Email from Carnival re: August cruise

Final Payment Extension for August 2021 Cruise Departures from U.S. Homeports

Dear Carnival Cruise Line Guest:

We know you are eager to understand our plans for your sailing in August 2021 and we appreciate your patience as we work through our restart plans.  While we have received preliminary guidance for potential restart in July, we are waiting for additional information from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on the detailed protocols that will be required to sail from our U.S. homeports.  We realize this situation impacts your summer vacation plans and we want to provide you with maximum flexibility with the following accommodations:

•    Final payments due in May have been extended until May 31.
•    You may cancel without penalty by May 31 and receive a full refund.
•    If you booked a refundable fare with final payment due after May 31, you have until that date to cancel for refund.

We are hoping to be able to provide further information to you prior to this date, but this action will allow those who have not yet made final payment to wait until we have greater clarity on sailing before making payment.

We realize some guests may still have questions, so if you’re working with a travel advisor or a Carnival Personal Vacation Planner, they will also be able to support you.  You may also check on the status of your cruise at this link.

Thank you for your patience and support.  We are dedicated to welcoming you aboard a Carnival ship just as soon as possible.
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Got the same email on my way home from work. I thought it was a cancellation at first it looked so similar to the many cancellation emails I’ve received in the past year.

That was my first thought too, that it was a cancellation.  The letter does not sound encouraging at all.

8 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

That was my first thought too, that it was a cancellation.  The letter does not sound encouraging at all.

Yeah I sent an email to my TA warning him I may be making an early booking one of these mornings if Mardi Gras gets canceled.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

It sounded to me almost like they were hoping to get some to cancel. Maybe capacity too high? 

My thoughts too! Sounds like Carnival is hoping frustrated passengers will cancel or rebook their August sailings to get down closer to capacity without having to “bump” anyone. This could be a great way to do that especially if the guidelines for vaxx/unvaxxed summer cruises get released in the next couple of weeks and you have a significant percentage of August passengers not comfortable with the announced restrictions/guidelines. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hurricane0226 said:

Hope you get to cruise, I am still hoping for my July cruise.

Did July passengers receive any emails regarding sailing?? I have a sneaky feeling that July is out and they are trying to target August dates for start-up....but that's just my thought. 

July 4th is less than 2 months away, if July cruises were going to happen, you would think an email regarding the vaccine policy/Covid protocol would have been released. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

Did July passengers receive any emails regarding sailing?? I have a sneaky feeling that July is out and they are trying to target August dates for start-up....but that's just my thought. 

July 4th is less than 2 months away, if July cruises were going to happen, you would think an email regarding the vaccine policy/Covid protocol would have been released. 

I am booked on the July 5 sailing of the Conquest and did not receive an email.  I fully expect it to be canceled.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

We received a similar email last month regarding our July cruise.  We're the 31st, so I'm still holding out hope.

• Like 1

Yep - received the same email. Some emails I see the subject line and I read them later. This one was a "hold your horses" moment - but provided no real insight.

To quote a classic line... "So you're telling me there's a chance?"  😉

Tom

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AnitaVacation said:

We have two cruises booked for July and received similar emails for each a few weeks ago. I'm doubtful our cruises will sail.

• Like 1

We received a similar email a few weeks ago about our July sailing too.

The weeks following we checked daily doing a mock booking, and

more and more rooms became available. Looked like many took

advantage of the offer to cancel without penalty.

Hoping they were trying to limit bookings,

then all July sailings disappeared. When we spoke to our PVP

to reschedule our June sailing to next June, we asked about the July ones

being removed from the booking engine, they told us

July is happening and it was sold out at a lower capacity,

that July 3 was the target for the MArdi Gras's first sailing.

We shall see... I don't think so.

• Like 2

We are scheduled to cruise on Sunshine out of Charleston on July 1.  I received this email a while back.  Spoke with my PVP who said passengers should know "something" within this week.  I was checking Sunshine's location (thx @Saint Greg!) and yesterday Sunshine looked like it was heading North but now it's destination is Stirrup Cay, Bahama.  Crossing my fingers we get to cruise! 🤞

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, stellarose said:

I think breeze visita sunshine and MG sail. 

money is calling

I hope you are right!  Our itinerary is HMC, that's it!  Should be a slam dunk for Carnival.  I already have JiJi's and Steakhouse booked, a cabana on HMC and a beach bag with towel set ordered.  C'mon Carnival, you want my money!🤑

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ninjacat123 said:

I hope you are right!  Our itinerary is HMC, that's it!  Should be a slam dunk for Carnival.  I already have JiJi's and Steakhouse booked, a cabana on HMC and a beach bag with towel set ordered.  C'mon Carnival, you want my money!🤑

A cabana sounds wonderful!  I always love the stops at HMC.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I wanted to book two nights in JiJi's on the Mardi Gras - but those reservations were long gone when I entered the picture. It's an excellent value (a hidden gem). I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get those two nights booked once onboard.

Tom

• Like 2

Baltimore doesn't even come up for August anymore on Carnival's site.  I'm not expecting it to happen and with the vaxx requirement, we probably would have to postpone anyway because one of my kids is 8 and obviously can't get vaccinated yet.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, musbeus said:

We have two cruises booked for July and received similar emails for each a few weeks ago. I'm doubtful our cruises will sail.

So are you NOT booked on one of the three ships that Carnival said are sailing in July? Just wondering where you were sailing from?