Iceland's Natural Beauty General - 2022

TayanaLorna

1 hour ago, temerarious said:

Thank you for your reply.  Sorry for additional post, but I just want to make sure I'm clear.  There is a liquid hand soap dispenser next to the bathroom SINK containing the body wash, correct?  (I just want to clarify that is not found solely in the shower.)

I just watched a Viking Venus cabin tour from one of the UK only cruises and could plainly see BAR soap at the sink.

4 hours ago, temerarious said:

Thank you for your reply.  Sorry for additional post, but I just want to make sure I'm clear.  There is a liquid hand soap dispenser next to the bathroom SINK containing the body wash, correct?  (I just want to clarify that is not found solely in the shower.)

In the bathrooms, Viking provide bars of soap and individual small bottles of body wash, shampoo, conditioner and lotion. Our cabin steward always left at least 2 of each bottle at all times, but you can always request more.

Unlike some of the mega ships that have installed soap/shampoo dispensers, Viking provide individual, small bottles that you can use at the sink or in the shower.

• Like 1

I thought I had seen some posts, but cant seem to find them - Was there ever a definitive answer on renting a car at the airport and dropping it off close to the port? We get in on Thursday AM and figured we would tour Thursday all the way through Sunday - Maybe park the car in the Port area (is that even possible??) - Did anyone find a car rental that has port or close to port drop off? Do hotels in the city center typically have parking? Does anyone know what port we are actually docking in? 

Vikings excursion or lack thereof situation has made this a pretty difficult trip to plan - For what its worth, we were told by Viking officially that the July 17 will be allowed to do their own excursions - With a caveat that of course this could change... I haven't seen Viking add any excursions on 7/17 and everything is 100% sold out even their included tours - I've seen so many other posters complaining about the excursion situation - Really surprised Viking isn't handling it better

22 minutes ago, jeremybe said:

Vikings excursion or lack thereof situation has made this a pretty difficult trip to plan - For what its worth, we were told by Viking officially that the July 17 will be allowed to do their own excursions - With a caveat that of course this could change... I haven't seen Viking add any excursions on 7/17 and everything is 100% sold out even their included tours - I've seen so many other posters complaining about the excursion situation - Really surprised Viking isn't handling it better

I suspect that they're worried about what will happen now that people are finding out that they can travel independently of Viking's excursions. Viking went out and reserved some number of slots at each vendor. But if people start to cancel then Viking will be left with partly full excursions which may force them to cancel some and shift people around. So perhaps they're hoping it'll balance out as people cancel while others who were locked out before buy up the cancelled tickets.

37 minutes ago, jeremybe said:

I thought I had seen some posts, but cant seem to find them - Was there ever a definitive answer on renting a car at the airport and dropping it off close to the port? We get in on Thursday AM and figured we would tour Thursday all the way through Sunday - Maybe park the car in the Port area (is that even possible??) - Did anyone find a car rental that has port or close to port drop off? Do hotels in the city center typically have parking? Does anyone know what port we are actually docking in? 

I am renting a car from Blue Car Rental at their city office near the Old Harbor area and returning it to their Keflavik Airport location. We pickup the car when we disembark on 7/24 and return it 7/31 to fly home. Not sure if they still have cars available for rental though as my last email to them they indicated being almost sold out for July.

14 hours ago, temerarious said:

Can anyone tell me if Viking Ocean has bar soap or liquid hand soap in the cabin bathroom?  (I typically pack liquid soap because I can't stand the bar soap, but last time I was on Celebrity, they changed to a liquid soap dispenser -  I'm hoping Viking offers it as well...)  Thanks in advance for your reply.

Just looked in my bathroom on the Sky and there is a bar of soap by the sink, but there is also Body Wash tube ( along with shampoo , conditioner, and Body lotion tubes ) on the shelf . So technically no liquid soap, but I would imagine the Body Wash would be an OK substitute. Not sure if there is a difference between the two .

29 minutes ago, minka34 said:

Skarfabakki norður – Reykjavík  - the sky is there now - 3rd window down:

https://www.faxafloahafnir.is/vefmyndavel-faxafloahafna/

If you are going to watch the sailaway, the Viking Sky will also be visible on the first webcam after leaving Skarfabakki Pier 312 while leaving the harbor.

Edited by Heartgrove
  • Like 5

30 minutes ago, Heartgrove said:

If you are going to watch the sailaway, the Viking Sky will also be visible on the first webcam after leaving Skarfabakki Pier 312 while leaving the harbor.

I just set an alarm soni don't miss it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jeremybe said:

Edit: Go to page 74, post #1831 and around there you'll see the discussion.  

This might give you the basics: 

I think that what someone said was that Enterprise will let you drop a car at the port location, but there's nobody there to receive it, and the person was reluctant to just leave it.  But I would try to call Enterprise (probably best to try to call local office) and ask them directly.  The dock location is within walking distance of the Enterprise location, so that seemed like a decent option to me, at least if you can drop luggage off with Viking before dropping car off.  Europcar may also be at the port, and we like Europcar a lot.  But I didn't research it, so don't know if it's actually there, and if so, if it is unattended. I saw mention somewhere of  Lagoon RentaCar at the port too, but know nothing more about that.  

Edited by IWantToLiveOverTheSea
add location of original discussion
  • Thanks 1

This morning we received the Covid test that’s required no more than 72 hours before we fly home. We went to a facility in downtown Reykjavik, and the test was a breeze — no line, in and out, and a negative result for each of us. Now we can fly back to Seattle on Tuesday to endure the worst heat wave in the region’s history. We’ll miss Iceland’s cool temperatures!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Heartgrove said:

That's at 2pm ET, right?

Watch in full screen mode and you can see people moving around the deck.

Edited by Peregrina651

2 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

That's at 2pm ET, right?

Correct. The pier is Skarfabakki - North. There may be a slight glimpse on the Skafabakki - Reykjavik camera as the Viking Sky maneuvers  into the channel. Then a port side view on the Moebakki (Old Harbor) - Reykjavik camera.