The Daily for Sunday May 02, 2021

richwmn

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I think if that was it they would have stayed at the dock.  A rescue boat did go into port a few minutes ago and the ship is under way now.

Roy

Maybe it was cheaper to hang around off shore and bring someone aboard to help with vaccinations than to pay all the extra hours of port fees? The rescue boat heading back to port just before the ship sailed away would fit that scenario.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Ocean Cat said:

Can someone tell me how I ask a question. I can reply to one but I don’t see where o can ask. TY

You just did ask a question.  Do you mean ask a question in a new thread?

If so, click on the "Holland America Line" at the top of the page

Capture2.JPG.fc09bf2878a62f2b3b53021bfee7e291.JPG

Then click on the big blue "Start New Topic" box:

Capture3.JPG.193b27a055788d39afa3f93697cb36b7.JPG

Yes, I know, that's the Crystal Forum but I had it open and the HAL forum is the same.

Roy

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

Maybe it was cheaper to hang around off shore and bring someone aboard to help with vaccinations than to pay all the extra hours of port fees? The rescue boat heading back to port just before the ship sailed away would fit that scenario.

It could just as easily been a crew member with a flight delay or some delayed supplies.

Roy

• Like 9

4 hours ago, garlictown said:

would like to sincerely thank my CC friends for their support and also the Daily. 👩‍💻

Looks like I just meet with with orthopedics tomorrow in San Jose, CA. I had all my xrays and CT scan at a hospital in Roseville, CA where we were having a mini-trip. Some trip this turned out to be.😒 The doctors all said I need surgery so I am hoping that I can get this ordeal over with. My 'take away' from this experience is pay close attention to your surroundings and keep on eye out for curbs!!! 

🙏🙏Prayers for others in need, too!🙏🙏

Katie ( wearing a Fall Wrist band 😢)..back to bed.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

image.jpeg.9d17f5a0a423d5e01bd3269b10442cfb.jpeg

Katie we went out this morning with our coffee and placed our lei from May Day in the Ocean and a prayer 🙏 in your honor🌴

Mahalo

Denise😊

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everyone.  A sunny day here.  Just returned from having Mexican food for lunch with good friends.  We ate outside which is a treat here as the wind wasn't blowing!!  Bay is beautiful and seals seem to be multiplying already.

Thanks for all the information, Rich.  Roy, I am sure your pre op will go well. 

Prayers to those who are facing surgery and others on the care list.

Appreciate all the port and flower pictures.  Our rhodies are starting to really bloom.  

Have a wonderful rest of the weekend.

Stay safe and well.

• Like 13

Greetings, all! Today was a good day. After church my son & I went shopping for a new sofa for the family room. Very nice to have his input -- how did I raise such a smart kid? (He's 42 - lol!) Found one & purchased it, to be delivered Friday.

We were both allowed in to see DH at the hospital later on. Having heard nothing to the contrary, surgery is still on for tomorrow. DH says he was told 11 am. Prayers welcomed!

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Many prayers for all with surgeries, pre-Ops, and all medical issues.  I wish the best for all.

Attending Mass today was very different.  No pre-registration as we have done for a year.  Most still wore masks.  I pray this “opening” will not lead to a bad situation.  Colorado  bishops have said all are to return to Mass by May 23 (if health of person is good).  Our county case count is up, and demand for vaccines is down.   Needless to say I am worried.

Photos of Denmark have been amazing.  Now, another place on my list to visit.  I know I am getting anxious to go———and that is go ANYWHERE!

Have a great rest of the day, everyone.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

One more “baby” granddaughter arriving in August (❤️), my brother and sisters send frequent, random group texts, currently no dogs 🐕, enjoyed a Mai Tai yesterday poolside.  Thanks for the daily!

• Like 14

1 hour ago, NextOne said:

Greetings, all! Today was a good day. After church my son & I went shopping for a new sofa for the family room. Very nice to have his input -- how did I raise such a smart kid? (He's 42 - lol!) Found one & purchased it, to be delivered Friday.

We were both allowed in to see DH at the hospital later on. Having heard nothing to the contrary, surgery is still on for tomorrow. DH says he was told 11 am. Prayers welcomed!

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

we will pray 🙏 that all goes well!! It is amazing how not being on our precious Daily being in Maui so much has happened!! God bless your husband and during these trying times you have support here always!! In spirit!

Mahalo 

Denise😊

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

@rafinmd

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

My dearest friend!!! I finished reading all of The Daily’s! I want to say my lei this morning also goes out to you!!! Your appointment tomorrow will go well! I so wished when you were in port in San Diego we could of had lunch!! So sorry we were not home!! You are like Kazu Jacqui’ My first contacts so long ago! God speed!! Miss all those sunsets!! You will bring them back current in the future! SO WILL I! Have a good evening Roy! I so care !

🌴🌴Denise

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Today turned out better than predicted, with mostly sunny skies and a light breeze.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 91F, and Tuesday will cloudy and low 70s in the afternoon.  That’s spring in Texas.  

I took advantage of the nice weather and mowed the weeds (I mean grass).  I also  sprayed weed killer for what it’s worth.  

It was such a nice day, instead of left over pot roast, we decided to grill a rib eye steak to share.  It was very good as DH has steak cooking down to a science.

@NextOne  All the best to your DH on hissurgery tomorrow.  Wishing him a speedy recovery.  It was good you and your DS both got to visit him today.

@rafinmd Roy, hope your pre-op visit goes smoothy tomorrow.

@garlictown All the best with the orthopedist tomorrow.

@StLouisCruisers We also visited the Viking Museum in Arhus on our first visit.  We either did not take any pictures or we just can’t find them,  

It’s been a long time since we had a Mai Tai.  A good friend said the best place to have one in Honolulu is sitting at the outside bar at the Royal Hawaiian watching the sun set behind Diamondhead.  He was right.

Oldest DD got her second shot.  Now we’re all vaccinated, and soon we’ll be able to see both DDs and their guy’s.  Can’t wait.

Lenda

Edited by Quartzsite Cruiser
  • Like 11

Thanks for all the daily reports, photos and humour.

@rafinmd Good luck with your pre-op appointment tomorrow.

@NextOnebest wishes to your DH for successful surgery and recovery.

Had to replace our old breadmaker, the new machine is working well.

Take care everyone.

• Like 10

3 hours ago, NextOne said:

And the prayers and best wishes are on the way.

Susan

• Like 6

12 hours ago, NextOne said:

How nice that you were both allowed to visit your DH ♥️ 

Our prayers and best wishes for him tomorrow for his surgery 🙏🏻 

• Like 2