Using FCC by December 31, 2022

tert333

If you have a FCC available to be used by Dec 31, 2022, can you use it on a cruise that starts in 2022 and ends in 2023(eg a new years eve cruise)?

The wording is a bit ambiguous - "FCCs can be used on any sailing made by and sailed by December 31, 2022".   I am not an english major, but I could read it that you just need to start the sailing by December 31, or it has to have completely sailed by December 31.   

Thoughts?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

If you have a FCC available to be used by Dec 31, 2022, can you use it on a cruise that starts in 2022 and ends in 2023(eg a new years eve cruise)?

The wording is a bit ambiguous - "FCCs can be used on any sailing made by and sailed by December 31, 2022".   I am not an english major, but I could read it that you just need to start the sailing by December 31, or it has to have completely sailed by December 31.   

Thoughts?

The word and indicates to me that it is both booked and sailed. Otherwise,  I think it would be an "or". That's how I read it.

• Like 1

It says use by and sail by so your cruise should be completed by that date. 

however, call Princess and ask for an extension. Get it in writing. 

with all of these Pauses and no cruises available the cruise by dates should be Updated for all of us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, caribill said:

My interpretation is that the cruise must start by 12/31/2022.

My FCCs say "sail by", not complete voyage by that date.

Which is a good reason to call Princess, ask for an extension and get it in writing. I phoned once and did just that when told my cruise had to be completed by March 31, 2021. Different agents can mean different answers. 

Edited by dog

I called Princess today and they told me that as long as you embark on the trip by December 31, 2022, I could use the credit.  The person seemed quite knowledgeable and so I feel comfortable with his answer....

As soon as my 2021 California coastal gets cancelled, I will try apply to the cruise.(Also, have to wait for the 2022/2023 new years cruises gets posted)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tert333 said:

I called Princess today and they told me that as long as you embark on the trip by December 31, 2022, I could use the credit.  The person seemed quite knowledgeable and so I feel comfortable with his answer....

That is the logical answer and also how similar deadlines have been dealt with.  Princess is pretty fair and reasonable in my experience - both on and off the ships.

I think Princess and other lines will be a little flexible.  I had a COVID  cancelled FCC extended two weeks to cover a cruise in mid-May '22.  I had 1 in Pause 1 of cancellations and more after.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I think Princess and other lines will be a little flexible.  I had a COVID  cancelled FCC extended two weeks to cover a cruise in mid-May '22.  I had 1 in Pause 1 of cancellations and more after.

Agree, they have been treating us well in my opinion. Without a ship to cruise on from  mid March 2020 to sometime this summer 2021, extensions should not be a problem. I think calling Princess for extension & clarification is best way to set mind at ease. 

It was a no brainer to have Princess to change my FCC to a March 2023 sailing. Called and the gentleman had it done in just a few minutes. Now I just have to hope that they'll move mine from a SYD to SFO cruise to the 28day LA-LA.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Hobbes67 said:

I tried to get my FCC change to Mar 2023 cruises and was told NO.  Even talked to customer relations.  They said only for Australia cruises.

Same here, but for mid-February 2023 and only for a portion of the bonus FCC (less than $300/pp).

After an initial Summer 2020 cancellation, 3 rebookings that were all cancelled (2020, 2021 and 2022 itineraries), we are currently booked on a Spring 2022 cruise.  All refundable FCC was applied plus part of the bonus FCC.    I asked if I could use the remaining bonus FCC on a February 2023 cruise, not even as the deposit - I was going to pay the deposit. The "supervisor declined".  I think I am going to cancel and ask for the refundable FCC to be refunded and forfeit the bonus FCC.

I guess disappointed is the best description right now...

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 9:02 PM, LoveThatCorgi said:

Same here, but for mid-February 2023 and only for a portion of the bonus FCC (less than $300/pp).

After an initial Summer 2020 cancellation, 3 rebookings that were all cancelled (2020, 2021 and 2022 itineraries), we are currently booked on a Spring 2022 cruise.  All refundable FCC was applied plus part of the bonus FCC.    I asked if I could use the remaining bonus FCC on a February 2023 cruise, not even as the deposit - I was going to pay the deposit. The "supervisor declined".  I think I am going to cancel and ask for the refundable FCC to be refunded and forfeit the bonus FCC.

