Will the phone lines crash at 8.30?

bungle66

I need to change a cruise, treating myself to a suite and worried sick they will all be gone already. 35 minutes to go - how excited am I? I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas morning lol. Have a great day everyone.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

I need to change a cruise, treating myself to a suite and worried sick they will all be gone already. 35 minutes to go - how excited am I? I feel like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas morning lol. Have a great day everyone.

Good luck bungle. Fingers crossed for you. Jane.x

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bungle66 said:

Hope you get your suite of choice. 🤞

• Like 1

I was about to ask what time the website usually crashes - but looks like I was beaten to it?  Serious question though 🙂

We are in for Aurora Caribbean in Nov (with agent) and Azura 16 night in Oct through P&O.

In my (pretty limited) experience, agents have it done & dusted by 9.30 or so

My cabin confirmation following pre-registration was emailed at 11.42 on Monday

Good luck everyone hanging on the line just now ☎️ 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, PrincessPete said:

Hi all, just heard from the TA that she got us a midships deluxe balcony (Aurora Caribbean November 2022). All booked.

Can’t describe how happy we are!!

Good luck to all.

Kind regards Peter

Good TAs are so much better than pre-registering and waiting for P&O to dish out a cabin that you don't want!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ToxM said:

Am waiting to see what is going on with my suite on Azura on the re-positioning 19nighter. Weirdly I cannot log in on the site to see the booking atm. 

We got the same, but logged in and it said we have been allocated our cabin.  I connot see what the cabin number is though, can anyone help?

12 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Good TAs are so much better than pre-registering and waiting for P&O to dish out a cabin that you don't want!

I think I just might be starting to agree with you!  As someone who prefers to book directly (but also sometimes uses an online TA) this time I pre-registered last week with P&O for the first time  ..... and I'm still awaiting a cabin number!  I can't access my booking online yet, and after 35 minutes on the phone, I was told I should have my cabin number by lunchtime and that those booking via a TA were not at an advantage and he was sorry I felt that way!  Ha ha ha.  My needs are simple for a deluxe balcony; port side for the same reason that most others give - I want to be on the opposite side to drifting cigarette smoke.  I requested that he note my preference, which he said he would, but could not guarantee it would be 'picked up'.  Ah well, you live and learn.

2 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

I can't access my booking online yet,

We have been able to access our booking since we pre registered, via the "already booked" link at top of P&O page, but said cabin number not allocated.  It now says the cabin number has been allocated, but no sign of what the number is - as we cannot find it!

7 minutes ago, tring said:

We have been able to access our booking since we pre registered, via the "already booked" link at top of P&O page, but said cabin number not allocated.  It now says the cabin number has been allocated, but no sign of what the number is - as we cannot find it!

Yes, I expected this to be the case, but it wasn't.  'We cannot validate your details'.  I tried about 6 times making sure the details were correct, heck I even tried again using DH's details in case they had substituted him as lead passenger!

11 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Yes, I expected this to be the case, but it wasn't.  'We cannot validate your details'.  I tried about 6 times making sure the details were correct, heck I even tried again using DH's details in case they had substituted him as lead passenger!

Oh dear.  I hope all gets sorted soon.  No sign of an email here and cannot find a cabin number. 

Edited by tring
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tring said:

Oh dear.  We I hope all gets sorted soon.  No sign of an email here and cannot find a cabin number. 

I wouldn't worry, the cabin has been allocated and you will receive the confirmation email with the number on it. They are processing thousands so it all takes time.

• Like 1

All those who pre registered direct don't wait, phone P&O and press whatever number to book new cruise then just ask politely if they can see the cabin number on your booking and if require they will change it.

I know because I got 1st and 2nd choice on two cruise on Our Vera last week. 

6 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

All those who pre registered direct don't wait, phone P&O and press whatever number to book new cruise then just ask politely if they can see the cabin number on your booking and if require they will change it.

I know because I got 1st and 2nd choice on two cruise on Our Vera last week. 

Thanks, but had already rang and spoke to P&O a few minutes ago.  Decided I was still trying to make a booking, so chose that phone option and had a reply almost straight away.

No available C deck cabins for our Azura cruises (16 nights Oct), but allocated B339 which will do us just fine.  Have heard about some noise in the rear aft section so second cabin from the centre in the mid/fore section is pretty good and B deck will have less overhang effect than deck B.  Pretty happy bunnies really.

Edited by tring
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

This happened to me on the morning the cabin was allocated, a quick phone call (see above) and required cabin was grabbed.

I had to ring on two occasions due to the way the cruises went on sail. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tring said:

Thanks, but had already rang and spoke to P&O a few minutes ago.  Decided I was still trying to make a booking, so chose that phone option and had a reply almost straight away.

No available C deck cabins for our Azura cruises (16 nights Oct), but allocated B339 which will do us just fine.  Have heard about some noise in the rear aft section so second cabin from the centre in that grade is pretty good and B deck will have less overhang effect.

As long as you're happy.

I think I had it easier as Our Vera has more cabins but to get 1st then 2nd choice I was very pleased and also not  having to deal with ham fisted agents suits me.

I hope you have a great cruise and now you can start planning.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

This happened to me on the morning the cabin was allocated, a quick phone call (see above) and required cabin was grabbed.

I had to ring on two occasions due to the way the cruises went on sail. 

Yes, strange the booking site does not show the number allocated, but would seem as long as the number has been allocated you can ring, but do not think they could have done anything before then. 

Regards your comment on sitting back and planning - my plans are for a re-run tomorrow, when our March Azura cruise goes on sale 🙂

Wowzz has pre-regisitered for the March Azura cruise, so again a tomorrow job.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

We did need the booking reference to log into the actual booking, but presume you were doing that.

I think now our cabin number has been allocated, yours will have been too, so perhaps worth giving them another ring.  I got through almost straight away, but did decide I was still "wanting to make a booking" when asked to answer various questions.  Good luck.

Yes, strange the booking site does not show the number allocated, but would seem as long as the number has been allocated you can ring, but do not think they could have done anything before then. 

Regards your comment on sitting back and planning - my plans are for a re-run tomorrow, when our March Azura cruise goes on sale 🙂

Wowzz has pre-regisitered for the March Azura cruise, so again a tomorrow job.

Ah the same situation as me but different ship. Worth a try early as I got mine sorted almost on the dot of the phone lines opening but I had noticed I could not login and that seemed to be the trigger.

• Like 1

We did need the booking reference to log into the actual booking, but presume you were doing that.

I think now our cabin number has been allocated, yours will have been too, so perhaps worth giving them another ring.  I got through almost straight away, but did decide I was still "wanting to make a booking" when asked to answer various questions.  Good luck.

If you choose another option you get a message saying they are very busy and to try phoning later then you get cut off! I got that at 8:30 on the dot.

• Thanks 1