UK Government guidance on UK only cruises

Denarius

2 hours ago, Scriv said:

I'm hoping that will be accepted as official proof... it's officially associated with the NHS and is the one my GP uses.

Just to update my comment above - I have now successfully downloaded the NHS App and have linked up with my on line records, no problem whatsoever. Really easy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scriv said:

Just to update my comment above - I have now successfully downloaded the NHS App and have linked up with my on line records, no problem whatsoever. Really easy.

My belief is that everyone should download the official NHS app and register it unless you intend to rely on the paper version. 

7 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

My belief is that everyone should download the official NHS app and register it unless you intend to rely on the paper version. 

It is different to the Covid 19 Track 'n Trace App isn't it? 

I thought this was about what P&O or cruise lines would accept. Nothing to do with border control. 

We still don't know what foreign border controls want, one expects digital. EU may want us to use a app compatible with theirs, which NHS isn't,  but countries like Portugal will use their authority and accept  NHS app they want us.

As for UK border controls,  vaccination proofs is not required,  it's about proof of test . How thus is done is not clear, there has been talk of self administered lateral flow test before you fly home. How you get proof they were negative is a mystery. 

Edited by Windsurfboy

1 hour ago, Windsurfboy said:

I thought this was about what P&O or cruise lines would accept. Nothing to do with border control. 

We still don't know what foreign border controls want, one expects digital. EU may want us to use a app compatible with theirs, which NHS isn't,  but countries like Portugal will use their authority and accept  NHS app they want us.

As for UK border controls,  vaccination proofs is not required,  it's about proof of test . How thus is done is not clear, there has been talk of self administered lateral flow test before you fly home. How you get proof they were negative is a mystery. 

Border control or P&O check in, the problem is the same.

3 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

Border control or P&O check in, the problem is the same.

UK Border control do not want proof of vaccination 

Foreign border control  have not said what they want

P&O can choose anything, no legislation to say cruisers must be vaccinated,  so they don't have to make it water tight, could just be reassurance, PR

3 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

UK Border control do not want proof of vaccination 

Foreign border control  have not said what they want

P&O can choose anything, no legislation to say cruisers must be vaccinated,  so they don't have to make it water tight, could just be reassurance, PR

If P&O have any common sense they will use the methods proposed by the Government and not relax in any way what they have already said about vaccination requirements. I suspect there will be considerable pressure within and without P&O to basically let anyone on the ships up to maximum capacity, after all, profit is god. If they bow to the pressure they will lose the confidence of a lot of cruisers who have booked the staycation cruises because VACCINATION PROOF is  REQUIRED.

Legislation makes no difference. P&O have adult only ships and Saga have a lower age limit as they are allowed to. 

• Like 1

Has anyone seen what protocols are being put into place should a passenger test positive onboard.  
Quarantine .. isolation.. or disembarking of passengers. 
Recently a cruise ship in Japan returned to port and ALL passengers disembarked.  
Have been unable to find any information on proposed action for the short seacation cruises.  
Fully vaccinated passengers unlikely to be seriously ill or need hospitalisation but action would definitely be required.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, seapals2 said:

Has anyone seen what protocols are being put into place should a passenger test positive onboard.  
Recently a cruise ship in Japan returned to port and ALL passengers disembarked.  
Have been unable to find any information on proposed action for the short seacation cruises.  
Fully vaccinated passengers unlikely to be seriously ill or need hospitalisation but action would definitely be required.  

P&O have been asked this question repeatedly on Faceache and the only answer they ever give is "we have protocols in place" but they will not say what protocols. I believe that they dont want people to know in advance in case they cancel and dont pay their balance or not book at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

P&O have been asked this question repeatedly on Faceache and the only answer they ever give is "we have protocols in place" but they will not say what protocols. I believe that they dont want people to know in advance in case they cancel and dont pay their balance or not book at all.

Well as Britannia starts cruising in early July and my balance for  Iona is not due until late July I will have the opportunity to abandon ship 🙂

5 hours ago, seapals2 said:

As far as I can see from the cruises that have sailed so far, if COVID appears onboard,, the cruise is effectively over, and the ship has returned to port.

AS infections are reducing in UK at present, I suppose the risk of this happening on the 'seacation' cruises this summer is also reducing - but the risk is still going to be there.

16 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Well as Britannia starts cruising in early July and my balance for  Iona is not due until late July I will have the opportunity to abandon ship 🙂

Britannia starts 27th June and I can't wait. Unfortunately I may not be able to report back as we are not arriving back home for a further few days. I will see if I can post on the 27th in port as we may be told more when we board.

Edited by MX-Drew
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

We are on Iona early August. We are thinking of moving that back and squeezing in another one a bit earlier. Boris said we could go, so it would be rude not to. We booked 3 restaurants today, but no Rishi's dishes🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, seapals2 said:

The U.K. Chamber of Shipping issued a set of guidelines in October 2020 about how cruise ships should operate during Covid Pandemic, there is a section on repatriation which I suspect P&O and other cruise lines sailing out of U.K. will be utilising to some degree 

OPERATORS_Framework_for_UK_Cruise_Operatu

On 5/8/2021 at 6:13 PM, Denarius said:

My understanding is that a new app is being developed by the UK government as an add on to the existing NHS app.

NHS App is only available in England, Health is a devolved matter, so will be different in Scotland and Wales. 

NHS Digital England are developing the additional functionality, for the App. 

16F359A5-EDA5-40B9-B5FF-91F9B6A490AD.jpeg

• Like 2

On 5/8/2021 at 12:22 PM, Scriv said:

It is different to the Covid 19 Track 'n Trace App isn't it? 

Yes I’ve got the track and trace one and just downloaded the NHS one, really easy until I got to the ID bit. I’m just about to have dinner then I’ll get my passport out!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I’ve got the track and trace one and just downloaded the NHS one, really easy until I got to the ID bit. I’m just about to have dinner then I’ll get my passport out!

Well that was fun! Scanning my face was weird! It says allow up to 7 days now!