Constellation & Infinity - What's their future?

CretaMed88

We hope Constellation stays in the fleet.,..gets upgraded and cruises from Tampa as a  home port.  We had to lift and shift a Connie booking. We were disappointed but are  now booked on Reflection..newer ship.

• Like 2

We are booked on the Infinity March 2023 in South America and I was hoping they would be revolutionize before then. But who knows .We did the Panama Canal in 2018 on the infinity and we did enjoy the ship and size overall ! But it could definitely use a makeover!!

32 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There's nothing quite like the PH on those M class ships, so I would hate to see them go away.  The biggest drawback is the lack of specialty restaurants.  That could be remedied if they wanted to.

Yes, we had the PH on the Millie for Asia Oct/Nov 20. I love the aft decks on any ship, but the size of this one is unbelievable. It is like having your own private condo.

I spoke to the chief engineer on Constellation a couple of years ago and he said that the fuel burn of the M Class gas turbine engines is very high compared to S class and is one of the reasons why they will be phased out when the newer ships come on line. He actually quoted me some figures for the number of tons burned which were eye watering 

On 4/16/2021 at 10:40 PM, C-Dragons said:

We agree.

My response was about a “new ship”, not a destination.

Yes, one of the older ships will go to South America, wish it was either the Millie, Summit or one of the S class ships.

Both hold a special place for us, as 2 of our 3 Celebrity cruises were aboard them.  Pacific Coastal on the Infinity and Italy/Dalmatian Coast on Constellation.  Sure, they are old and don't have all the "frills" that the newer ships have, but we thoroughly enjoyed each cruise, and felt that they were very well maintained.  No complaints from us.