Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

On 7/1/2021 at 5:16 PM, kywildcatfanone said:

My login isn't working.  It tells me I need to create an account.  It's not recognizing my existing account.

I just wanted to say that I understand your frustrations as I'm in the same boat as you.  My login hasn't worked for two or so months now.  

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

Does this mean Anytime Dining is now a thing of the past?

No, and I think you know this.  AT is available either by booking an available time/table in MC App DMW (or on board TV, etc).  Or you can just show up at the designated DR in the Patter and be accommodated as before when a table is available.

• Like 2

Just now, Steelers36 said:

Have you tried booking number + name + birthdate?

Yes, that allows one to view their booking. However, you’re technically not logged in so you can’t view loyalty level, cruise history, etc.

18 minutes ago, 4hunters said:

Yes, that allows one to view their booking. However, you’re technically not logged in so you can’t view loyalty level, cruise history, etc.

Ahh, so you are writing about login to Princess.com website as that is where you find all the profile information.  Have you written or phoned Princess to get tech support for this?  There is also a chat feature on the website several have mentioned (but I have not tried it and find most of those chat offerings limited value - especially if they start out with a AI Bot).

32 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

No, and I think you know this.  AT is available either by booking an available time/table in MC App DMW (or on board TV, etc).  Or you can just show up at the designated DR in the Patter and be accommodated as before when a table is available.

No, it was a serious question based on what @Eaglecw was told.  I am presuming that the reason for reservations is to eliminate the long queues outside the dining rooms as a Covid policy.  Eaglecw was told reservations were necessary in order to get seated in a dining room.  I'm not really sure that you will be able to just show up for dining just like it looks like you can't just show up at the terminal on embarkation day.  We'll know the answer after the first couple of Princess cruises.  

23 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

No, it was a serious question based on what @Eaglecw was told.  I am presuming that the reason for reservations is to eliminate the long queues outside the dining rooms as a Covid policy.  Eaglecw was told reservations were necessary in order to get seated in a dining room.  I'm not really sure that you will be able to just show up for dining just like it looks like you can't just show up at the terminal on embarkation day.  We'll know the answer after the first couple of Princess cruises.  

I either missed that post or something else. 

It has been repeatedly stated by Princess, and posted on website under DMW info - and in the DMW FAQ's - that guests can still be a walk-up.  I'd go with that until/unless it doesn't actually happen for real.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Does this mean Anytime Dining is now a thing of the past?

I doubt it. it could mean a longer wait since everyone has a chance to make a reservation for a specific time and when you go, there may not be any tables available.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Ahh, so you are writing about login to Princess.com website as that is where you find all the profile information.  Have you written or phoned Princess to get tech support for this?  There is also a chat feature on the website several have mentioned (but I have not tried it and find most of those chat offerings limited value - especially if they start out with a AI Bot).

Yeah, I’ve phone them twice over the past couple of months. Standard response is given to the effect that they know about it and are working on it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I either missed that post or something else. 

It has been repeatedly stated by Princess, and posted on website under DMW info - and in the DMW FAQ's - that guests can still be a walk-up.  I'd go with that until/unless it doesn't actually happen for real.

Exactly correct. In last week's Monday Medallian video this was discussed & confirmed.

• Like 1

What have you guys heard about tables in the buffet area?  Are they going to be two tables like the dining room?  I wouldn't think that would be possible;  based on the amount of people who eat breakfast and lunch at the buffet.  I think they will have every other table blocked for social distancing.  What do you guys think?

37 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

What have you guys heard about tables in the buffet area?  Are they going to be two tables like the dining room?  I wouldn't think that would be possible;  based on the amount of people who eat breakfast and lunch at the buffet.  I think they will have every other table blocked for social distancing.  What do you guys think?

If we are all vaccinated I think social distancing will not be required. For our cruise departing Nov. 3 we have been sent an advisory that all pax must be vaccinated. 

13 minutes ago, 1965 said:

If we are all vaccinated I think social distancing will not be required. For our cruise departing Nov. 3 we have been sent an advisory that all pax must be vaccinated. 

I am going on 4 Oct cruise out of San Pedro.  All pax must be vaccinated to board ship

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so I decided to drop it here. Just received an email from Princess with Ocean Ready instructions:

1) no booking ID, ship, date or days until sailing. 
2) the contact number for assistance is not a US number

3) it knows I’m Elite but has 1 day and (blank) cruises sailed. 

Princess, this doesn’t help.  Again I say, if I was a new guest I’d be wondering what I’d gotten myself into. 

5FA4CDEA-C3B8-4858-A9AC-F57DD4C2DD56.jpeg

90AD3E25-14D5-4189-B134-EC990AA0CCC2.jpeg

94E26315-41B5-4AFD-9F51-E69DA88F4F9E.jpeg

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I wasn’t sure where to put this, so I decided to drop it here. Just received an email from Princess with Ocean Ready instructions:

1) no booking ID, ship, date or days until sailing. 
2) the contact number for assistance is not a US number

3) it knows I’m Elite but has 1 day and (blank) cruises sailed. 

