Air2Sea - two one-way tickets rather than roundtrip?

Hi everyone,

I'm looking at tickets to get to Nassau and if I book through Air2Sea as separate one-way tickets, it appears I'll save $100 per ticket. What I mean is, it's more expensive to book IND-NAS roundtrip than to book IND-NAS one-way and then NAS-IND one-way. Anyone know if they'll let me do that? Do I have to call, or can I make two reservations online? I haven't had great experiences in the past when I've called and I'm hoping one of you already knows the answers to my questions. 🙂 

We've always booked one-way air when we did transatlantics, so I don't see why not.  (But I'm not an expert, and I don't play one on tv.)

We always browsed online to choose our flights, and then called to book them.

We had this exact same thing happen last week! We were looking at IND-NAS but then NAS-MCO. Both were $100. When we tried to book them together on their site, it was $300. So we booked one way and then it wouldn't let us book anything else. We had to call to have them book the other way, but we did get the lower price. 

1 hour ago, dswallow said:

You'll have to call since once a flight of any sort is booked on a reservation number, you can't book another, or even look at available flights and prices.

You can still look at flights and pricing by searching under ship snd sail date as opposed to reservation number...you just can’t book. 

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

You can still look at flights and pricing by searching under ship snd sail date as opposed to reservation number...you just can’t book. 

According to the folks at Air2Sea the prices shown when you do that may not always reflect actual pricing available on the respective flights. I don't necessarily agree with that from the cases where I have been able to continue comparing because I'm on a B2B and have another reservation number to use to look, but that's what they say when I call to tell them I noticed the price dropped, et. al. 🙂

2 minutes ago, dswallow said:

According to the folks at Air2Sea the prices shown when you do that may not always reflect actual pricing available on the respective flights. I don't necessarily agree with that from the cases where I have been able to continue comparing because I'm on a B2B and have another reservation number to use to look, but that's what they say when I call to tell them I noticed the price dropped, et. al. 🙂

I’ve rarely  had an issue with getting the same prices. I do have them pretend not to see it but once I give them the flight number somehow it appears. 

• Haha 1

Just now, smokeybandit said:

That's very odd to have two one-way cheaper than the round trip. Maybe the one way was showing basic economy and the round trip showing main cabin?

I thought it was odd as well, but they're both main cabin. It looks like Air2Sea is discounting some flights because even the more expensive roundtrip fare is quite a bit less than what I can book on my own. I wonder if you get one discount per ticket and by booking two tickets, you get the discount twice, rather than just once on a roundtrip ticket.

It seems that for some reason the airlines are changing their pricing. I booked Charlotte, NC to LA for Christmas, on American, and it was $200.00 cheaper for 2 people to book 2 one way tickets than a round trip. Never encountered that before.

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

That's very odd to have two one-way cheaper than the round trip. Maybe the one way was showing basic economy and the round trip showing main cabin?

We have done this several times using Air2Sea.  Two oneway international flights have always been the best price.  Air2Sea prices are great for international, they are overpriced for domestic. 

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have done this several times using Air2Sea.  Two oneway international flights have always been the best price.  Air2Sea prices are great for international, they are overpriced for domestic. 

I agree with that.  

18 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

I haven't ever used them for a domestic flight, but I think I would this time if we were departing from a U.S. port just because you never know what might happen while COVID is still a thing and, technically, August is still hurricane weather. I'll feel better knowing we have a bit more flexibility if the ship is delayed returning to NAS, etc.