I know the feeling.  I booked a January 2023 new release cruise and asked for Princess to apply my current FCC’s (with the bonuses) to the cruise.  Princess told my TA that they would not extend my various expiration dates.  I was even willing to apply them right now to the 2023 cruise.  
I understand the use by terms and sail by dates, but since Princess has been shut down for so long, I felt that they should modify the terms.  

I am going to simmer over the weekend.  I am strongly considering asking for a cash refund on all my FCCs (I had three cruises cancelled) and forgoing all the bonuses.  And I may also cancel the January 2023 cruise and get a refund for the two FCD that I used.  It is a lot of money, but I have allowed them to keep it all this time.  

I had a similar situation on Celebrity (cancellation not related to Covid).  The FCC sail by date was expiring, but Celebrity allowed me to apply it to a future cruise outside the date. The stipulation is that if I cancel the cruise, I will lose the FCC. I expect if Celebrity cancels the cruise, I would not lose the FCC value.  It is an October 2021 TA that is still scheduled.. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/28/2021 at 4:08 PM, SpareBrew said:

It is possible to cancel the cruise you made for 2022 with FCC and apply it to another cruise also in 2022?  Or do you lose the entire FCC?

You can cancel & apply FCC to another cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just booked a cruise leaving 2/1/2023. My PVP was able to get sail by date changed to 2/28/2023 on our FCC’s.  She said she had to go through supervisor to get it ok’d. It worked because we were booking a cruise she said. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dsvrn said:

It worked because we were booking a cruise she said. 

Yes, I think that is key.  Just an extension with no booking happening is not likely going to fly.  But other posters above reported having a booking.  I am being mindful of these posts, but so far, our voyages to sue up FCC's are in Fall 2022, so NP.  Princess already changed our May 2022 FCC's to Dec 31, so all last until end of 2022.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, I think that is key.  Just an extension with no booking happening is not likely going to fly.  But other posters above reported having a booking.  I am being mindful of these posts, but so far, our voyages to sue up FCC's are in Fall 2022, so NP.  Princess already changed our May 2022 FCC's to Dec 31, so all last until end of 2022.

Both "book by" and "sail by" or just "sail by"?

On 4/28/2021 at 7:02 PM, LoveThatCorgi said:

Same thing happened to us. They said NO .  Princess gave me a supervisor, still a NO.  It was also a remaining bonus FCC. And I had just made the booking the day before. It is for April 2023 .   I am not very happy.

I suppose this is what they were hoping for.

9 hours ago, Ronnieslady said:

Same thing happened to us. They said NO .  Princess gave me a supervisor, still a NO.  It was also a remaining bonus FCC. And I had just made the booking the day before. It is for April 2023 .   I am not very happy.

I suppose this is what they were hoping for.

18 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I know the feeling.  I booked a January 2023 new release cruise and asked for Princess to apply my current FCC’s (with the bonuses) to the cruise.  Princess told my TA that they would not extend my various expiration dates.  I was even willing to apply them right now to the 2023 cruise.  
I understand the use by terms and sail by dates, but since Princess has been shut down for so long, I felt that they should modify the terms.  

I am going to simmer over the weekend.  I am strongly considering asking for a cash refund on all my FCCs (I had three cruises cancelled) and forgoing all the bonuses.  And I may also cancel the January 2023 cruise and get a refund for the two FCD that I used.  It is a lot of money, but I have allowed them to keep it all this time.  

I had a similar situation on Celebrity (cancellation not related to Covid).  The FCC sail by date was expiring, but Celebrity allowed me to apply it to a future cruise outside the date. The stipulation is that if I cancel the cruise, I will lose the FCC. I expect if Celebrity cancels the cruise, I would not lose the FCC value.  It is an October 2021 TA that is still scheduled.. 

I would call back, write to them and tell them for a year and a half there have been no cruises to book, so FCC should be extended a year and a half from the start up. 

atleast one year from the start up. 

don’t settle for one call. Call first thing in the morning on a week day. 

be kind. Be safe

9 hours ago, dog said:

I would call back, write to them and tell them for a year and a half there have been no cruises to book, so FCC should be extended a year and a half from the start up. 

atleast one year from the start up. 

don’t settle for one call. Call first thing in the morning on a week day. 

be kind. Be safe

Are the FCC’s not tied to the TA that I used for the cruise?  Good suggestion.  Thank you.