Princess, this doesn’t help.  Again I say, if I was a new guest I’d be wondering what I’d gotten myself into. 

5FA4CDEA-C3B8-4858-A9AC-F57DD4C2DD56.jpeg

90AD3E25-14D5-4189-B134-EC990AA0CCC2.jpeg

94E26315-41B5-4AFD-9F51-E69DA88F4F9E.jpeg

That's weird.  And a mess.  We are on the same cruise as you and received a similar email on June 21st with correct information.  I would forward that right on to Customer Relations.

Neither my name or my wife's is Angela, or Fred, yet we keep getting emails for them, including the Ocean Ready one referenced above.  We do usually get emails for our bookings for my wife, but not me.  Angela is going to Alaska in August, and Fred is going in September.  Any Angela or Fred out there missing their email?  Anyone get my email (Marc or Lisa)?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Neither my name or my wife's is Angela, or Fred, yet we keep getting emails for them, including the Ocean Ready one referenced above.  We do usually get emails for our bookings for my wife, but not me.  Angela is going to Alaska in August, and Fred is going in September.  Any Angela or Fred out there missing their email?  Anyone get my email (Marc or Lisa)?

ROFLMAO ..... except ..... what email? Who got mine? (Fortunately I'm on CC so I know about the missing emails)

5 hours ago, AnyMajorCruiseDude said:

Angela and Fred are Princess code names for your wife and you.

Due to unusual operational changes, you are now going on separate cruises in different months under new names.

There is no additional charge for this benefit.

You can ask your wife Angela to do a "live from" thread on Cruise Critic so you can learn what to expect on your cruise.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Heads up, there's a new Travel Information input on the app and it's another fail.  Everything else that I've reported over the past month + has been fixed but this is a new problem.  Here's the email that I just sent to the Ocean help folks:

"Hello again.  I noticed that you have added a new “Travel Information” option under Personal Information & Documents.  This is for our August 8, 2021 sailing that has a booking number of XXXXXX.  The data in there was incorrect.  We purchased our air through Princess but what was sent to the app was very old information, so the app doesn’t seem to pick up schedule changes.  I tried and failed to just accept the bad data as it wasn’t that far off timewise but we still showed as red for this step.  So I figured I would simply delete the bad information and start over.  Oddly it showed us as green for this step after I deleted the old data.  Then I tried to manually load our flights.  First thing is that the airlines in the dropdown are not in alphabetical order but I was able to pull up United Airlines by typing it in.  Then I tried to enter airports but it doesn’t seem to have Phoenix (PHX) or San Francisco (SFO) in the selections.  Lots of airports in other countries that I’ve never heard of though.  In any event I stopped trying and figured I had best write back to you.  I indicated it below but I am trying to do this on a fully updated iPhone11."

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Heads up, there's a new Travel Information input on the app and it's another fail.  Everything else that I've reported over the past month + has been fixed but this is a new problem.  Here's the email that I just sent to the Ocean help folks:

"Hello again.  I noticed that you have added a new “Travel Information” option under Personal Information & Documents.  This is for our August 8, 2021 sailing that has a booking number of XXXXXX.  The data in there was incorrect.  We purchased our air through Princess but what was sent to the app was very old information, so the app doesn’t seem to pick up schedule changes.  I tried and failed to just accept the bad data as it wasn’t that far off timewise but we still showed as red for this step.  So I figured I would simply delete the bad information and start over.  Oddly it showed us as green for this step after I deleted the old data.  Then I tried to manually load our flights.  First thing is that the airlines in the dropdown are not in alphabetical order but I was able to pull up United Airlines by typing it in.  Then I tried to enter airports but it doesn’t seem to have Phoenix (PHX) or San Francisco (SFO) in the selections.  Lots of airports in other countries that I’ve never heard of though.  In any event I stopped trying and figured I had best write back to you.  I indicated it below but I am trying to do this on a fully updated iPhone11."

I was just coming here to report the same thing. They have no options for departing or arriving airports for me, and the airlines not being in alphabetic order is crazy. Like you, I just typed ours in. But it didn’t matter anyway. Unless you can complete all the information (and missing the airport codes, you can’t), there is no way to save the information. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CynCyn said:

I can’t get my passport to load.  It scans it but then it says- we are unable to write your details to the OCEAN network…..ugh! 

have gotten the same thing twice now - just going to back of for a week or so

Is having your Princess EZ in the app important?  If you have a flight delay or miss the ship; don't you have to call Princess' 800# to let them know?  I understand having your personal info, cc on file, and dining times, arrival times.  Did I miss something?   I booked my flight thru Delta;  so do not need to input it into the app.

38 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Is having your Princess EZ in the app important?  If you have a flight delay or miss the ship; don't you have to call Princess' 800# to let them know?  I understand having your personal info, cc on file, and dining times, arrival times.  Did I miss something?   I booked my flight thru Delta;  so do not need to input it into the app.

They have always wanted us to input independent air on the website.  But quite honestly they have done little with it because we still got the forms on the ship asking for our departing flights.  So I don't know if it's now required or a nice to have but it's just another function that seems to have (inaccurately) moved from the website to the app.

• Like 1