Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

18 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

They have always wanted us to input independent air on the website.  But quite honestly they have done little with it because we still got the forms on the ship asking for our departing flights.  So I don't know if it's now required or a nice to have but it's just another function that seems to have (inaccurately) moved from the website to the app.

I understand the frustration everyone has with this app.  I booked directly with Delta because it  was cheaper than EZAir.  

21 hours ago, CynCyn said:

I can’t get my passport to load.  It scans it but then it says- we are unable to write your details to the OCEAN network…..ugh! 

Ours never did scan but it went on to allow me to manually input the info. No pic but it has a green check mark. Other folks have said it auto populated from their information in the personalizer but that didn't happen for us.

1 hour ago, jwattle said:

They have only entered the airports up to the "C"'s. I figured that out after scrolling through. 😁

Might take them a hot minute...or two.

Nothing like rolling out updates that aren't fully baked.  We continue to be guinea pigs...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Heads up, there's a new Travel Information input on the app and it's another fail.  Everything else that I've reported over the past month + has been fixed but this is a new problem.  Here's the email that I just sent to the Ocean help folks:

"Hello again.  I noticed that you have added a new “Travel Information” option under Personal Information & Documents.  This is for our August 8, 2021 sailing that has a booking number of XXXXXX.  The data in there was incorrect.  We purchased our air through Princess but what was sent to the app was very old information, so the app doesn’t seem to pick up schedule changes.  I tried and failed to just accept the bad data as it wasn’t that far off timewise but we still showed as red for this step.  So I figured I would simply delete the bad information and start over.  Oddly it showed us as green for this step after I deleted the old data.  Then I tried to manually load our flights.  First thing is that the airlines in the dropdown are not in alphabetical order but I was able to pull up United Airlines by typing it in.  Then I tried to enter airports but it doesn’t seem to have Phoenix (PHX) or San Francisco (SFO) in the selections.  Lots of airports in other countries that I’ve never heard of though.  In any event I stopped trying and figured I had best write back to you.  I indicated it below but I am trying to do this on a fully updated iPhone11."

I got a quick response back from my email to the Ocean team:

"We have shared this latest development with the team to research.

Thank you!"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kiwimum said:

I tried to enter San Diego (SAN) and it came up with MYF which is Montgomery Field Executive airport in San Diego.

We put in our IATA code and it brought up not only a commuter airport near us but another airport we’d never heard of…but not the international airport. ‘Cause it comes after “C” in the alphabet. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AF-1 said:

Is having your Princess EZ in the app important?  If you have a flight delay or miss the ship; don't you have to call Princess' 800# to let them know?

Having your flight info, whether independently purchased or with EZAir, lets Princess know if you have not shown up whether or not your flight is delayed and they can make a decision about you (and others) making the cruise.

Of course if you used EZAir, the system should know that info automatically. But.......

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Heads up, there's a new Travel Information input on the app and it's another fail.  Everything else that I've reported over the past month + has been fixed but this is a new problem.  Here's the email that I just sent to the Ocean help folks:

"Hello again.  I noticed that you have added a new “Travel Information” option under Personal Information & Documents.  This is for our August 8, 2021 sailing that has a booking number of XXXXXX.  The data in there was incorrect.  We purchased our air through Princess but what was sent to the app was very old information, so the app doesn’t seem to pick up schedule changes.  I tried and failed to just accept the bad data as it wasn’t that far off timewise but we still showed as red for this step.  So I figured I would simply delete the bad information and start over.  Oddly it showed us as green for this step after I deleted the old data.  Then I tried to manually load our flights.  First thing is that the airlines in the dropdown are not in alphabetical order but I was able to pull up United Airlines by typing it in.  Then I tried to enter airports but it doesn’t seem to have Phoenix (PHX) or San Francisco (SFO) in the selections.  Lots of airports in other countries that I’ve never heard of though.  In any event I stopped trying and figured I had best write back to you.  I indicated it below but I am trying to do this on a fully updated iPhone11."

Will we be required to add our flight info to our app? So far I don't see a place for that in my app. All flight info is in my personalizer. Now I have to involve my app in that? GRRRR!

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

I tried to enter San Diego (SAN) and it came up with MYF which is Montgomery Field Executive airport in San Diego.

Checked back and all San Diego airports are now listed. 

4 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Checked back and all San Diego airports are now listed. 

It is so odd how it is rolling out. Still only up to C for me. I can’t figure out where that functionality resides. Is it in the app which isn’t being updated throughout the day, or is it online and the app just accesses it?  Why would some people see one thing and others something else? Inquiring minds….

