Email from Carnival re: August cruise

1 hour ago, LatinaInTexas said:

I also got this e-mail but our final payment date was already May 31 so no extension for us?

"If you booked a refundable fare with final payment due after May 31, you have until that date to cancel for refund." otherwise terms of original transaction apply - that's how I'm reading it.

I just received an email from Carnival with the subject :

Bethany, thanks for booking - let's chart your course to fun!

Does this mean my cruise on July 1 is still happening?  I hope so!! Less than 60 days away☺️

• Like 2

I got the email too. We’re booked on 8/28 on Panorama and our cruise is still showing up as bookable on the Carnival site. It looks like there are fewer Aug cruises than before so I’m wondering if some are on hold (or “full”)?

I really hope we get guidance soon. We’ve got 3 kids under 12, so if vaccinations are required we can’t cruise and/or if there are serious limitations to pool use/kids clubs/etc. we wouldn’t want to go - I do not want to be stuck in the cabin with bored kids!

Hoping we hear something soon!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Does this mean my cruise on July 1 is still happening?  I hope so!! Less than 60 days away☺️

was that in an email, our cruise is July 10th., have not received that email.

We got the same email for our 7 day cruise on the Vista beginning  Aug. 21, 2021, out of Galveston. Waiting on updates...if any. I sure hope we go. Indeed, I hope everyone gets to sail. It's been a long, dry spell for cruisers. 🤞

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cruisegirl06 said:

I got the email too. We’re booked on 8/28 on Panorama and our cruise is still showing up as bookable on the Carnival site. It looks like there are fewer Aug cruises than before so I’m wondering if some are on hold (or “full”)?

I really hope we get guidance soon. We’ve got 3 kids under 12, so if vaccinations are required we can’t cruise and/or if there are serious limitations to pool use/kids clubs/etc. we wouldn’t want to go - I do not want to be stuck in the cabin with bored kids!

My advice is to plan a different vacation. You should read the threads about the new CDC guidance. 

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 8:52 AM, phoneman69 said:

So are you NOT booked on one of the three ships that Carnival said are sailing in July? Just wondering where you were sailing from?

Carnival has NOT cancelled the other ships. They just are not allowing any additional bookings. We are booked on a b2b out of Charleston. It doesn't look good for either cruise but I have land based plans (airbnb) prior to the b2b. Our fallback plan is potentially Iceland or Greece.

1 hour ago, musbeus said:

Carnival has NOT cancelled the other ships. They just are not allowing any additional bookings. We are booked on a b2b out of Charleston. It doesn't look good for either cruise but I have land based plans (airbnb) prior to the b2b. Our fallback plan is potentially Iceland or Greece.

Nice backup if your cruise does not go off

15 hours ago, mrswalker said:

We’re on August 14 Mardi Gras and did not receive anything. Plus, our final payment was due (and paid) this past Sunday. Hmmm.

We are on the same cruise and I emailed my pvp and got it extended to 6-29. Hopefully we hear something soon!

On 5/5/2021 at 4:08 PM, cruisegirl06 said:

I too am booked on that cruise and they just pulled it from the booking site. I hope that is not bad news.🥺

1 hour ago, sunshine755 said:

I too am booked on that cruise and they just pulled it from the booking site. I hope that is not bad news.🥺

Yes - I noticed that too. We’ve been working on alternate vacation plan ideas, and it’s seeming more and more likely that’s what we’ll wind up doing for August 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cruisegirl06 said:

Yes - I noticed that too. We’ve been working on alternate vacation plan ideas, and it’s seeming more and more likely that’s what we’ll wind up doing for August 

At this rate, it won't even be disappointing.  The new CDC requirements for wearing a mask while dining and sunbathing go beyond common sense.  And this is even for cruise lines that agree to 100% vaccinations!!  
People have been patient with the rollout of vaccines and new treatments, but get rewarded with requirements that are completely idiotic and unreasonable.  I am ready to look for cruises that leave out of other countries because the CDC is made up of a bunch of people who are control freaks with no common sense whatsoever.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 3

On 5/5/2021 at 6:15 PM, ninjacat123 said:

This is an automated email,  We just got two, and our cruise is in December.  I do hope we all get to cruise.

2 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

...The new CDC requirements for wearing a mask while dining and sunbathing go beyond common sense.  And this is even for cruise lines that agree to 100% vaccinations!!  ...

Really? That's crazy

• Like 2