anything yet.  My TA called Viking yesterday about another question and was told they haven’t been mailed out yet. You should get tags etc by mail but documents  will be emailed. The mailed items will go to you or your TA if you are using one depending on which the TA requested. Ours will come directly to us. 

2 hours ago, jeremybe said:

Thanks!

And don't forget that the US and UK will almost certainly have different timetables for sending things out. 

I am on the cruise departure the week before Queenie1603 and also live in the UK but have yet to receive anything, but plenty of time so not concerned.

5 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Good question!  We renewed our passports over the past winter.  Your question sent me to our Global Entry account.  The new passport numbers and expiration dates were NOT changed or updated.  The edit process was fairly easy.  BTW, our driver's license information was also outdated.

3 hours ago, Dukefan said:

Vala Hafstað

Best news I've heard in a long long time!!! Thank you!!!🥳

• Like 3

5 hours ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

Hi. I believe that you need to go into your Global Entry account and update your passport information to connect your new passport number with your TSA known traveler number.