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Curious to know what email address you are using to communicate with them. I have tried a couple of times to advise of a problem, only to have the email kicked back to me via this message;

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> askoceanmedallion@carnival.com (after RCPT TO): 550 5.7.1 Service

>>> unavailable, Client host [69.168.103.60] blocked using Customer

>>> Block list AS(1420)

>>> [BN1NAM02FT018.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

Any thoughts as to why?

On 7/6/2021 at 7:47 PM, PescadoAmarillo said:

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so I decided to drop it here. Just received an email from Princess with Ocean Ready instructions:

1) no booking ID, ship, date or days until sailing. 
2) the contact number for assistance is not a US number

3) it knows I’m Elite but has 1 day and (blank) cruises sailed. 

Princess, this doesn’t help.  Again I say, if I was a new guest I’d be wondering what I’d gotten myself into. 

I just cannot express how embarrassed I am to be a customer of this company in 2021.  I have never in my life seen such display of ineptness over and over and over again.  

I have written to several top executives and one sent me a nice short email earlier today and wants to talk - perhaps tomorrow.  It will be interesting if I get anywhere, or if I am just molly-coddled with BS. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

7 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I was just coming here to report the same thing. They have no options for departing or arriving airports for me, and the airlines not being in alphabetic order is crazy. Like you, I just typed ours in. But it didn’t matter anyway. Unless you can complete all the information (and missing the airport codes, you can’t), there is no way to save the information. 

OMG - it just doesn't stop with them, does it?  I need a drink.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, kiwimum said:

They had/have all the freakin' airport codes on Princess.com in EZ-Air booking interface.  What is wrong with these people?

6 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I just cannot express how embarrassed I am to be a customer of this company in 2021.  I have never in my life seen such display of ineptness over and over and over again.  

I have written to several top executives and one sent me a nice short email earlier today and wants to talk - perhaps tomorrow.  It will be interesting if I get anywhere, or if I am just molly-coddled with BS. 

I have taken to launching the app each morning with the words, “What fresh hell is this?” Good luck in your chat. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

It is so odd how it is rolling out. Still only up to C for me. I can’t figure out where that functionality resides. Is it in the app which isn’t being updated throughout the day, or is it online and the app just accesses it?  Why would some people see one thing and others something else? Inquiring minds….

It's data from/on a central server.  App accesses it.  Very little kept on your phone - just past login info I would say because you can close app and re-open it and you are logged in still/again automatically.

Just now, PescadoAmarillo said:

I have taken to launching the app each morning with the words, “What fresh hell is this?” Good luck in your chat. 

I hope it is productive and I will report back here anything and all that I can.  I will be sure and let them know about these latest mishaps I had no knowledge of several days ago.  If the ship's crew was this inept, we'd be in danger of being aground or capsized less than a day into a voyage.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

They’ve added another section to Personal Information and documents. 

27623546-CF37-4D09-9898-C9399FE934BC.jpeg

Thanks for posting this.  I was also wondering where this was found in the app.  So far all my cruises in the app have green checks down to Emergency Contact and then skips to Celebrating a Milestone.  Nothing is showing for Emergency Return Airport or Travel Information.  I have never entered flight information for flights I book outside EZAir.

Edited by coo359a2

17 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Thanks for posting this.  I was also wondering where this was found in the app.  So far all my cruises in the app have green checks down to Emergency Contact and then skips to Celebrating a Milestone.  Nothing is showing for Emergency Return Airport or Travel Information.  I have never entered flight information for flights I book outside EZAir.

I don't have it either. Apple App Store shows latest version is 3.1.2 released two weeks ago. If there was an app update, Princess might have withdrawn the update so if your phone didn't automatically update the app while it was available, it won't get it for now.

1 hour ago, racj846 said:

Curious to know what email address you are using to communicate with them. I have tried a couple of times to advise of a problem, only to have the email kicked back to me via this message;

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> Block list AS(1420)

Any thoughts as to why?

I don't know.  That is where I sent my very first email which is at the bottom of the chain I am replying to every time I hit a new issue.  The replies come from:  AskOceanMedallion <A360ad7@carnival.com> - maybe try that one?

1 hour ago, racj846 said:

>>> Block list AS(1420)

Any thoughts as to why?

The system you're sending your email through is blocked by Carnival. Address 69.168.103.60 translates to mail.mts.syn-alias.com and I find it's listed as a spam source by one of the email anti-spam block lists. I have no idea who your email provider is but you need to follow up with them to tell them to do whatever is needed to get unlisted. Or find another email provider.